Heavy Handed Mod or did Nascar buy this message board? POLE

Heavy Handed Mod or did Nascar buy this message board?

• Just a Heavy Handed Mod

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Nascar bought this message board

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
We have a member that does that job daily

I'd say go look at what happened when I took a thread off topic but I can't. all the posts off topic of the original post were deleted..

something something...what are the rules, equal enforcement, something, something

I'd say go look at what happened when I took a thread off topic but I can't. all the posts off topic of the original post were deleted..

something something...what are the rules, equal enforcement, something, something

Threads go awry, it just happens .... adults can deal with that sort of thing

iu

Never said it was childish, I just don't think its the end of the world or that it requires immediate attention from the mods :idunno:

The crap that goes on around here with the new Ghost Mod program transcends the objective of keeping this forum in order and moves in the the realm of a need for power and control. The threads say exactly what the Mod chooses for them to say, and if you deviate, you get the "Not putting up with this Revman" Alert in your Inbox. While it is perfectly acceptable to troll the hell out of any Coach theme and get away with it, a simple Cricket reference to Coach's election into the HOF gets a delete. I don't have the data to prove it, but I am pretty sure that I post less than I once did. If that is the Ghost Mod goal, you win. Enjoy your complimentary Happy Meal.

The crap that goes on around here with the new Ghost Mod program transcends the objective of keeping this forum in order and moves in the the realm of a need for power and control. The threads say exactly what the Mod chooses for them to say, and if you deviate, you get the "Not putting up with this Revman" Alert in your Inbox. While it is perfectly acceptable to troll the hell out of any Coach theme and get away with it, a simple Cricket reference to Coach's election into the HOF gets a delete. I don't have the data to prove it, but I am pretty sure that I post less than I once did. If that is the Ghost Mod goal, you win. Enjoy your complimentary Happy Meal.
Coach in the HOF is a legitimate topic, but you weren't talking about him. Your post said, "Haters = Crickets". That has nothing to do with his entry into the HOF. I suspect it was viewed as an attempt to goad his critics into an argument: "Hey, haters, why aren't you saying anything?"

From the HOF discussion:
Coach in the HOF is on topic to the thread. My cricket reference was a statement of fact that pales in comparison to the endless comments about Coach that are left unmoderated. I hate the troll term, but I will play.....It's like the chicken and the egg....Is it trolling if its in defense of the original troll post(s)? I don't know, and probably don't care. The terms of use need to be changed to reflect the bias that exists IMO.
Here's the difference. Unmoderated comments about Gibbs are unmoderated because they're comments directly about Gibbs. Your 'Haters = crickets' post wasn't about Gibbs, it was about other members who don't like him. (And it's an assumption about who isn't commenting, not a fact.) That's why it's off topic.

Last edited:
Coach in the HOF is a legitimate topic, but you weren't talking about him. Your post said, "Haters = Crickets". That has nothing to do with his entry into the HOF. I suspect it was viewed as an attempt to goad his critics into an argument: "Hey, haters, why aren't you saying anything?"

That's a legitimate question given that everything Coach does is attacked around here. Don't you think? I have found the same cricket sounds after an 18 win BTW. This is all about letting the Happy Meal bunch have their fun, but never hold them accountable for the millions of posts we have to wade through with derogatory references to JGR, Coach, etc. I truly wonder how the haters process this recognition from NASCAR Nation. Perhaps, I needed to be more sensitive to the Haters....errr Dislikers...in inquiring.

Here's the difference. Unmoderated comments about Gibbs are comments about Gibbs. Your 'Haters = crickets' post wasn't about Gibbs, it was about other members. That's why it's off topic.

So, unmoderated comments such as "Preacher," liar, cheater, etc. are intended to be heard by who? Is that stuff not directed at those who feel differently, or some sort of a bonding experience for the Happy Meal crew not intended for the differently minded? If that is the case, would it not be more appropriate as a DM, or perhaps in at cesspool AKA "The Podium"? Coach's election in the HOF and a comment relative to those who may dislike the man is both on topic, and appropriate when leveraged against the crap that is commonplace around here. We are done here. You don't need to spend the time trying to convince me of anything, really....you would be taking away the Ghost Mod's need to do so. Let him work. Enjoy the race this weekend!

That's a legitimate question given that everything Coach does is attacked around here.
No, it's trolling. Did you think your post was going to get people who dislike Gibbs to rush to sing his praises?

Gibbs is a public figure open to attack. Geez, it's not like he's the only whipping boy around here but you don't defend anyone outside JGR. Regardless of your narrow focus, It's possible to defend Gibbs without calling people names.

I have nothing again Gibbs or KyBu but I don't comment on the #18 wins either. I rarely comment on any driver's individual wins, but my silence doesn't mean I dislike any of them. In most cases, people don't post because they just don't shive a git.

So, unmoderated comments such as "Preacher," liar, cheater, etc. are intended to be heard by who? Is that stuff not directed at those who feel differently, or some sort of a bonding experience for the Happy Meal crew not intended for the differently minded? If that is the case, would it not be more appropriate as a DM, or perhaps in at cesspool AKA "The Podium"? Coach's election in the HOF and a comment relative to those who may dislike the man is both on topic, and appropriate when leveraged against the crap that is commonplace around here. We are done here. You don't need to spend the time trying to convince me of anything, really....you would be taking away the Ghost Mod's need to do so. Let him work. Enjoy the race this weekend!
I can't tell you who they're intended to be heard by but they're about Gibbs, not other members. If people choose to assume a comment is directed at them or get their feelings hurt, that's their choice. For crying out loud, it's sports. Does anyone's opinion of him change your life in any way? Why do you care what a bunch of yahoos on the web think? Do you know anyone involved in any way?

I see no difference between your calling him 'Coach' and someone else calling him 'Preacher'. He led the prayer for the All-Star race, so I'd say he's done preaching a lot more recently than coaching.

That's a legitimate question given that everything Coach does is attacked around here. Don't you think? I have found the same cricket sounds after an 18 win BTW. This is all about letting the Happy Meal bunch have their fun, but never hold them accountable for the millions of posts we have to wade through with derogatory references to JGR, Coach, etc. I truly wonder how the haters process this recognition from NASCAR Nation. Perhaps, I needed to be more sensitive to the Haters....errr Dislikers...in inquiring.
Everybody on this board can call any driver, owner or anyone that's not a member pretty much anything they want. But calling members names, haters, the happy meal kids etc is against the TOS and you know it. Back when I enjoyed the back and forth with you we both got slapped on the wrist a few times for going a little too far. I just laughed about it and went about my business. Except for 2 or 3 members on here everybody else takes the trash talking about their driver, manufacturer, team, owner etc for what it is. Harmless banter. Just my thoughts on the deal.

RM, it's about prematurely unloading your emotional attachment to Joe onto others by lashing out at critics during this congratulatory phase.

Many NASCAR fans who are not fans of someone who enters the HOF might extend congratulations out of respect to the individual as well as the institution.

You went small, instead of tall.

You should strive to be the complete Happy Meal. :D

I was thinking that "poacher" would be a more accurate description.

Thank you, that's great! a little slap on our butts to get back on track and quit being stupid. Exactly what I am hoping for in the future!
At the risk of staying off track in a thread that isn't about racing in the first place, I enjoy the occasional little slap on the butt.

I personally like Coach Gibbs, and will gladly acknowledge Kyle's driving ability. He's a fantastic driver, can't deny that. And Coach Gibbs is in a league if his own having won two Super Bowls and a couple of Cup titles. And yes, in my opinion is HoF worthy. But, I'll be very honest with you, you take thus stuff far to personal. My dislike of Kyle running the lower series is directed at him. His fans get too worked up when the absurdity of what he's doing in the lower series is pointed out. It's a difference of opinions, not mortal combat. Enjoy your race weekend. Maybe your guy will win.

Thank you, that's great! a little slap on our butts to get back on track and quit being stupid. Exactly what I am hoping for in the future!

I agree.

My two cents on all of this.....I think that the TOS line is danced around all the time around here. Honestly, it's part of the fun, and I do believe that there is a place for a visible Mod to bring everybody back into line. However, when the content is not agreeable to some posters, then the cries of trolling start, and the TOS stuff is thrown around. To suggest that the angst of some posts doesn't have anything to do with content, but with TOS is silly. Many here don't like my driver or my manufacturer. I am 100% good with that. As has been suggested, I guess members can say what they want about said driver inclusive of disgusting comments about the way his wife looks, etc. A car owner can have his integrity called into question I guess. Yeah, you can say whatever you want, but who are you speaking to? Well, when you post in an open forum, you are speaking to everybody, and your comments are open to rebuttal inclusive of passionate banter. As was pointed out in my post regarding Coach's HOF election....Who was I posting too? Yeah, those that have said things completely without merit about him. Damn right, I was posting to them. I am genuinely curious to know if you can post crap like I have read about Coach, and at the same time at least have some respect for what he has given to the sport. Kind of puts the relentless stuff we read around here into proper perspective, right? He is a horrible person, yet the NASCAR community celebrates him as one of the all time greats? ....and this is trolling? Naw, it's a legit question. I don't give a damn if members believe this or not, but I have never come here to make somebody's life miserable--that would be trolling. I do come here to celebrate this awesome sport, and support MY manufacturer and driver. I do not get nearly as worked up as some believe. It's all about the way I approach the sport which is disagreeable to some. So be it, but spare me the TOS violation stuff as a means of limiting my participation when we all know that if my posts were more supportive of a predominate narrative, we wouldn't be having this conversation in the first place.

May God bless our fallen heroes who have defended our freedom to be here in the first place this weekend, and enjoy the race. I believe that Kyle Busch has a very sporty TRD powered Camry, and WE have a great shot at being in Victory Lane Sunday night celebrating with his extremely intelligent and kind wife and beautiful child.

My two cents on all of this.....I think that the TOS line is danced around all the time around here. Honestly, it's part of the fun, and I do believe that there is a place for a visible Mod to bring everybody back into line. However, when the content is not agreeable to some posters, then the cries of trolling start, and the TOS stuff is thrown around. To suggest that the angst of some posts doesn't have anything to do with content, but with TOS is silly. Many here don't like my driver or my manufacturer. I am 100% good with that. As has been suggested, I guess members can say what they want about said driver inclusive of disgusting comments about the way his wife looks, etc. A car owner can have his integrity called into question I guess. Yeah, you can say whatever you want, but who are you speaking to? Well, when you post in an open forum, you are speaking to everybody, and your comments are open to rebuttal inclusive of passionate banter. As was pointed out in my post regarding Coach's HOF election....Who was I posting too? Yeah, those that have said things completely without merit about him. Damn right, I was posting to them. I am genuinely curious to know if you can post crap like I have read about Coach, and at the same time at least have some respect for what he has given to the sport. Kind of puts the relentless stuff we read around here into proper perspective, right? He is a horrible person, yet the NASCAR community celebrates him as one of the all time greats? ....and this is trolling? Naw, it's a legit question. I don't give a damn if members believe this or not, but I have never come here to make somebody's life miserable--that would be trolling. I do come here to celebrate this awesome sport, and support MY manufacturer and driver. I do not get nearly as worked up as some believe. It's all about the way I approach the sport which is disagreeable to some. So be it, but spare me the TOS violation stuff as a means of limiting my participation when we all know that if my posts were more supportive of a predominate narrative, we wouldn't be having this conversation in the first place.

May God bless our fallen heroes who have defended our freedom to be here in the first place this weekend, and enjoy the race. I believe that Kyle Busch has a very sporty TRD powered Camry, and WE have a great shot at being in Victory Lane Sunday night celebrating with his extremely intelligent and kind wife and beautiful child.

I can't stand KDB but your points are valid and spot on!

There has been plenty of criticism of many car owners over the years. One is Rick Hendrick who is also a hall of famer. Gibbs isn't special and should be treated with kid gloves. He like all of the others are public figures.

I disagree and it's my opinion that I can give my opinion about any driver, team, owner or anybody associated with them that's not an established member of this board. When I give an opinion about the drivers etc It's not directed at anybody on this board it's just my opinion. I've had many interactions with the aforementioned drivers, owners etc, mostly good, some bad and some terrible that help form my opinions. If my opinion is that a certain driver is a scumbag or a saint it's just my observation and not directed at any member. It's been my experience that this is the way the large majority of this board feels. Attacking other members for how they perceive drivers etc to be isn't and should not be allowed.

Bottom Line: this place needs mods. They do their job. I don't like it sometimes, because sometimes I cause trouble or make inartful comments. :D

It chaps my ass, and I go away to tend to real problems -- then meander back eventually, just like everyone else.

This place pulls people in, but not necessarily together. People seem to love to hate diversity of thought -- because when you come in here, you know something/somebody is going to stimulate a response (positive or negative) from yourself and others.

Last edited:
My two cents on all of this......
As I recall, what started this round was a post you made in the 2020 HOF discussion about not people who dislike Joe Gibbs not posting anything on his HOF admission. That post was deleted and I suggested it was because it appeared to be trolling.

Here we are, over 48 hours later and as far as I can tell, you haven't yet posted to congratulate Gibbs yourself, only commenting on those who dislilke him, pre-emptively defending him against an attack that in this case hasn't even come yet, an attack your post basically invited. That's another point that gives your original post the appearance of trolling - your first post wasn't to congratulate the man on his accomplishment, it was directed to others who hadn't posted at all.

EDIT: please note that this post is not about you, it's about your posts.

Last edited:
You know better than that.
I love everyone and everything.

Edit: but in a reality everyone knows there are a few posters who are untouchable and play by a different set of rules. They are the ones constantly praising mods and telling others to leave if they don't like it. I can't comment on any current moderators as I rarely posts on the main forum any longer.

You constantly try to goad others into joining a pissing match and then play the victim card. Your schtick is old. If the new mod is stopping that, I might have to post here more.

Back
Top Bottom