How will NASCAR enforce this?

Watching radioactive it’s interesting to hear spotters saying Harvick was a running a line no one else could. Vegas is such a fast, sweeping track it’s hard to believe he could hook that bottom that well.

I’ll tell you this is one thing I’d watch out for in today’s low downforce rules, cheating cars can gain a very significant advantage on the field. The 4 had a completely unbeatable car due to the fact his mechanical grip was thru the roof

I am coming around to that line of thought too. I think with the current package, VERY SMALL liberties taken with the aerodynamics could pay BIG dividends. That's why I think that window brace breaking accidentally is just too much of a coincidence. As I said a few minutes ago in a different thread, I don't know what was going on with those side skirts, but you don't go against the rules and build your own when you can buy the correct part unless you think you can get an advantage.

I am coming around to that line of thought too. I think with the current package, VERY SMALL liberties taken with the aerodynamics could pay BIG dividends. That's why I think that window brace breaking accidentally is just too much of a coincidence. As I said a few minutes ago in a different thread, I don't know what was going on with those side skirts, but you don't go against the rules and build your own when you can buy the correct part unless you think you can get an advantage.

Aluminum weighs nothing compared to steel, not to mention the strength difference, it all adds up.

Guys, guys, guys.

Kevin Harvick probably isn't upset like some of you are.

Phoenix is coming up next weekend, and whether he wins that one or not, he is in the playoffs and looking rather brilliant at the moment.

Not to mention he still has the Vegas "win".

#4 fans, take a chill pill.

Let’s just let it go. Harvick is the driver and was probably not in the loop with whatever happened. He drove the car and won the race regardless of the legal state of the car. No one cares if there was a steel part substituted for an aluminum one. There is no advantage to that. Likewise, a part broke on the window support. Maybe it was setup to fail, maybe not. No one cares except the rule book and toyota. Harvick owns Phoenix, so it’s all water under the bridge. Thanks for playing.
What? huh? why would Toyota care?, what are you on about ?

i knew toyota would be mentioned soon lol... BOY OL BOY, if this would have happened to kyle busch or someone driving toyota yall would be SCREAMING KICK ALL TOYOTA DRIVERS OUT AND TOYOTA OUT OF NASCAR!! but i since its ford GOOD OL AMERICAN BRAND its not as bad, yall really dont know how bad that looks just saying.

#4 did'n flunk pre race or post inspection nothing was said right after the race or sunday night so that tells me the car passed and nascar is making up a bunch of bs to get in the headlines.
The inspection at the track may be only one part of post-race inspection. For some cars, it also includes additional inspection by NASCAR back in Charlotte over the next couple of days. If I recall, 'some cars' include the race winner, a number of others selected at random, and occasionally anyone who's screwed up too often recently and has gotten on NASCAR's $hIt list.

We need to step our game up RF - Reddit is coming hard with the puns.

upload_2018-3-8_7-38-59.png

i dont understand why people go all crazy over these stories anyway.. NASCAR will never just take everything away from the team and give it to the next person the finished second! I think the 4 team shouldnt get SH*t! and give the WIN to the next person up! thats the only way these teams will not cheat and get there SH*T together! the 4 team is at home laughing now enjoying everything that comes with a win and harvick prob took care of the crew chiefs fine with the winnings from the race.. all this is a joke and like i said u never know who really is a good damn driver or who has a damn cheated up car.. i love the sounds of nascar and watching these cars go fast but i learned fast when i started watching this sport. its not about the damn driver its about who has the best car or the best cheated up car.. anybody in the field could have took HARVICKS car sunday and won with it thats how much better it was .. NASCAR needs to put there foot down and get a hold of this.. in this day of age with social media and the good camera phones all this bull needs to stop.. so last sunday race didnt even mean anything to me now.. it was a cheated up car that no one had a damn chance to even beat... its just ridiculous, they dont deserve anything.

i dont understand why people go all crazy over these stories anyway.. NASCAR will never just take everything away from the team and give it to the next person the finished second! I think the 4 team shouldnt get SH*t! and give the WIN to the next person up! thats the only way these teams will not cheat and get there SH*T together! the 4 team is at home laughing now enjoying everything that comes with a win and harvick prob took care of the crew chiefs fine with the winnings from the race.. all this is a joke and like i said u never know who really is a good damn driver or who has a damn cheated up car.. i love the sounds of nascar and watching these cars go fast but i learned fast when i started watching this sport. its not about the damn driver its about who has the best car or the best cheated up car.. anybody in the field could have took HARVICKS car sunday and won with it thats how much better it was .. NASCAR needs to put there foot down and get a hold of this.. in this day of age with social media and the good camera phones all this bull needs to stop.. so last sunday race didnt even mean anything to me now.. it was a cheated up car that no one had a damn chance to even beat... its just ridiculous, they dont deserve anything.

I'd like to know what NASCAR would do if this would have happened at Homestead and the 4 car would have won the Championship. I think it might have involved this though...
giphy-downsized-large.gif

The cheating that goes on and how NASCAR handles it makes people question the sport. That is why it gets compared to the WWE at times.

They essentially did take the win away. He doesn't get the 5 playoff points for winning, or the 2 stage points. So he went from 13 playoff points back down to 6. That's a huge swing if he goes on to not win another race the rest of the year or something. You never know.

As far as taking the trophy away - as I fan I don't give a crap about that. They're the ones that will be reminded of the fact that they got caught cheating when they look at it.

I'd like to know what NASCAR would do if this would have happened at Homestead and the 4 car would have won the Championship. I think it might have involved this though...
giphy-downsized-large.gif

The cheating that goes on makes people question the sport and why it gets compared to the WWE.
and thats crazy!! its not about best driver and i see that! Its about best cheated car! but im going to be honest i will still watch im not going to be someone that says im not watching anymore because i love to hear the cars and love the speed , but i think we call be honest this sh*t is about who got the best cheated up car for the week and its sad, i just cheer for kyle busch because at least he speaks his mind.

They essentially did take the win away. He doesn't get the 5 playoff points for winning, or the 2 stage points. So he went from 13 playoff points back down to 6. That's a huge swing if he goes on to not win another race the rest of the year or something. You never know.

As far as taking the trophy away - as I fan I don't give a crap about that. They're the ones that will be reminded of the fact that they got caught cheating when they look at it.
im not so caught up on the trophy bro but damn give the WIN to next guy down that was cheating ! U feel me? it just doesnt make sense that the next person up dont get the WIN and the guy in front of him was CHEATING!

im not so caught up on the trophy bro but damn give the WIN to next guy down that was cheating ! U feel me? it just doesnt make sense that the next person up dont get the WIN and the guy in front of him was CHEATING!
What if Chase Elliott was the next guy down? Lol you'd be cool with it then?

I don't need those snide remarks in my life from the old 24 hate club.

What if Chase Elliott was the next guy down? Lol you'd be cool with it then?

I don't need those snide remarks in my life from the old 24 hate club.
yes man!!! its not about who next down its about being fair man. i like kyle busch because he speaks his mind im not obsessed with him. its only right for the next person up thats not cheating get the WIN

E
I still don't believe what happened on the 4 car helped their performance any, But, I don't think anyone would really know for sure unless they saw the car in the tunnel exactly like it was in the race...and even though no one has proven that it helped their performance any I still wouldn't be against a win taken away from any team if they are caught cheating.

E
I still don't believe what happened on the 4 car helped their performance any, But, I don't think anyone would really know for sure unless they saw the car in the tunnel exactly like it was in the race...and even though no one has proven that it helped their performance any I still wouldn't be against a win taken away from any team if they are caught cheating.
so are you saying u wouldnt want a win taken or you would?

Several thoughts...
1. One pit crew member fired to save money.
2. OSS developed and purchased by teams to improve efficiency and prevent Wednesday announcement.
3. Money saved on crew member spent on OSS.
4. Wednesday cucumber announcement.
5. Utter waste of money.
6. Wondering if you let the engineers go, if it would actually save money. Looking for tiny gains in a tight box takes extensive R&D IMO = $.
7. This is utterly stupid. Harvick won. Want MY TRD powered Toyotas to take care of their own ****. The 4 is the target. The rest of this is NASCAR and NASCAR Nation eating itself. BTW--Kyle Busch got really fast with a legal car. I am optimistic.

Several thoughts...
1. One pit crew member fired to save money.
2. OSS developed and purchased by teams to improve efficiency and prevent Wednesday announcement.
3. Money saved on crew member spent on OSS.
4. Wednesday cucumber announcement.
5. Utter waste of money.
6. Wondering if you let the engineers go, if it would actually save money. Looking for tiny gains in a tight box takes extensive R&D IMO = $.
7. This is utterly stupid. Harvick won. Want MY TRD powered Toyotas to take care of their own sh!t. The 4 is the target. The rest of this is NASCAR and NASCAR Nation eating itself. BTW--Kyle Busch got really fast with a legal car. I am optimistic.
well said my brother well said!!! 18 should be winner but the cheated up car got all the money and stuff to go along with it.. the 18 could be locked into playoffs now.. this is stupid.. TAKE everything away from these guys and stop smacking them on the hand and all this cheating will stop! and to act like the driver the crew chief doesnt know whats going on with these cars is stupid to think too.. these guys have meetings on tuesdays and during the race weeken im sure its bought up whats going on with that damn car.. start taking away wins and everything that comes with it and suspended drivers i bet all this wont happen again!

The old 24 hate Club is alive and well, however not so much hate for the current driver of the 24 for some reason.
Funny how that works huh. Totally saw that coming.
Not sure if yall were on the forum during the Gordon/Keselowski incident at Texas, but this forum was virtually anti-Gordon and any opinion in favor of Jeff was immediately met with vitriol. Lost many active forum members the following weeks. Some of those same members who spit venom are still active and with the help of a few mods who were Earhardt Sr. fans, they are allowed to stay. Meanwhile the Gordon fans got labeled as the equivalent of pigs in a stye by one moderator in particular.

Its gotten nasty around here, but its been “calm” with Chase.

If you want to end cheating in NASCAR then you have to make the penalties mean something. In other words, if a team is caught with a certain level or higher of a violation then the win is vacated, and you cannot race for the championship that year. That would clean up the mess that these types of situations cause.

I find it entertaining that in NASCAR fan spout "Its OK to cheat because we came from moonshiners and they cheated the law. What a load of crap. Cheating isn't honorable, and it degrades the sport. Those people outside looking in aren't going to flock to a sport that considers cheating OK because 70+ years ago my great granddaddy did it that way.

Better fire up the banjo music, y'all.

Rodney could nail a piece of plywood for the rear window and Harvick would still probably win this week at phoenix

Rodney could nail a piece of plywood for the rear window and Harvick would still probably win this week at phoenix
You know they're going to be pissed off and on a mission this week now.

I guess I don't understand why people want to discourage this type of thing, putting the cost aspect aside. Where is the line drawn from finding competitive advantages and "cheating"? Just curious.

Maybe next year can issue a race car along with a pit gun to each team.

They can afford to give a few away from the profits on the suckers who buy them at full price

A few?

Yeah no. I worked for Outback. RIDICULOUSLY over priced. We sold the Bloom at an absurd rate. There is also a catch to Bloomin Monday.

EVERYONE READ THIS.

Bloomin Onion is free ONLY and ONLY IF the customer mentions Kevin Harvick and the Bloomin Monday. Otherwise, we had to charge customers for Bloomin Onions.

We also had a loaded Bloomin Onion app, cheese fries on top of the Bloom which was not included among "Bloomin Monday". Outback may be the most cooperate restaurant there is. $28.99 for a 6 ounce Filet Minion and two sides. Absurd.

Not sure if yall were on the forum during the Gordon/Keselowski incident at Texas, but this forum was virtually anti-Gordon and any opinion in favor of Jeff was immediately met with vitriol. Lost many active forum members the following weeks. Some of those same members who spit venom are still active and with the help of a few mods who were Earhardt Sr. fans, they are allowed to stay. Meanwhile the Gordon fans got labeled as the equivalent of pigs in a stye by one moderator in particular.

I wasnt around these parts that time, but I can only imagine the meltdown. Many friends of my family who are 20+ years older than me still hate Gordon to this day because "He took championships away from Sr. Sr was a better driver anyway" and my favorite...."NASCAR wanted Gordon to win those championships in the 90's to push the sport mainstream" lmao these were actual conversations I'd overhear when they were in our garage drinking beer talking to my parents. I was always given a hard time when I as they liked to say... "Came out as a Gordon fan" 1998 was pretty fun sticking it up their behinds. To make a long story short, they were pretty excited when Kez went for that hole and knocked Gordon out of his last actual shot at the championship. I actually loathed Sr because of fans like those and didnt realize how awesome of a driver/dude he was until about 1999 or so. My father was always an Earnhardt fan and actually liked both Earnhardt/Gordon which was unheard of I think in those times. The funny thing is alot of those fellas that I still talk to are Chase Elliott fans "Because of his daddy". You just cant write some of this stuff ha ha

Looking back on it now, there was a good amount of Gordon fans on here at the time until all that went down. The only Gordon fans left from then are you, DUN, FL, and 2 Sweet that I can think of.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom