Dogecoin and reddit targeting JR in the most popular driver award

Well let them. If that somehow helps the 98 team great. You dont win races by getting the MPD award.

So far, it's been a pretty civil hashing :)
But, yes, we need something new to hash over.

Tempers will flare between a couple of A-list drivers some at some point during the 600 and all this Dogecoin business will be forgotten for awhile.

I guess I didn't do a very good job of explaining myself. I don't have a problem with any part of what happened. I do find it very humorous that a bunch of people got that upset about something that doesn't really mean anything. As far as "taking down" Jr. as MPD. If that is their goal, they can do whatever makes them happy. It makes no difference to me either way. I just don't see many of those that voted for Josh, becoming long term Nascar fans. But then again I could be wrong, after all, I am the resident retard.

Well there's your problem. You refuse to embrace the 21st century.

Until you've utilized facebook, twitter, linkd in and reddit please do everyone a favor and halt your comments about something you are unfamiliar with.

You werent a fan of joey until he won at new hampshire, correct? :sarcasm:
Lol Actually I didn't even start watching NASCAR until a few months after that.

So, hating on Junior and Danica is perfectly acceptable, but don't let anyone say anything even remotely negative about poor Joshie or Reddit. Gotcha.

We're all a bunch of haters, and the sooner we all just embrace hate, the better off we'll all be.
Who said that? LMFAO Like Jr and Danica don't have cult like followings?.... the only reason Wise is getting any flak is because people are so butt hurt... see post #137...

I have never voted for MPD... but I am this year.... why? Because Jr's fans are in such an uproar their leader might not win his popularity contest.

For me, as I ve said before...its not that Josh has a fanatical fan base...it is that *SOME* redditors care *ONLY* about their own "nerd prestige" and "putting one over" on NASCAR. Its that I do not like. As I have posted before, some redditors have come to enjoy nascar and everyone should welcome them with open arms..but the ones who just want to be king nerd and rule over Nascar and the brain are not.

For me, as I ve said before...its not that Josh has a fanatical fan base...it is that *SOME* redditors care *ONLY* about their own "nerd prestige" and "putting one over" on NASCAR. Its that I do not like. As I have posted before, some redditors have come to enjoy nascar and everyone should welcome them with open arms..but the ones who just want to be king nerd and rule over Nascar and the brain are not.
People tend to be passionate about things when their own money is involved. The reddit people are simply trying to ride out their exposure for as long as possible.

Who said that? LMFAO Like Jr and Danica don't have cult like followings?.... the only reason Wise is getting any flak is because people are so butt hurt... see post #137...
The point I was making is that everybody is fair game, including Josh Wise, and the fact that some people may not like or approve of what happened with the fan vote or what Reddit may try to do with the MPD vote doesn't necessarily mean that those people are "butthurt" about it. I think some of you that are supporters of Wise/Reddit are just throwing that word around to try to discredit the other side just because their opinion doesn't jibe with yours.

The funny thing is, Wise is only catching heat because, as Bobby pointed out earlier, he isn't a household name and hasn't done anything in Cup yet. He could be any other random backmarker and you'd probably see the same exact reaction.

I have never voted for MPD... but I am this year.... why? Because Jr's fans are in such an uproar their leader might not win his popularity contest.
Which Junior fans are you referring to specifically? I haven't seen any Junior fans here making a big stink about it, myself included. I could not care less about this award. All you have to do is go to a race or watch driver intros and see who gets the biggest crowd reaction to find out who the MPD is.

And honestly, your reasoning behind voting for MPD sounds a little silly to me. Obviously it's your vote and you can do whatever you darn well please with it, but why not vote just because you like the driver you're going to vote for and leave it at that?

The funny thing is, Wise is only catching heat because, as Bobby pointed out earlier, he isn't a household name and hasn't done anything in Cup yet.
It runs a lot deeper than that. Truex Jr. won the Fan Vote in 2005 despite having only four career Cup starts and two Cup starts that season. He drove for DEI and Chance 2 Motorsports. I wonder why he won...

Kenny Wallace never did anything in Cup either but SPEED shamelessly promoted him and he drove this paint scheme around:
78vote-cot-darl.jpg

Again, no outrage.

It runs a lot deeper than that. Truex Jr. won the Fan Vote in 2005 despite having only four career Cup starts and two Cup starts that season. He drove for DEI and Chance 2 Motorsports. I wonder why he won...

Kenny Wallace never did anything in Cup either but SPEED shamelessly promoted him and he drove this paint scheme around:
78vote-cot-darl.jpg

Again, no outrage.
Yeah, I'll give you that Truex hadn't done anything in Cup when he won the fan vote in '05, but at least he had won the Nationwide (Busch) Series championship the year before, so people somewhat knew who he was. He then went on to win a second NW championship that year. Has Josh even won one of those? I'm not saying that to hate on him - I'm just saying.

I concede on Kenny Wallace, but I was never a fan of his.

The point I was making is that everybody is fair game, including Josh Wise, and the fact that some people may not like or approve of what happened with the fan vote or what Reddit may try to do with the MPD vote doesn't necessarily mean that those people are "butthurt" about it. I think some of you that are supporters of Wise/Reddit are just throwing that word around to try to discredit the other side just because their opinion doesn't jibe with yours.

The funny thing is, Wise is only catching heat because, as Bobby pointed out earlier, he isn't a household name and hasn't done anything in Cup yet. He could be any other random backmarker and you'd probably see the same exact reaction.

Which Junior fans are you referring to specifically? I haven't seen any Junior fans here making a big stink about it, myself included. I could not care less about this award. All you have to do is go to a race or watch driver intros and see who gets the biggest crowd reaction to find out who the MPD is.

And honestly, your reasoning behind voting for MPD sounds a little silly to me. Obviously it's your vote and you can do whatever you darn well please with it, but why not vote just because you like the driver you're going to vote for and leave it at that?
I just don't see why ppl are making such a big deal out of it. Josh will fade into obscurity again at some point and all will be right in the world again. But you're right.. I will vote for Joey :D

78vote-cot-darl.jpg

Again, no outrage.

kenny wallace ! forgot that.
sorta puts josh wise in different perspective huh . ha!

Everybody knew who Kenny Wallace was but nobody knew/knows who Josh wise is. There's a difference.

Yeah, I'll give you that Truex hadn't done anything in Cup when he won the fan vote in '05, but at least he had won the Nationwide (Busch) Series championship the year before, so people somewhat knew who he was. He then went on to win a second NW championship that year. Has Josh even won one of those? I'm not saying that to hate on him - I'm just saying.
Other Nationwide Series champions with better Cup resumes at the time have lost the Fan Vote. In fact, there was even another Nationwide champion in the Nextel Open field that Truex raced in. A virtual unknown in the Cup Series and he beat out guys like McMurray, Jeff Burton, and Kyle Busch...he won the Fan Vote for no reason other than he drove for DEI and Jr.'s Nationwide team.

Other Nationwide Series champions with better Cup resumes at the time have lost the Fan Vote. In fact, there was even another Nationwide champion in the Nextel Open field that Truex raced in. A virtual unknown in the Cup Series and he beat out guys like McMurray, Jeff Burton, and Kyle Busch...he won the Fan Vote for no reason other than he drove for DEI and Jr.'s Nationwide team.
I feel you, man, but even if Truex wasn't the absolute most talented driver among the candidates for the fan vote that year, at least he had won a championship and a few races in NW (yes, while driving for Junior, which definitely didn't hurt him) and people knew who he was. That's why there was no widespread outrage when he won the fan vote. He wasn't just some guy that had never done anything of significance in NASCAR at all and appeared out of nowhere. You can't make the same case for Josh Wise, hence the backlash when he won the fan vote. Other people on the anti-Dogecoin side may have something deeper behind their opinion, but for me, it's that simple. I have nothing against Josh Wise personally, or his supporters for that matter.

If we're gonna talk about who "deserved" the fan vote the most this year, I'd say Larson did. I never voted because NASCAR.com has been acting funny on my tablet and I couldn't get through to the confirmation page or whatever. Granted, one measly vote on a tablet without the Sprint App wouldn't have made a difference when you had folks sitting in front of their computers holding 24 hour voting sessions. I love NASCAR and all, but eff that noise.

For me the bottom line in all of this really is just that Josh Wise is making a name for himself and bringing money to his team. Whether its because of things he's doing or not it's happening and it's good for him, it's good for his team it's good for NASCAR and apparently it's pretty good for that stupid little dog too.... I hope this starts a domino affect that has that team at top tier status in 5 years.

You know.. there has to be a reason these guys like Josh to have started this in the first place.

Kenny Wallace never did anything in Cup either but SPEED shamelessly promoted him and he drove this paint scheme around:Again, no outrage.
kenny wallace ! forgot that.
sorta puts josh wise in different perspective huh . ha!
Everybody knew who Kenny Wallace was but nobody knew/knows who Josh wise is. There's a difference.
Sooooo then the problem is Josh doesn't have a super star older brother to make him seem more important?.. or.. more fitting to this thread... father?
There is no problem other than the one you're trying to create. I said everyone knew who KW was/is but Josh wise was/is an obscure backmarker. Both are true statements.

There is no problem other than the one you're trying to create. I said everyone knew who KW was/is but Josh wise was/is an obscure backmarker. Both are true statements.
I knew who Josh Wise was before this... either way.... this statement is no longer true... he is no longer an obscure back marker... hes the fan vote dogecoin reddit back marker guy now lol

People knew/know Kenny Wallace because he's a brother to Rusty Wallace and a buffoon - not because of any ability to drive a race car.

At 31 years old he isn't exactly fresh talent.
He's definitely pushing it.

I'm not of fan of his but I do think that it's nice to someone else receive some attention other than the same old bunch that the media are constantly worrying about.

If he doesn't show some success, he'll fade away into obscurity with no harm done.

Back
Top Bottom