Heavy Handed Mod or did Nascar buy this message board? POLE

Heavy Handed Mod or did Nascar buy this message board?

• Just a Heavy Handed Mod

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Nascar bought this message board

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
Very well summarized and accurate. I also had some friendly interactions with him in his original Skoal incarnation. However, he trolled back then as well and took his trolling too far on multiple occasions, enough to land under moderator supervision. While certain individual posts can be over-moderated here IMO, perpetual trolling itself has been very hesitantly addressed or recognized at all.

This isn't difficult. He became an incessant troll and was the primary instigator of the unrest, not the victim. It is important to remember that he was not banned as Skoal. He requested his account be deleted and then came back under a new name to escape his reputation. Then did it again! I've been on more than a few message boards in my time, and the kid gloves he was treated with given these actions were frankly staggering. Finally the correct and obvious decision was made under the new moderation team. Kudos to them. The atmosphere is improved.

It is disappointing to read the false equivalences of the troll and those who challenged the troll. Are the individuals who were his primary targets / adversaries perfect? Hardly, none of us are. But don't confuse racing fans with differing opinions disagreeing in good faith vs. a sh!t-stirrer whose primary goal is to provoke discontent. Large forums can survive such presences. Small communities rarely can, as the negative effect is too great, and not balanced by passive individual 'ignoring'.

If you "didn't have a problem with him" personally, I guess consider yourself fortunate. He claimed to "respect" me until the very end. I recognized that he was smart and crafty, and wished he had something useful to contribute to racing discussion.
Well said, @gnomesayin. Excellent summary of both sides of the story.

Very well summarized and accurate. I also had some friendly interactions with him in his original Skoal incarnation. However, he trolled back then as well and took his trolling too far on multiple occasions, enough to land under moderator supervision. While certain individual posts can be over-moderated here IMO, perpetual trolling itself has been very hesitantly addressed or recognized at all.

This isn't difficult. He became an incessant troll and was the primary instigator of the unrest, not the victim. It is important to remember that he was not banned as Skoal. He requested his account be deleted and then came back under a new name to escape his reputation. Then did it again! I've been on more than a few message boards in my time, and the kid gloves he was treated with given these actions were frankly staggering. Finally the correct and obvious decision was made under the new moderation team. Kudos to them. The atmosphere is improved.

It is disappointing to read the false equivalences of the troll and those who challenged the troll. Are the individuals who were his primary targets / adversaries perfect? Hardly, none of us are. But don't confuse racing fans with differing opinions disagreeing in good faith vs. a sh!t-stirrer whose primary goal is to provoke discontent. Large forums can survive such presences. Small communities rarely can, as the negative effect is too great, and not balanced by passive individual 'ignoring'.

If you "didn't have a problem with him" personally, I guess consider yourself fortunate. He claimed to "respect" me until the very end. I recognized that he was smart and crafty, and wished he had something useful to contribute to racing discussion.
And yet you took every opportunity to call him out. You just couldn't pass up the chance to show just how superior you think you are and so you just had to respond.
The worse part of any interactions with him was yourself and SOI who just had to respond to his posts.
Like I said that was his entertainment, to say nothing and yet he made ya jump on the chance to respond. So who are you going to go after now??

And yet you took every opportunity to call him out. You just couldn't pass up the chance to show just how superior you think you are and so you just had to respond.
The worse part of any interactions with him was yourself and SOI who just had to respond to his posts.
Like I said that was his entertainment, to say nothing and yet he made ya jump on the chance to respond. So who are you going to go after now??

Gnome is superior? Nah. Level headed? Yep. Bully? Nope. "Attacks" people? Nope. Responds to the idiocy of a troll? Yes. Here's my take on the former troll Ianpunkskoalwhatever. If a guy wants to attend a party, and he brings two cymbals, and he wants to bang them together constantly, the rest of the party goers can ignore him and take the very passive approach of " well if we just act like he doesn't exist he'll eventually stop, or confront him for his stupidity. Ianatomicbandit was shown the door because he couldn't figure out when to put the cymbals down. Good riddance.

Gnome is superior? Nah. Level headed? Yep. Bully? Nope. "Attacks" people? Nope. Responds to the idiocy of a troll? Yes. Here's my take on the former troll Ianpunkskoalwhatever. If a guy wants to attend a party, and he brings two cymbals, and he wants to bang them together constantly, the rest of the party goers can ignore him and take the very passive approach of " well if we just act like he doesn't exist he'll eventually stop, or confront him for his stupidity. Ianatomicbandit was shown the door because he couldn't figure out when to put the cymbals down. Good riddance.
It is a little hard to ignore symbols banging in your ear but NOT to difficult to put someone on ignore or just scroll by posts. I believe a couple of guys here just couldn't bring themselves to
"Not Respond" Pretty week in the self control department is my take on matters.

It is a little hard to ignore symbols banging in your ear but NOT to difficult to put someone on ignore or just scroll by posts. I believe a couple of guys here just couldn't bring themselves to

What's weak is a guy returning twice with new user names with the sole intent of stirring up trouble. He targeted SOI constantly. He was very jealous of SOI because he lacked the overall knowledge of racing that SOI posseses. Ianpunk is the child screaming for attention, then has no idea why anyone could possibly be upset with him. He wasn't remotely mistreated by anyone. He started arguments he wasn't equipped to win. He succeeded in annoying people, that was his purpose all along. As I've said, good riddance.

Baby smoking.gif

I have the right to remain silent.... I just dont have the ability.

Like I said that was his entertainment, to say nothing and yet he made ya jump on the chance to respond.

I called him out for lying about his identity and attempted to give him an easy way to admit it. Otherwise I debated his points and refuted his conclusions. He claimed to enjoy the discussion. It is a discussion forum, not an ignoring contest.

As Skoal, I agreed with him a few times. It almost never got heated, so you're barking up the wrong tree. If the attention was his entertainment, why you would have wanted that taken from him?

You were his friend and that's fine. Seeing the faults in people we like can be difficult.

1st amendment protects your speech from being censored by the government, not peer to peer or on an online forum.
I wasnt talking about censorship. I was talking about responding to something I didnt agree with. If you want to take the word "Right" and go all Constitutional , have at it.

Or the @StandOnIt love fest? I have always been of the belief that he can take care of himself.
yes he's one of the higher IQ members of the board, I like posting with him and felt he did an okay job of holding his own around these parts.

So, um, R.I.P IanMcVittie. Pay your respects here in this thread.

I'm convinced after reading this thread that yeah, Nascar bought this board and are modding it. They had to find something to do for the guys spotting uncontrolled tires between races.

Reactions: sdj
I asked my step half sister the same thang, she said don't bother her she's readin.

I aksed my half sister the same thing, we wound up on a date. We for reel lives in Alabama. She's a keeeper, she still has 18 of her teefs, that's over half I think.

Thread has devolved nicely.

Maybe someone will moderate it. Warn people to stay on topic. Stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom