If you dont like that?

I’m far from a Kyle Bush fan but I was rooting hard for him to beat Denny. Now I can go back to my general dislike for him.
Hell, I was begging and hoping for him to bump/turn Denny! Wish granted, I guess, although Blaney or somebody else really finished him off. :eek::bounce:

And KDB drove up on the curb and cut Joey's tire that started the whole ball rolling

And KTB finished the deal ... with a clock

Hell, I was begging and hoping for him to bump/turn Denny! Wish granted, I guess, although Blaney or somebody else really finished him off. :eek::bounce:
How about that MTJ ? the guy that supposedly is no good at short tracks :lol2:

How about that MTJ ? the guy that supposedly is no good at short tracks :lol2:
Hung around in the top five all day - he was unusually quiet. Never led a lap. Almost led the most important one. :biggrin: I tell you, he's going to start winning at these short tracks. Should have had Richmond, ran well at Bristol, and even Martinsville now. ;)

Someone should have had a dummy clock in victory circle for Kyle to smash as blood vessel would still be popping.

Hung around in the top five all day - he was unusually quiet. Never led a lap. Almost led the most important one. :biggrin: I tell you, he's going to start winning at these short tracks. Should have had Richmond, ran well at Bristol, and even Martinsville now. ;)

Martin has improved drastically IMO ........... its not all car

Denny watched Chase run Kez up the track
Hamlin's thinking if Chase is gonna do that so can I
only problem was Chase spun out
had he not spun out
it would have been an awesome move

Harry Hogge: No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... he *rubbed* you. And rubbin, son, is racin'.

Rubbin IS racin'. Dumping someone so you can have their spot is NOT.

Martin has improved drastically IMO ........... its not all car

Yeah, put some of these other guys in his car. The Dillons, Junior, Trevor Bayne, Michael McDowell, Kasey Kahne, Ryan Newman, Clint Bowyer, etc. I doubt that they would enjoy the kind of season that he has had.

Yeah, put some of these other guys in his car. The Dillons, Junior, Trevor Bayne, Michael McDowell, Kasey Kahne, Ryan Newman, Clint Bowyer, etc. I doubt that they would enjoy the kind of season that he has had.

I agree

Denny watched Chase run Kez up the track
Hamlin's thinking if Chase is gonna do that so can I
only problem was Chase spun out
had he not spun out
it would have been an awesome move

Harry Hogge: No, no, he didn't slam you, he didn't bump you, he didn't nudge you... he *rubbed* you. And rubbin, son, is racin'.
There's a different between being inside of somebody and leaning on them, and driving through somebody into the entry of a corner. Hambone could have gotten to the inside of Chase and washed him up the track as we had seen various drivers do all night with less of an incident.

Oh please, what a puss writer.
That fan was easily twice or 3 times the size of anyone infront of him. If he really meant to do harm he would have found his way to Denny with ease.
The fella went out easy with the five-o.

Move on.

I know that if I'm a driver, team member or family member I don't want fans to have the kind of access this person had. I'm sure this guy just wanted to go off verbally on Hamlin but in this day and age it pays to be careful.

please someone beat the tar out of denny hamlin. he is so so arrogant. I think chase is going to have to show he will not be pushed around. every new driver that starts running upfront with the big boys has to show they aren't going to just lay back and take it. every new competitive driver is tested by other drivers. They all look to see how much they can get away with leaning on them. It will be interesting to see how chase deals with this. ignoring it totally isn't the right approach.

Nah the infrastructure is just fine. It's just that Iowa really doesn't race like a short track. The X cars are averaging over 130 mph there
Iowa isnt ready for a Cup race. Ive spotted several races there and its a nice track BUT getting in and out would be a nightmare unless you are lucky enough to be using the nice little airport they built beside it. They have virtually no concession stands just a line of food trucks and trailers with food that wasnt very good at all. The Seating capacity would have to be upgraded but as far as the track and the infield and pit area for the teams its ready to go.

Of course it wasn’t clean on Chase’s part I agree. But Denny flat drove through Chase, that’s miles dirtier IMO
What Chase did moving Keselowski was acceptable. This is all a part of short track racing and some moves, such as this, are unacceptable early on, but when it comes time to count the serious players and make the aggressive moves, it is. Just as bumping someone out of the way for the win, as long as you don't wreck them.

Can you imagine Chase, Larson or Harvick in that car? Unbeatable...

Iowa isnt ready for a Cup race. Ive spotted several races there and its a nice track BUT getting in and out would be a nightmare unless you are lucky enough to be using the nice little airport they built beside it. They have virtually no concession stands just a line of food trucks and trailers with food that wasnt very good at all. The Seating capacity would have to be upgraded but as far as the track and the infield and pit area for the teams its ready to go.

I thought I read that Iowa had a seating capacity of around 30K and if so I think it would be ideal for Cup as you would have to figure demand would be half again as much so the price of tickets could be jacked up and there would be people clamoring to get a ticket. in. A huge problem for Nascar today is that at most races you can walk up to the ticket window 10 minutes after the race has started and still have a large collection of available seats.

Obviously this race has been rated next to cleanliness and godliness by the overwhelming majority of fans here. I like short tracks so much I wish the longest track that was ever raced on was 3/4 of a mile except for road courses. My question is now that we have seen Charlotte get rid if one of its mind numbing races for a roval do you think that other tracks may try and build a short track within the confines of the cookie cutter surface?

There are several tracks that don't draw very well like Atlanta, MIS, Pocono, Dover and others that could be prime candidates for the short track treatment. Do the tracks stay the course and keep the TV money that will be coming in for a few more years or do they spend some of that money to try and put out a better product? Do most people think short track racing is the best or is it just a small group of localized fans here?

Paybacks at Texas to the 11 is in order. Like the 4 said a few years ago " I can guarantee you that the 20 wont be this years champion" Neither will the 11 if the 24 has a say in it, ( or a bumper)
Cant stand that puke punk. That move was to take him out, nothing else. Maybe a suspension is in order. The 20 got parked for taking out the 22 intentionally a couple years back. But I would much rather see a payback.

Drivers remember significant incidents with other drivers. I wonder how Chase will run Denny in the future? I don't see Elliot doing a Kenseth but I wouldn't blame him.

I thought I read that Iowa had a seating capacity of around 30K and if so I think it would be ideal for Cup as you would have to figure demand would be half again as much so the price of tickets could be jacked up and there would be people clamoring to get a ticket. in. A huge problem for Nascar today is that at most races you can walk up to the ticket window 10 minutes after the race has started and still have a large collection of available seats.
I guarantee you the first 3 or 4 races at Iowa would draw at least 60,000 if only for the novelty of a new track. NASCAR wouldnt add it if it only drew 30,000

Better find something else to do. Cut the grass or wash the dog. Denny, you just got booed in VA lol

Tell ya what. How about we just run demolition derbies. Last car standing moves on to Homestead-Miami Speedway? That's what Denny's style of driving created in that race.

If I was Chase Elliott I'd pray Denny makes it to the final four. I'd find Denny and wreck him there. When they asked me about it I'd say that the Napa, Hooters, Chevy was having mechanical problems all day. It was unfortunate that the Napa, Hooters, Chevy broke right when Denny was driving by me. Horrible situation and I hope Denny accepts my apology.

I guarantee you the first 3 or 4 races at Iowa would draw at least 60,000 if only for the novelty of a new track. NASCAR wouldnt add it if it only drew 30,000

It would be great to have that kind of demand for a Nascar ticket as the prices would be high and there would be some exclusivity. As it is now there is such a glut of product and seating inventory there is nothing special about it.

Tell ya what. How about we just run demolition derbies. Last car standing moves on to Homestead-Miami Speedway? That's what Denny's style of driving created in that race.

If I was Chase Elliott I'd pray Denny makes it to the final four. I'd find Denny and wreck him there. When they asked me about it I'd say that the Napa, Hooters, Chevy was having mechanical problems all day. It was unfortunate that the Napa, Hooters, Chevy broke right when Denny was driving by me. Horrible situation and I hope Denny accepts my apology.
You forgot Sun Energy 1, Kelly Blue Book, Mountain Dew....I kid but I would think that if your scenario happened the $hitstorm it would create that a championship contender was taken out in the Homestead Bowl by a non title contender would make his sponsor or sponsors bail. Especially NAPA who has already been through it’s fair share of $hitsorms with the Itchy driver at Richmond way back when.

I am confident I will be tarred and feathered for this heresy but yesterday reminded me a lot of a plate race as the cars were bunched together, there was passing on the top and the bottom and several gratuitous wrecks. It was like Talladega except 2 miles shorter!

But I hope Chase gets payback over the course of next years 36 race schedule, right now would be too blatant IMO

Paybacks at Texas to the 11 is in order. Like the 4 said a few years ago " I can guarantee you that the 20 wont be this years champion" Neither will the 11 if the 24 has a say in it, ( or a bumper)
Cant stand that puke punk. That move was to take him out, nothing else. Maybe a suspension is in order. The 20 got parked for taking out the 22 intentionally a couple years back. But I would much rather see a payback.
Denny pretty mcuh dumped him, but there's a huge difference between what Denny did and what Matt did. Kenseth was flat out retaliation, and he didn't lift until they were both in the wall.

You forgot Sun Energy 1, Kelly Blue Book, Mountain Dew....I kid but I would think that if your scenario happened the $hitstorm it would create that a championship contender was taken out in the Homestead Bowl by a non title contender would make his sponsor or sponsors bail. Especially NAPA who has already been through it’s fair share of $hitsorms with the Itchy driver at Richmond way back when.

If the NAPA, Hooters, Mountain Dew, Sun Energy 1, Kelly Blue Book, Chevy was having mechanical problems there would noting Chase could do about it except apologize that the NAPA, Hooters, Mountain Dew, Sun Energy 1, Kelly Blue Book, Chevy was having mechanical problems. Stuff breaks. He can't control that. Just like the FedEx Toyota which was having brake problems couldn't help but run into Chase yesterday.

In the stick and ball world we want the officials to step in and penalize players for breaching the rules. It is nowhere near perfect as sometimes calls are missed or interpreted differently by different officials but all in all it works out.

For the most part in Nascar you can wreck someone by being careless or over aggressive and it is not a problem and when the person that got wrecked pays the person back that is OK too. Is that really what we should want and how things should be? Is it OK that innocent parties get wiped out because they got too close to a couple of drivers pissing contest?

Didn't Denny say something like he hoped truex or Kb win the race if he doesn't? He said he was rooting for the guys closest to the point lead to do well. Because that would mean the best chance for him to make the final 4 if he can't win a race.

That would certainly fit with not wanting chase to win. Jeff burton pointed out that Denny was hitting him on corner entry. That it's a take out move rather than a move me move.

IMO what Kenseth did to Joey 2 years ago was way worse then what Denny did to Chase last night. Denny and Chase were battling for the win while Kenseth took out Joey with absolutely no chance of winning the race. I'm sure if Chase dumped Denny nobody would think twice about it. Rule #1: You can't touch the Golden Child.

IMO what Kenseth did to Joey 2 years ago was way worse then what Denny did to Chase last night. Denny and Chase were battling for the win while Kenseth took out Joey with absolutely no chance of winning the race. I'm sure if Chase dumped Denny nobody would think twice about it. Rule #1: You can't touch the Golden Child.

What are you talking about. Chase was knocked out and Hamlin was able to continue. Hamling being the crappy driver he is took out half the field on the restart. Kenseth just took out one car.

Well Denny dumped Chase and nothing was done about it so why would it be different if Chase dumped Denny? Drivers have been allowed to dump each other with impunity for years so what happened yesterday is nothing new and the fans think it is better than winning the lottery.

What are you talking about. Chase was knocked out and Hamlin was able to continue. Hamling being the crappy driver he is took out half the field on the restart. Kenseth just took out one car.

I'm talking specifically about the Chase and Denny incident. The 2 cars, battling for the lead (Chase and Denny) and one car gets taken out isn’t nearly as bad as the leader (Joey) getting intentionally wrecked by a car serval laps down (Kenseth).

Back
Top Bottom