Heavy Handed Mod or did Nascar buy this message board? POLE

Heavy Handed Mod or did Nascar buy this message board?

• Just a Heavy Handed Mod

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Nascar bought this message board

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
He brought no value to this forum. His only purpose was to annoy Standonit and others whom he had an agenda against. He said the same repetitive nonsense in every thread, regardless of the topic, with the sole intention of poking the bear.

I didn't mind him when he was Skoal, but as time went on, he seemed to get worse with every new username. He was a passive aggressive troll.
MAYBE if the people who didn't like him just scrolled on without attacking him things may have been different. The POINT here is "They attacked Him" and I thought that was a greater source of annoyment than anything he posted.

He brought no value to this forum. ( IN YOU OPINION) His only purpose was to annoy Standonit and others ( Whom were always attacking Him) whom he had an agenda against.( IYO) He said the same repetitive nonsense in every thread, regardless of the topic, with the sole intention of poking the bear. (Just as other people continued to poke at him.)

I didn't mind him when he was Skoal, but as time went on, he seemed to get worse with every new username. He was a passive aggressive troll.

MAYBE if the people who didn't like him just scrolled on without attacking him things may have been different. The POINT here is "They attacked Him" and I thought that was a greater source of annoyment than anything he posted.
He attacked me all the time without provocation. Even in inbox messages

I'm not going to go back and find the posts but you said yourself that his goal in life was to piss everybody else off. He said it and you said it and that was his kick in life. He wasted three opportunities, hopefully he wont waste any more.

I never had an issue with the guy :idunno:

He didn't bother me either, not at all. What I notice is that some posters seem to have an uncontrollable desire to respond to every single post that they don't agree with. Some of those posters followed him around like flies on stink. Had they just left him alone, he would of likely found this place to be vapid and probably moved on.

He didn't bother me either, not at all. What I notice is that some posters seem to have an uncontrollable desire to respond to every single post that they don't agree with. Some of those posters followed him around like flies on stink. Had they just left him alone, he would of likely found this place to be vapid and probably moved on.

under which name would that have worked I wonder? :D

You hit the nail on the head sir.

The internet and a heavy hand is an inevitable thing

Right, thats why he had 3 different names. He was banned yet came back 3 times, doesnt look like he just "moved on" to me. And BTW, we have a right to disagree with every post we didnt agree with. Imagine that? Welcome to America

I missed the executions and what got them fried.

"Attacked" him with what? A gun? A knife? A stick? Simply addressing his daily nonsense is not an "attack". When a parent disciplines a child for foolishness is that an "attack"? Truth be known that clown is laughing as we type because hes remembered here. Love him all you want, go by and have tea and crumpets for all I care. Be sure to tell him I've never missed any of his "contributions" for a second. This place has been much more enjoyable and informational since his departure. Be sure to clarify if this is an "attack". I'm sure there will be a warrant sworn out for my behavior. Vicious, vile, spiteful, mean, threatening.....

I myself didn’t have a problem with Skoal/Ian/Atomic either. I think a select few didn’t like his opinions and antagonized him for it and he responded in kind and both ‘sides’ sorta just fed off each other until there was a big festering ball of hate and anxiety penetrating each thread. If I’m being honest it was a pain in the ass to read and almost had to bail entirely because I’m not gonna put six different people on ignore because then almost every thread here makes no sense. I disagreed with some things he said but I never felt the need to be a prick about it, and he never did the same to me.

And I will say ‘soft’ modding isn’t as bad as inconsistent modding. No one likes when one team gets all the calls.

Right, thats why he had 3 different names. He was banned yet came back 3 times, doesnt look like he just "moved on" to me. And BTW, we have a right to disagree with every post we didnt agree with. Imagine that? Welcome to America

Lol, he came back 3 times because people were feeding him. Had he been ignored, he would have gotten bored the first time around and disappeared.
I couldn't care less how you or anyonec else chooses to post, I was just pointing out the fact of the matter. I'm indifferent either way on the subject. I come here to catch up on Nascar racing news and hear different perspectives on races. I'm not interested in the spats and don't have any interest in arguing with strangers on the internet.

Lol, he came back 3 times because people were feeding him. Had he been ignored, he would have gotten bored the first time around and disappeared.
I couldn't care less how you or anyonec else chooses to post, I was just pointing out the fact of the matter. I'm indifferent either way on the subject. I come here to catch up on Nascar racing news and hear different perspectives on races. I'm not interested in the spats and don't have any interest in arguing with strangers on the internet.

You mean that some differing opinions aren't always wrong ?

The 2019 NASCAR season is off to a pretty bad go at it if this thread is the dominating topic of the front page.

Lack of an engaging product.

i think i remember some of the goings on with Skoal but I was new enough and probably still lurking to really have seen it all. It seemed kind of weird from what I remember but I don't remember enough to really comment intelligently.

That said I have found that ignoring one member on this board has made my experience here much more enjoyable. I was ready to walk way from here because it was just getting to be too much. I am not going to name names or give any hints as it doesn't matter as to who it is. I do think that everyone should use the button if people get on your nerves too much and yes, even it is me.

If no one responds, they stop talking...usually....

I also agree with FLRacingFan that inconsistency can be a big problem for a board, I don't know if it is here or not as I have no idea what others have actually had deleted or not.

I would still ask that we be notified, make it short and sweet as to why the moderation has occurred so I don't cause you work in the future. If there is a generally consistent application of the policies then a mods work load should go down in the long run. Enough members have expressed that they are having issues understanding the new interpretation of the rules that this would be very helpful to more than just myself. This isn't an attack on a mod or a chance in what they moderate for content, just a request that you help us help you in preventing the offenses before they occur.

Thanks again

The 2019 NASCAR season is off to a pretty bad go at it if this thread is the dominating topic of the front page.

Lack of an engaging product.

No new news of a track wanting on the 2021 schedule, no new rumors of teams closong or expanding to Cup, no silly season news so far, etc.

He brought no value to this forum. His only purpose was to annoy Standonit and others whom he had an agenda against. He said the same repetitive nonsense in every thread, regardless of the topic, with the sole intention of poking the bear.

Very well summarized and accurate. I also had some friendly interactions with him in his original Skoal incarnation. However, he trolled back then as well and took his trolling too far on multiple occasions, enough to land under moderator supervision. While certain individual posts can be over-moderated here IMO, perpetual trolling itself has been very hesitantly addressed or recognized at all.

This isn't difficult. He became an incessant troll and was the primary instigator of the unrest, not the victim. It is important to remember that he was not banned as Skoal. He requested his account be deleted and then came back under a new name to escape his reputation. Then did it again! I've been on more than a few message boards in my time, and the kid gloves he was treated with given these actions were frankly staggering. Finally the correct and obvious decision was made under the new moderation team. Kudos to them. The atmosphere is improved.

It is disappointing to read the false equivalences of the troll and those who challenged the troll. Are the individuals who were his primary targets / adversaries perfect? Hardly, none of us are. But don't confuse racing fans with differing opinions disagreeing in good faith vs. a ****-stirrer whose primary goal is to provoke discontent. Large forums can survive such presences. Small communities rarely can, as the negative effect is too great, and not balanced by passive individual 'ignoring'.

If you "didn't have a problem with him" personally, I guess consider yourself fortunate. He claimed to "respect" me until the very end. I recognized that he was smart and crafty, and wished he had something useful to contribute to racing discussion.

I actually didn't mind him as Skoal and often agreed with him. At first I didn't realize he came in under a different name. When I found out he was back under a different name and he was dishonest about it, I put him on ignore.
I didn't participate in any negativity with him prior to that.

I dont recall having issues with he personally while he was using the Skoal name, we interacted very little with each other and for the most part, I didnt agree with him most of the times and I could see him trolling people so I just chose to ignore most of his post's.

While I love this place and the people on it and have spent way too much time here since finding it about 5 years ago, I do think things are a little too...fragile, at times. The "offensive" things that I've seen here are merely child's play compared to some of the other message board I've seen or been a part of for other sports/hobbies. We're (mostly) all adults - I think - so imo it wouldn't hurt to let things venture into R rated territory here and there. It doesn't always have to be so kumbayah. Life certainly is not so it's a little unrealistic to expect that to the degree that it seems to be expected. Just my two cents.

Nailed it.

After reading the last page, is Skoal/IForgotHisSecondName/IanMcVittie gone adios?

"Attacked" him with what? A gun? A knife? A stick? Simply addressing his daily nonsense is not an "attack".
First, I believe fundamental dishonesty is an attack on the entire R-F community. This forum is not the Twitter-sphere or Facebook, where everything is just an endless collection of drive-by shootings. RF is a tiny corner of the internet where community members return often and spend time interacting with on-line friends, acquaintances, and occasional foes. Showing up here with a 2nd and then a 3rd user name, and each time with a false newbie background story, is a blatant attempt to escape being accountable for ones behavior and interactions. It amounts to shouting "F*** you" at the collective community, I believe.

Second, when I first came here ~5 years ago, I was appalled at the way Skoal followed around one member in particular (SOI), trolling him relentlessly by twisting and misquoting and mocking his words on a daily basis. Completely uncalled for. I asked him why he acted that way but he would never answer. I got my share of abuse (was ridiculed in three separate threads for a casual mention that I'm a Christian!) but I got off easy compared to SOI.

Third, as the user name changed a few times, the guy became strictly one-note... abject ridicule of anyone who cares deeply about racing in general, NASCAR in particular. We are a special interest forum, comprised of people who are interested in racing. Sorry, but subtle and non-subtle insults of racing fans in general...just because they are fans of racing... well, that is inappropriate in a community such as this. Do YOU like being told that you are simple minded and "easily entertained" just by virtue of the fact that you watch NASCAR races? Do YOU like being called "NASCAR Apologist" if you liked low downforce racing last year, or if you like the 2019 rules this year? Do YOU need the gory details of 2018 ratings declines (in the year after Dale Jr. retired) repeated every day in many different threads... including the thread about Samantha Busch's miscarriage?

R-F is a better community without the constant trolling and insulting. No topic good or bad is off limits, IMO, but endless repetition is just trying to rub everyone's nose in it... and that ain't cool. Just my $0.02.

Back
Top Bottom