Hendrick Motorsport News

I think they are running pretty close to legal. They turned it up last night. Harv had a winning car.
I just wonder if they had a little extra motivation to do so since Tony has been critical of NASCAR. Even Kenny Wallace joked about that with Tony in one of his videos.

Either way I imagine a lot of “tricks” are always saved for the playoffs regardless.

Same as he has now
Maybe true it is all speculation. I do think HMS is more used to and has the expections to win more championships due to a long history sucess with at least five different drivers. Maybe the culture would have been better.

All just speculation on my part it wouldn't be the first or last time that I was full of sheet.

• Haha
Reactions: sdj
I will be checking this space all week to get updates on Chasey and Kylies' spat...and subsequent Jeffy and Chadly intervention.....Don't let me down @StandOnIt ...I appreciate that you waste your time on that medium so that I don't have to waste my time. I hope the boys will be okay. Maybe Jeffy should give them a new set of louvers for an early Christmas present.

In all honesty, I am starting to really believe that there is some **** between those two. I like it.

I will be checking this space all week to get updates on Chasey and Kylies' spat...and subsequent Jeffy and Chadly intervention.....Don't let me down @StandOnIt ...I appreciate that you waste your time on that medium so that I don't have to waste my time. I hope the boys will be okay. Maybe Jeffy should give them a new set of louvers for an early Christmas present.

In all honesty, I am starting to really believe that there is some **** between those two. I like it.
Clown boy never disappoints...Hendrick and team living rent free in all that empty space upstairs...

Points leader, that's all you need to know. On to Bristol.

Clown boy never disappoints...Hendrick and team living rent free in all that empty space upstairs...
His own guy, the regular season champ is about to have a HUGE choke job but he’s worried about Jeffy, Chadley, Kylie and Chasey. I’d be more concerned about two Yoters flaming out in round 1
IMG_7292.png

And yet here you are wasting your time. :D

Maybe Jeffy should give them a new set of louvers for an early Christmas present.

In all honesty, I am starting to really believe that there is
@Revman. At least the Chevys can send gifts.
I doubt the Yoders can spare enough tape to wrap any honestly

Also I do agree that these guys seem to have some beef possibly. I wonder if Chase feels Kyle kind of came in and took the spotlight coming over after Chase won the championship.

A for effort. I will take the high road and give you the "Like" so desperately need. So bad that not even @StandOnIt hit the "Like" button. I have to do everything around here.

Also I do agree that these guys seem to have some beef possibly. I wonder if Chase feels Kyle kind of came in and took the spotlight coming over after Chase won the championship.
I think people overestimate how much Chase carries over things that happen on Sundays. He's also made it pretty clear that he couldn't care less about the spotlight. These two have had some run-ins, and each one resulted negativity for Chase. No different than his run-ins with Hamlin, Harvick, Busch, etc., he's shown his displeasure with them much like any other competitor would and SHOULD do.

People want to criticize that or the way he goes about it, they're not the professional athlete being paid to perform at a high level every week. They're sitting on their couch having never experienced the pressure or environment that is that level of competition. The guy is the furthest thing from a villain personality type but damn if every single thing he does isn't vilified to hell and back.

I think people overestimate how much Chase carries over things that happen on Sundays. He's also made it pretty clear that he couldn't care less about the spotlight. These two have had some run-ins, and each one resulted negativity for Chase. No different than his run-ins with Hamlin, Harvick, Busch, etc., he's shown his displeasure with them much like any other competitor would and SHOULD do.

People want to criticize that or the way he goes about it, they're not the professional athlete being paid to perform at a high level every week. They're sitting on their couch having never experienced the pressure or environment that is that level of competition. The guy is the furthest thing from a villain personality type but damn if every single thing he does isn't vilified to hell and back.
There are some fans on here that has experienced many years of pressure in motorsports and at that level of competition. One little mistake building or rebuilding the cylinder heads on a 11,000 hp nitro car can cause an explosion at over 330 mp that could result in the death of a driver in a heartbeat. I'm also pretty sure that Spotter22 has had his fill of the pressure in racing that comes from having to make split-second decisions that could cause a catastrophic accident if he made the wrong call. No matter how much pressure is on a NASCAR driver, I bet it isn't even close to the pressure an air traffic controller or pilot experiences.

There are some fans on here that has experienced many years of pressure in motorsports and at that level of competition. One little mistake building or rebuilding the cylinder heads on a 11,000 hp nitro car can cause an explosion at over 330 mp that could result in the death of a driver in a heartbeat. I'm also pretty sure that Spotter22 has had his fill of the pressure in racing that comes from having to make split-second decisions that could cause a catastrophic accident if he made the wrong call. No matter how much pressure is on a NASCAR driver, I bet it isn't even close to the pressure an air traffic controller or pilot experiences.
When you're the actual elite level athlete out there on the playing field and you feel as though you're wronged in the heat of competition with adrenaline flowing and a split decision needs to be made, it's entirely normal to "get even" to whatever degree you feel you need to. This happens in every sport all over the world, to way larger degrees than what we've seen out of Chase Elliott. That was more my point. And nobody on here qualifies in that regard.

Right or wrong in the moment, these guys make decisions to stand up for themselves and their hard work and to deal with the repercussions later. Kenseth and Logano is probably the greatest example of that in recent memory.

When you're the actual elite level athlete out there on the playing field and you feel as though you're wronged in the heat of competition with adrenaline flowing and a split decision needs to be made, it's entirely normal to "get even" to whatever degree you feel you need to. This happens in every sport all over the world, to way larger degrees than what we've seen out of Chase Elliott. That was more my point. And nobody on here qualifies in that regard.

Right or wrong in the moment, these guys make decisions to stand up for themselves and their hard work and to deal with the repercussions later. Kenseth and Logano is probably the greatest example of that in recent memory.
I hope all of the HMS drivers stay calm for the rest of the playoffs, and I hope either the 5 or 24 team can secure the championship. I would love to see Elliott and Bowman both get a win before the end of the season. Hopefully next year will be a better year for both of them, because this year has really sucked for them and their fans.

I'm sure Chase refusing to take the bait and say something inflammatory will just piss the haters off that much more.
The gaslighting he's doing is hilarious, the way he's not taking the bait.

The look on his face is "huh, what are you talking about?"

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The gaslighting he's doing is hilarious, the way he's not taking the bait.

The look on his face is "huh, what are you talking about?"

The question wasn't bait. A reporter simply did their job and asked him about something that clearly happened on the track. I think Elliott was smart to minimize it but it was still a fair question.

The question wasn't bait. A reporter simply did their job and asked him about something that clearly happened on the track. I think Elliott was smart to minimize it but it was still a fair question.
I loved the slack jawed look with the shades. Elliott hates the press lol. He hid out when he was hurt. Some guys can't handle all of the attention, they just want to show up and race and they have all these klingons everywhere.

I'll agree, bait probably wasn't the right word, hell, I would have asked the same thing. Chase did the right thing though by not going all Harvick or KB at the question.

I loved the slack jawed look with the shades. Elliott hates the press lol. He hid out when he was hurt. Some guys can't handle all of the attention, they just want to show up and race and they have all these klingons everywhere.
I don't think it's a matter of can't handle, he just doesn't WANT to. His dad did it a little differently, but was very much the same way. Uncle Ernie would only talk when he couldn't get out of it. It's an Elliott thing.

I got to go with Danielle she has some important points.

She's definitely right about one thing, I don't think Chase has much use for Kyle, and right or wrong, I get that. I'm not happy with a couple of the choices Chase has made this year, but I DO think sometimes you have to send the message that you refuse to just be a pushover, even if it happens to be a teammate. I'm sure Chase saw the move as, "my teammate just used me up for the THIRD time, I can't let that stand". It doesn't mean he should have done it, but I understand the the sentiment, and Jeff Gordon should too, because he had his own rough patch with JJ.

I don't think it's a matter of can't handle, he just doesn't WANT to. His dad did it a little differently, but was very much the same way. Uncle Ernie would only talk when he couldn't get out of it. It's an Elliott thing.
I was thinking the same thing. I think that shyness or soft spoken nature appealed to fans especially in Bills case and I think Chase is very much the same.

She's definitely right about one thing, I don't think Chase has much use for Kyle, and right or wrong, I get that. I'm not happy with a couple of the choices Chase has made this year, but I DO think sometimes you have to send the message that you refuse to just be a pushover, even if it happens to be a teammate. I'm sure Chase saw the move as, "my teammate just used me up for the THIRD time, I can't let that stand". It doesn't mean he should have done it, but I understand the the sentiment, and Jeff Gordon should too, because he had his own rough patch with JJ.
Kyle didn't use him up though. It was either slam on the brakes and hope you don't clobber the 6 and yield 4 spots, or quickly react and try to dodge the 6.

Larson sounded exhausted after Elliott doored him. "Tell Chase..."

I agree. Chase doesn't like Larson. Whatever issue exists between the two of them is on him to move on from. Larson moved on from the Hamlin situation, who is a friend. Chase should be able to do the same.

But for whatever reason, he is choosing not to.

He's just been pretty self destructive at times. And it sucks.

Larson/Elliott is an all time great power duo, and history may show them as the best 1-2 ever outside of JJ/Gordon.

Just get along!

Kyle didn't use him up though. It was either slam on the brakes and hope you don't clobber the 6 and yield 4 spots, or quickly react and try to dodge the 6.

Larson sounded exhausted after Elliott doored him. "Tell Chase..."

I agree. Chase doesn't like Larson. Whatever issue exists between the two of them is on him to move on from. Larson moved on from the Hamlin situation, who is a friend. Chase should be able to do the same.

But for whatever reason, he is choosing not to.

He's just been pretty self destructive at times. And it sucks.

Larson/Elliott is an all time great power duo, and history may show them as the best 1-2 ever outside of JJ/Gordon.

Just get along!

I agree that Kyle didn't use him up, but CHASE didn't know that. He was making a split second decision to react to what HE was seeing. There is no disputing Chase was wrong about it, but he didn't know it, and given the history, it wasn't a very big leap to "Oh hell, here we go again!"
I would Love Chase and Kyle to be best of friends and both retire from HMS, but LOTS of teammates didn't get along and still excelled. For instance, I don't think Jeff and Jimmie's relationship could get back to what it once was until one or both retired. It's HARD to be friends when somebody is taking a piece of your pie, and he's under your roof to boot. Look at MJ and Scottie. SHOULD be best friends and old comrades in arms. Can't STAND each other.

Back
Top Bottom