F1 News

Kyvat is a good driver, but that demotion pretty much sealed it for him.

I say, **** the RBR program and use his sponsors to find a new team to go to. Red Bull honestly ****** him over.

Kyvat is a good driver, but that demotion pretty much sealed it for him.

I say, **** the RBR program and use his sponsors to find a new team to go to. Red Bull honestly ****** him over.

Kyvat has scored 4 points to Sainz 48. Take a second to let that sink it.

Even though Kyvat was probably unfairly dropped from the Red Bull team, he did not make the most of the chance they gave him to redeem himself at Torro Rosso. Red Bull's driver program has always been a pressure cooker. Just look at the talent they have already cast aside.

At this point, Kyvat's not going to land a better F1 drive, if he can get anything at all. It this point I would say he is probably better off looking for a good WEC P2 drive for next year. That class is going to rock, and the opportunities are going to be there. P2 has become a valid place for professional drivers to go.

Kvyat just doesn't have it during the races. Way too many clumsy incidents. I liked him at first, thought he had potential, but he just hasn't shown that he deserves to be retained by the Red Bull group.

An idea that I thought was interesting was Toro Rosso bringing Seb Buemi back to partner Gasly in his rookie season next year. I don't know if Seb could get out of his FE contract if that were to start developing though. Heard that discussion on Midweek Motorsport.

Oh my ****
IMG_3662.JPG

..shipped straight from Nice, France.

Is the picture just large or is this how F1 tickets look like? They look like flight tickets. lol Huge.

Also, for Austin I'm assuming?

It's an envelope... the "tickets" are wristbands. Lmfao. Yeah, for Austin.

So excited for Hartley. IMO he was driver of the race at Petit. He was so fast and when
he wanted to had no problem closing gaps. Cant wait to see how he does.

Have a good time Dun24.

So excited for Hartley. IMO he was driver of the race at Petit. He was so fast and when
he wanted to had no problem closing gaps. Cant wait to see how he does.

Have a good time Dun24.

Thank you, I will. I'm pretty hyped to see how Hartley does in the STR ride.

Hartley is probably going to run all the remaining races this season, and the U.S. GP is likely going to be Kvyat's last F1 race.
It is also possible that Hartley runs full-time next year.
https://de.motorsport.com/f1/news/toro-rosso-hartley-statt-kwjat-966557/ (Sorry, I couldn't find it in English.)

I even saw an Italian article talking about Koboyashi being in the running for the STR seat for next year.

Man, I still the one who needs the chance is Frijins. Dude's record is phenomenal and has won in just about everything, if Red Bull had kept him as a long term sponsored driver...

I even saw an Italian article talking about Koboyashi being in the running for the STR seat for next year.

Man, I still the one who needs the chance is Frijins. Dude's record is phenomenal and has won in just about everything, if Red Bull had kept him as a long term sponsored driver...
If Hartley winds up in F1, Ganassi should absolutely go after him for that second seat. His resume is phenomenal.

I find the whole Hartley/Red Bull thing interesting after they seemingly wanted little to do with him in open wheel after some feeder series, now are looking to debut him full-time at 28. That's a big learning curve and I'd be hard-pressed to name the last F1 driver to debut full-time that old.

If Hartley winds up in F1, Ganassi should absolutely go after him for that second seat. His resume is phenomenal.

I find the whole Hartley/Red Bull thing interesting after they seemingly wanted little to do with him in open wheel after some feeder series, now are looking to debut him full-time at 28. That's a big learning curve and I'd be hard-pressed to name the last F1 driver to debut full-time that old.

Damon Hill did it 33, why not Hartley at 28?

Damon Hill did it 33, why not Hartley at 28?
Different times, everyone gets in ultra young now and their shelf life is short. Verstappen was basically a high schooler when he started. Adjusting from an LMP1 machine to an F1 car with no prior testing...I think he said he has like a 50-page manual to catch up on how the car works.

That said, I hope he does well.

Different times, everyone gets in ultra young now and their shelf life is short. Verstappen was basically a high schooler when he started. Adjusting from an LMP1 machine to an F1 car with no prior testing...I think he said he has like a 50-page manual to catch up on how the car works.

That said, I hope he does well.

I hope he comes to IndyCar, I think he would be quite the driver. I think watching him with Porsche works LMP1 program just shows what type of driver Harley is capable of.

That's being an insanely quick driver.

Alonso staying with McLaren.
Fernando also has confirmed his return to the Indy 500! But not in 2018...:oops:
"Obviously now with the new McLaren deal for next year I can confirm that I will not be in the Indy 500 next year, because it is Monaco GP the same weekend and the priority next year is to perform well in F1.

"But at the same time I will confirm that I will be in the Indy 500 in the future. Whether it will be 2019 or 2020, whenever, it is a race that I definitely will experience again."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alonso-says-new-mclaren-deal-is-long-term-967418/

3000 more RPM in 21'. Probably not extremely cost effective but I'm not complaining!

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...t-clear-direction-for-2021-f1-power-unit.html
These:

• Prescriptive internal design parameters to restrict development costs and discourage extreme designs and running conditions
  • Removal of the MGUH
  • Standard energy store and control electronics

give me some hope that they won't be too expensive, or lead to a series that's more of an engine formula as we have now.

WOW! No one in F1 has any idea of what they want and Ferrari are threatening to take their ball and go home. Shocking stuff, this has never happened before. :rolleyes:

Ferrari could quit Formula 1 over new proposals by Liberty Media
http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/41857101

They aren't happy with the new engine rules Liberty purposed. Other top teams aren't happy either.
I got the impression from the article at Motorsport.com that Ferrari's threat stemmed from concern over the "legacy payments" going away more than concern about the new engine regs.

I got the impression from the article at Motorsport.com that Ferrari's threat stemmed from concern over the "legacy payments" going away more than concern about the new engine regs.
I'm sure they won't stand for that either but there are some very real allegations here, namely that they believe "powertrain uniqueness is not going to be one of the drivers of distinctiveness of the participants' line-up" and that it would effectively be a "global NASCAR" formula. Like the current PU regs have worked out so well...

The biggest question during the F1 silly season will be who is gonna replace him. My guess is Leclerc (or maybe Kubica if Martini still wants someone who is over 25)
I think Kubica has to be the favorite right now. Maybe di Resta in second. It sounds like Ferrari is trying hard to place Leclerc at Haas or Sauber, but Haas aren't having any of it. Sauber could be Leclerc/Giovinazzi next year.

To the shock of no one, and to the further despair of a certain young Russian, Pierre Gasly and Brendan Hartley have been confirmed as Toro Rosso's full-time drivers for 2018.

I think Kubica has to be the favorite right now. Maybe di Resta in second. It sounds like Ferrari is trying hard to place Leclerc at Haas or Sauber, but Haas aren't having any of it. Sauber could be Leclerc/Giovinazzi next year.

Kubica should be the favorite. Paul should stick to being a SkyF1 presenter. He can't even crack the top ten in DTM. :confused:

Kubica should be the favorite. Paul should stick to being a SkyF1 presenter. He can't even crack the top ten in DTM. :confused:
Yeah, I don't see any serious reason for giving him another shot in F1.
If Martini would request a driver over 25 years, I'd prefer Leclerc over Kubica, so Giovinazzi could get the second Sauber.
Wehrlein seems to be done anyway:(.

Di Resta did win a championship in '10. I don't understand why Williams is so focused on signing Kubica or Di Resta... SIGN KOBOYASHI INSTEAD.

Di Resta did win a championship in '10. I don't understand why Williams is so focused on signing Kubica or Di Resta... SIGN KOBOYASHI INSTEAD.
Kobayashi? The dude couldn't cut it against Perez at Sauber. Kubica is a proven winner, and he is the best one whose name has come up in the conversation.
As a person, Kobayashi is cool, but I am afraid that his time in F1 ended a while ago. See di Resta. ;)

Montoya with some harsh words to Kubica.

"Honestly, it's a joke," said the former Williams and McLaren racer.

"I'm sure Robert is no longer 100 per cent capable of pushing a Formula One car to the

"It's not just about the test where he has to get out of a stationary car with the Halo, which is already quite hard," the Canadian said.

"What about a start where he has to abruptly dodge an object? I doubt you can do that with one hand. From my own experience I know you cannot.

"I think the FIA needs to think carefully about how they can be 100 per cent sure that Robert is able to avoid accidents. Kubica himself should also think carefully about whether he wants to.

"This is not about lap times, he also has a responsibility to his colleagues. The same is true of Williams. If there is a serious accident, the responsibility will be great."

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-...bica-Jacques-Villeneuve-Formula-One-Abu-Dhabi

Kobayashi? The dude couldn't cut it against Perez at Sauber. Kubica is a proven winner, and he is the best one whose name has come up in the conversation.
As a person, Kobayashi is cool, but I am afraid that his time in F1 ended a while ago. See di Resta. ;)

Perez I'd say was not any better than Koboyashi.

2011 and 2012 they were close, actually one to one.

Perez's tire management is the only reason why he's still in F1. Raw pace wise and qualifying speed I would take Kamui, easily. Perez is good, but not great. If it was not for the swiss cheese tires Pirelli used, Perez would probably be gone. Also, Kamui did not have any sponsors and was outsted for no reason.

Perez I'd say was not any better than Koboyashi.

2011 and 2012 they were close, actually one to one.

Perez's tire management is the only reason why he's still in F1. Raw pace wise and qualifying speed I would take Kamui, easily. Perez is good, but not great. If it was not for the swiss cheese tires Pirelli used, Perez would probably be gone. Also, Kamui did not have any sponsors and was outsted for no reason.

Perez earned more podiums in their time together; he got the big results for Sauber. Kamui was good, but Perez gets the edge over him.

di Resta seemed to be well-liked as the reserve driver there, so I think it's only natural he was at least in contention. I agree that he shouldn't be the final selection though.

Sounds like it's gonna be Kubica. And Sauber seem likely to announce Leclerc and then either Ericsson or Gio this weekend, along with a possible Alfa Romeo engine badging.

Back
Top Bottom