Fail inspection you lose race

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by DanicaFreak, Feb 6, 2019.

1. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I guess the three that got sent home already that happened? Sure what you say can happen, but the fans taking pictures of the cars on the track caught more cars than the inspections or the teams did.

2. Bobw

Bobw Team Owner

I haven't read all the posts but has it been brought up that the sponsor might withhold installment payments if there's a DQ? Will future contracts include penalty clauses? Will there be a clause the contract can be voided if there's more than 1 DQ?

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  3. Revman

Revman JGR/TRD Daytona 1-2-3 for JD

If contracts included penalty clauses, that would be great. Really. Bring a legal car. Make it easy on NASCAR. I mean that.

4. Revman

Who got DQ'ed?

5. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

6. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

WRONG The inspection process after the race is open house for all to see.

Johali and mack like this.
  7. Revman

Yeah, sure, okay....

8. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

I can't speak for now, as I have no direct knowledge, but that's the way it always was. I stood right there and watched a few in the Busch Series.

mack, Charlie Spencer and StandOnIt like this.
  9. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

It has been stated that the inspections will be pretty much the same way with reporters, fans, crew members etc being present. Fans will know if there is a problem before Nascar announces it.

10. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

They have? How? I missed that.

And yes, they need to because fans are tired of a cheater being permitted to walk off with the win. It stinks of WWE.

11. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Racer's Kelly Crandall is proving to be one of the better young Nascar reporters.
    Good current article about the inspection process with Crew Chief's comments, Pearn, Gordon, Gustafson, Knaus etc. BTW they moved some cameras around in the trunk area this year.

INSIGHT: Inside NASCAR’s inspection process

https://racer.com/2019/02/11/insight-inside-nascars-inspection-process/

12. Zerkfitting

Zerkfitting Team Owner

Interesting article. The big teams have a scanning station in their shop which gives them an advantage. It helps them prepare their cars for the track inspection but it also helps them figure out how it works and I'm guessing they use it to test their innovations.

LewTheShoe, Turtle84, mack and 2 others like this.
  13. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

So HMS has this machine and yet they really had a hard time last year getting passed for qualifying.

StandOnIt likes this.
  14. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I heard the setup wasn't hugely expensive, nothing like their simulators, child's play for any of the top multi car teams to have one. Nascar has one and it is free to use for everybody else to use, so it isn't completely a have, have not deal. just not as convenient, but yeah it has to be an advantage if they have one of their own AND somebody who knows what they are doing to set it up and run it. It's pretty worthless without a good operator.

15. Zerkfitting

Zerkfitting Team Owner

Either that's why they got one or they didn't have the right guy running it as Standonit pointed out.

16. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

I can believe RFR would be that dumb but not HMS

17. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

so you are saying last year Hendrick had an inspection problem? I'm not sure that was their problem. Besides having fast cars this year for the 500, as they say the real season starts at Atlanta. Hendrick might not be out of the woods yet.

18. Revman

The 500 qualifying is a beast unto itself. Tells us nothing that we haven't known for years---Hendrick will sacrifice handling for speed to get the prestige of the Daytona 500 pole---and I respect that. I don't know that they are the fastest. Anybody can trim their cars out, and go for it. Real speed is race speed for this race. Atlanta will tell the tale as you mentioned, and I do think that they will be completely competitive.

Zerkfitting and Charlie Spencer like this.
  19. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

Among all of their other problems, YES they had an inspection problem and it was embarrassing to be a fan of that organization and watch them continually shoot themselves in the foot. It cost them time on the track, it cost them starting positions and it cost them crew suspensions, NONE of which they could afford as bad as they were running. Whether they have fixed anything or not for 2019, who knows.