Fall/Winter Weather Thread

The heavy sleet has finally shown up. Ground is covered --- deck is covered. Fortunately, the ground is still warm, so roads are not frozen.
Supposed to drive north to Athens in the morning, I may reschedule the appt. with the CPA.

27* on the porch right now.

The heavy sleet has finally shown up. Ground is covered --- deck is covered. Fortunately, the ground is still warm, so roads are not frozen.
Supposed to drive north to Athens in the morning, I may reschedule the appt. with the CPA.

27* on the porch right now.
roads aren't warm here...seen the news?

All the jr dragsters had a divisional down in Sealy...got done at noon, they all started coming north as the roads went from bad to worse....alot of them are staying the night down there or coming up 35 instead of 45. One parents posted "3 hours and a couple hundred miles ago we were racing in shorts and a t-shirt. What the hell." along with a picture coming up 35 with short visability and blizzard conditions.

The kids in the house?
They are in their snug doghouses. Both well-insulated, both have plenty of hay for snuggling down.
Big Dog would be too uncomfortable in the house, 66* makes him pant --- he has a thick double coat that is designed for winter.
Little Dog buries himself in the hay --- his coat is thick, also.

They've always been outside --- even in 10* weather with 6 inches of snow.

Last edited:
roads aren't warm here...seen the news?

All the jr dragsters had a divisional down in Sealy...got done at noon, they all started coming north as the roads went from bad to worse....alot of them are staying the night down there or coming up 35 instead of 45. One parents posted "3 hours and a couple hundred miles ago we were racing in shorts and a t-shirt. What the hell." along with a picture coming up 35 with short visability and blizzard conditions.

I just checked the http://www.drivetexas.org/full/--- most roads around here and to Athens are not marked as icy. Some county roads and Farm Roads are, but not the main highways. I'll check again tomorrow before heading out.

wind chill advisory again tonight from midnight to 9 Monday morning. Wind chills from -15 to -25. High temp tomorrow -4. Just another day in paradise. :(:p

It is 7.7 whatever that is, with a wind chill of -4, has been doing it all, sleet, hail and snow while thundering..normal temps are supposed to be 59H and 36L this time of year. Cah raaaap!

Snowing (again). 16° outside, wood stove up to 73°. Day off from work, good day to relax and stay warm and dry inside for a change.

Just checked the drivetexas site --- looks like I won't be driving to Athens today. I'll call later and reschedule.
We had heavy sleet late last night. Ground is mostly covered--- decks are really iced over.

Did get out to feed birds. Dogs are in the house, snoring/farting/grunting, etc. They were warm and dry when I let them in about an hour ago --- even their ears were warm --- so they were snug in their houses.

19* and howling winds right now.

We hit our 50th day below zero this winter this morning (-12* now). That ranks 5th over the last 130 years.

Not driving to see the CPA today --- just called him, he confirmed icy roads. Staying home with farting dogs. Need gas mask.
Think that system is ready to hit the Carolinas, in the upper 60's here yesterday and 44 at 5:30 am when I got up this morning, but there high winds and the temperature is dropping fast. Took my grandson to school 8 AM only to have them tell me I need to be back at 9:30 to pick him up becuse they were dismissing school because of the weather. Spring just can't get here soon enough for me.

It was 65° yesterday. Today, I woke up to snow and 28°.

b1d5bb87f3418fac3a60c3ae71db045f.jpg

The forecast is 82 for the boat race at Puddingstone lake here in SoCal this weekend. I have my fingers crossed.:)

I have really seen enough snow to last a lifetime. I'm sick of it snowing every time I have an appointment to check out the apartment (so I know what I need to get).

Ice and rain this morning, rain and cold this afternoon. It's supposed to be in the sixties tomorrow.

Is Mother Nature on the rag?

People were down right giddy as it warmed up to 26 yesterday (below zero last week). It is supposed to get up to 47 today, people might loose control.

The last four days have been beautiful, with yesterday peeking at about 80º. (although I was sick in bed most of Mon and Tue). Today some storms coming through, then tomorrow it should get all the way up to about 40º

Ok, so two days ago, I was driving around town with the windows down and the music cranked up. It was sunny and in the upper 40's. I know people in most places think that's cold, but around here for this time of year it was almost shorts weather. Yesterday was in the mid 50's. Today we've had rain that turned into freezing rain that has turned into snow. We are expecting up to 6 inches of snow as the temperature drops throughout the day to an expected 11 degrees tonight. So all of that rain and freezing rain should make for a nice base coat of ice under all of that snow. Fortunately, it is expected to be in the upper 40's Friday, that should probably get rid of all of that.

Yesterday was warm and wonderful to be outside. High 70s, light breeze.

This morning, the wind is HOWLING out of the North with gusts that are trying to tear the roof off the house. Blew the deck furniture off the deck.
Not terribly cold, but miserable nonetheless. Dogs are holed up in their house --- mainly to get out of the wind.

Overcast and windy but nice here. In the low 70s.

Same as Andy. 56 and sunny last two days. Snow tonight and low of 12 tommorow. Enough already.

This is crazy. Not near as bad as you guy's but annoying as hell at any rate.

web_7_day_full.JPG

Back
Top Bottom