F1 2023 News/Misc.

First year of ESPN’s new TV deal includes:

- 5 races live on ABC (Miami, Monaco, Canada, U.S., Mexico)
- 13 races ESPN
- 5 races ESPN2
- 18 races simulcast on ESPN+
- More qualifying sessions on ESPN/2
- More social/digital/SportsCenter presence

First year of ESPN’s new TV deal includes:

- 5 races live on ABC (Miami, Monaco, Canada, U.S., Mexico)
- 13 races ESPN
- 5 races ESPN2
- 18 races simulcast on ESPN+
- More qualifying sessions on ESPN/2
- More social/digital/SportsCenter presence

More on ESPNS+F1 news..

You did God's work Mother's Polish.

Not getting the warm and fuzzies from Lewis in a contract year. He downplays it later on and says they can get it right moving forwards, but it is interesting to hear him straight up that the team didn’t listen to his feedback and that he wants accountability.

“Last year, there were things I told them,” Hamilton told the BBC. “I said the issues that are with the car. I’ve driven so many cars in my life so I know what a car needs, I know what a car doesn’t need. I think it’s really about accountability.

“It’s about owning up and saying, ‘Yeah, you know what? We didn’t listen to you. It’s not where it needs to be and we’ve got to work.’ We’ve got to look into the balance through the corners, look at all the weak points, and just huddle up as a team. That’s what we do.

Head aerodynamicist at Ferrari is also leaving immediately, rumored to join McLaren after gardening leave.

Hamilton usually speaks with measure, and this is about as upset as I've seen him. He raised less hell over Dubia than he has this.

Interesting about Lewis, sounds like the team is setting the cars up for Russell
IMHO, its less of that and just overall just applying said feedback to the car. Both Lewis and George are highly detailed with car feedback, I don't see why they would just take their 7x champion's feedback and throw it in the bin.

I've got a lot of respect for Hamilton telling us about the situation and the team not listening to him. Not that I didn't have respect for him before but I like it when people are up front and honest about situations and not afraid to tell it like it is.

I've got a lot of respect for Hamilton telling us about the situation and the team not listening to him. Not that I didn't have respect for him before but I like it when people are up front and honest about situations and not afraid to tell it like it is.
Hamilton has never thrown anyone under the bus before, so the situation must be pretty spicey.

Not getting the warm and fuzzies from Lewis in a contract year. He downplays it later on and says they can get it right moving forwards, but it is interesting to hear him straight up that the team didn’t listen to his feedback and that he wants accountability.

Even George is like its over, Red Bull is going to win every race let’s sacrifice everything. Lol

Dumpster fire team.

If Red Bull does win every race, be happy you got to witness that kind of unprecedented greatness.

Gotta hand it to Hamilton for having an even temperament.

A literal wtf..
LMAO

I’ve never seen a team get so dramatic over a fourth-placed car. Not Red Bull when they fell off at the beginning of the turbo hybrid era, not even Ferrari when their engine got neutered and they were backmarkers in 2020, not ever. Good grief. Tilted.

Wonder how this would affect the NASCAR side with Tony Stewart. Gene is such a weasel. Never liked this guy.

I'm not saying physical training doesn't matter, but I also can't believe it's a story. I'm picturing there being a press release where it's announced NASCAR's Timmy Hill has purchased a P-90X subscription.

I'm not saying physical training doesn't matter, but I also can't believe it's a story. I'm picturing there being a press release where it's announced NASCAR's Timmy Hill has purchased a P-90X subscription.
I liken it to when a famous superstar PGA golfer has a caddie change.
She was front and center for all of Hambones wins and paddock vids.

I'm not saying physical training doesn't matter, but I also can't believe it's a story.
I read something on another forum that I don't want to repeat, simply because it's gossip. If there's anything to it, we'll hear about it soon enough.

There was no indication this was coming. Like, there was no announcement until it was over and done with.......right after the first race of the season. My guess is the timing is so poor that something had to go down we aren't hearing about and it's probably better we don't.

I've assumed that people have said that they had some sort of sexual relationship, largely because that rumor always persists in any situation where a man and a woman work together professionally.

I'm super insulated from all that sort of drama. I literally just watch the stuff on track and that's it. I didn't even know people knew and cared about her or that she existed before today; 100% truth.

I've assumed that people have said that they had some sort of sexual relationship, largely because that rumor always persists in any situation where a man and a woman work together professionally.
Borring, I was hoping for something along the lines of; human trafficing, animal sacrifice 😴

I don't really care but I thought it was possible. No other driver's physical therapist received nearly as much TV coverage as she did.

What I always noticed was how she was Hamilton's shadow. She took care of his every need handing him things, taking his helmet, etc. Almost like a support animal. Not trying to be rude but she was way more than a trainer it seemed. I believe she's married with a kid or two and I thought she must miss the family having to be away so much. Her pay must've been good.

F1 is quickly approaching complete irrelevance in this country. Only 755,000 viewers watched the Saudi GP on Sky, down from 1.1 million viewers for the Bahrain GP.
Sky is required to show four races in Free-TV but they're struggling to find a partner for a sub-license deal. It's possible that the four races will be live-streamed on YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom