F1 2023 News/Misc.

Russia flooded in 2021 while they were already prepping the garages. They will be fine.

South Florida got hit with 1 foot of rain in 24 hours. It's no wonder they got flooding, but there's probably enough time for it to dry out.

I'm sure they or any major tire company can build a tire to any specification if asked. I doubt there is a secret sauce.

Tire construction is a tough business in racing. The tires have to be built to withstand massive loads and heat but be able to put on a good show as well. The casual fan might not understand why tires are degrading so much if they’re designed to wear.

In Michelin’s case they’re known as the best tire supplier in the sports car world with tires that can be double- and triple-stinted if need be, and in Audi’s infamous case at Le Mans in 2011, even quintuple-stinted. Pirelli are seemingly okay with building single-stint use tires, even in the sports car series they supply, but they often wind up catching flack in F1 for tires that either wear too much or too little. It’s a tough balance to attain when the series requires use of multiple compounds and different levels of grip/wear.

Tire construction is a tough business in racing. The tires have to be built to withstand massive loads and heat but be able to put on a good show as well. The casual fan might not understand why tires are degrading so much if they’re designed to wear.

In Michelin’s case they’re known as the best tire supplier in the sports car world with tires that can be double- and triple-stinted if need be, and in Audi’s infamous case at Le Mans in 2011, even quintuple-stinted. Pirelli are seemingly okay with building single-stint use tires, even in the sports car series they supply, but they often wind up catching flack in F1 for tires that either wear too much or too little. It’s a tough balance to attain when the series requires use of multiple compounds and different levels of grip/wear.
From a marketing standpoint, what does Pirelli get out of it? All you hear is the tires won't switch on, they wouldn't get in the right operating window, the deg killed, the tires were finished after a lap. Are they tires or are they cheeze wheels?

I'm not sure Michelin needs that when the sportscar drives talk about how they can triple stint the tires, they have superb grip and are great in the rain. Why would they want to sully thier name by building cheezey tires that won't last a full GP distance and all the drivers complaining about them?

I understand Michelin's stance completely. What I don't understand is why Pirelli let's F1 tell them how to build a tire that generates nothing but complaints and makes them look bad. Finished after a lap? Doesn't make me want to run out and put Pirellis on the wife's car.

I hate the tire game. I hate it. If you want an example how you can lose a championship because of the tire game, look to Abu Dabi 2021. I much preferred it when they all ran one set of tires for the whole race and part of the skill was keeping them healthy. I get tired of the commentators spewing for two hours about tire compounds, overcuts, undercuts, and things that were never a part of racing until the powers that be thought the show needed "spicing up."

That's as negatitive as I'm going to be because the racing isn't bad. They fixed the cars. Now fix the tires.

Very lucrative business ...

How much do F1 tyres cost?

After verifying with different sources, it has been found that a single set of F1 tyres cost around $2700. Considering every car is allotted 13 sets of tyres per Grand Prix, as declared by Formula 1, the money spent on them is heavy.

Look at F1's past tire history
I bet there is a lot of politics involved before they make a decision, with little to do with the chemical ingredience of the product.
Forgot it was Michelin who had the debacle at the US GP in 2005. They dominated that season (that was their only loss) but were probably remembered most for that “race”.

Interesting that that season without any tire changes was their best.

Forgot it was Michelin who had the debacle at the US GP in 2005. They dominated that season (that was their only loss) but were probably remembered most for that “race”.

Interesting that that season without any tire changes was their best.
I remember that race, it was almost as bad as Mosley in a Nazi sex video.

I guess it isn't my problem if Michelin doesn't want the revenue from being F1's official tire supplier.
Actually I wish F1 ran tires that wear even more than now. Whenever they had one-stop races in recent years it usually turned out to be pretty boring.
Tires that last for an entire race would create extremely bad racing.

I remember that race, it was almost as bad as Mosley in a Nazi sex video.
Max' father was a member of the nazi party during the way. I believe he was head of the British nazi party. You might think the FIA would have bounced him over the nazi hooker thing, but instead they gave him an overwhelming vote of confidence.

R.ff6dce5eff79fd6f3eb32cd07ad477fe

And, they got the nazi hooker orgy on video, so how could even one person think Mosley wasn't a sick creep? I don't believe an orgy is illegal, but the Europeans are pretty serious about getting rid of nazis and neo-nazis. How they allowed nazis to run things for so many years is a mystery to me.

Further, the FIA was previously run by Jean Mari Baleste, who was also claimed to be part of the French SS........ https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...d-Max-Mosley-son-Nazi-sympathiser-Oswald.html

It took until Jean Todt to completely purge the Nazi influence from the FIA.

Ron Dennis was never seen gloating about his rival's nazi hooker troubles in public. Privately, though.............

rondeenisil7.jpg

Liberty was one of the finalists to buy the series and IMS a few years back, but it sounds like Windsor is way late on this or talking out of his ass. Penske already denied the rumors of them selling it a couple of weeks back and if they did, they wouldn’t sell to someone who wants to make it a feeder series. That idea doesn’t even make sense to begin with, F2 barely graduates drivers to F1 as it is now and it’s not like teams want the grid to expand.

Liberty was one of the finalists to buy the series and IMS a few years back, but it sounds like Windsor is way late on this or talking out of his ass. Penske already denied the rumors of them selling it a couple of weeks back and if they did, they wouldn’t sell to someone who wants to make it a feeder series. That idea doesn’t even make sense to begin with, F2 barely graduates drivers to F1 as it is now and it’s not like teams want the grid to expand.
The inaccurate reporting is just as bad in motorsports as it is in politics. Penske wasn't going to buy IMS and Indycar just to flip it.

Or maybe their favorite driver who they had no idea existed before their binging of Drive to Survive, should you know try......harder. I hope Max wins the next 3 in a row so the Johhny Come Lately's cry harder. Gosh, someone thinking F1 is boring...... shoot them to the moon.

I’d rather have had Days of Thunder 2...than whatever that Brad Pitt movie is going to be. I mean we already have a GOAT of an F1 Movie: Rush

Back
Top Bottom