If you dont like that?

Can you imagine Chase, Larson or Harvick in that car? Unbeatable...
There is absolutely no proof that your point is correct ......... we can only speculate. I have seen Kyle Busch win many races with a 10th place car .... or a car that couldn't even manage to stay top 10 for the better part of the day.
I don't think any of the drivers that you mentioned there are driving junk

What are you talking about. Chase was knocked out and Hamlin was able to continue. Hamling being the crappy driver he is took out half the field on the restart. Kenseth just took out one car.

KTB willed the 11 out of his way .... the 11 then managed to wreck half the field

Can you imagine Chase, Larson or Harvick in that car? Unbeatable...

I don't know about Chase, since he has not won a race yet. Harv's pit crew would find ways to screw him over, has that not been established? :p I could see Larson being fantastic.

How has Jimmie not entered this conversation yet? As jaqua pointed out, the dude honestly has NOT always had the best car, and certainly has among the worst of the cars competing in the round of eight. Can you imagine what he would be doing if he was inside of that 78 car right now?

I don't know about Chase, since he has not won a race yet. Harv's pit crew would find ways to screw him over, has that not been established? :p I could see Larson being fantastic.

How has Jimmie not entered this conversation yet? As jaqua pointed out, the dude honestly has NOT always had the best car, and certainly has among the worst of the cars competing in the round of eight. Can you imagine what he would be doing if he was inside of that 78 car right now?
No better then Truex.

1) Kez chose the outside lane.
2) Chase was fully along side him.
3) Chase didn't wreck him.

I follow the short track credo I was taught as a teenager: Move a guy all you want, but once you spin him. you OWN IT.
I don't think I would stick around much longer if 8 wheels becomes the norm for passing.
Chase needed the 8 wheels do what he couldn't do as a racer. He paid for it by being almost out of the chase and in my case he lost some respect. Anyone who watched the race had to see that Brad passed them all clean for the lead.

I don't think I would stick around much longer if 8 wheels becomes the norm for passing.
Chase needed the 8 wheels do what he couldn't do as a racer. He paid for it by being almost out of the chase and in my case he lost some respect. Anyone who watched the race had to see that Brad passed them all clean for the lead.
:rolleyes: Chase made multiple CLEAN passes for the lead if you watched the race. I'm not sure what happened in that particular corner but Chase got in a little too deep. I don't think it was intentional to get in quite that deep because it ended up working against him and allowed Hamlin to close to his rear. However, Brad roughed him up pretty good earlier in the race to take the lead from him. You see what you want I guess.

:rolleyes: Chase made multiple CLEAN passes for the lead if you watched the race. I'm not sure what happened in that particular corner but Chase got in a little too deep. I don't think it was intentional to get in quite that deep because it ended up working against him and allowed Hamlin to close to his rear. However, Brad roughed him up pretty good earlier in the race to take the lead from him. You see what you want I guess.
I guess. I didn't see Brad push anyone other than a little back bumper and not going into a corner like Hamlin. Maybe we have different standards for our drivers.
In this case Chase pushed to hard and needed the 8 wheels because of his mistake.

There is absolutely no proof that your point is correct ......... we can only speculate. I have seen Kyle Busch win many races with a 10th place car .... or a car that couldn't even manage to stay top 10 for the better part of the day.
I don't think any of the drivers that you mentioned there are driving junk
Larson came close to winning races when Ganassi's equipment was sub par. Harvick always outperformed his RCR teammates, and then was the class of the field in 2014 and 2015 when he had good equipment. Chase is the Hendrick car with the most speed and has been screwed out of several wins. Meanwhile Truex was in decent equipment at MWR and DEI and did nothing. I think Truex is a good driver, but Larson, Harvick and Chase are VERY good drivers. Truex's car is just that much better than everyone else's. He makes it look easy.

Larson came close to winning races when Ganassi's equipment was sub par. Harvick always outperformed his RCR teammates, and then was the class of the field in 2014 and 2015 when he had good equipment. Chase is the Hendrick car with the most speed and has been screwed out of several wins. Meanwhile Truex was in decent equipment at MWR and DEI and did nothing. I think Truex is a good driver, but Larson, Harvick and Chase are VERY good drivers. Truex's car is just that much better than everyone else's. He makes it look easy.
It’s not the car. It’s the team, it’s chemistry. It’s much more than the car.

How has Jimmie not entered this conversation yet?

Jimmie finished 12th after running badly most of the day. In the standings he’s in 5th place. He should have finished that race below that. The guy still has a lucky horseshoe. Wouldn’t surprise me at all to see him in the top 4. I don’t know how he and Chad do it but they seem to just “luck” into things.

Truex is a major part of why his car is better then everyone else right now. Take him out and its not the same. Pearn may not work as well with Johnson or Larson etc..... What Truex and Pearn have is special like Evernham and Gordon, Knaus and Johnson, Nelson and Allison. Its a level of communication thats rare to say the least.

I agree with this but I'm all for that type of racing. I only wish more would take ownership and not apologize. No need to apologize when a championship is on the line in my opinion. I'd respect Denny alot more if he didn't apologize and said that he did what he needed to win the race.

I agree with this but I'm all for that type of racing. I only wish more would take ownership and not apologize. No need to apologize when a championship is on the line in my opinion. I'd respect Denny alot more if he didn't apologize and said that he did what he needed to win the race.
Society wants you apologize when you’ve offended someone.

But why apologize when you wronged them on purpose. Own that sh!t.

Because sometimes people with a conscience realize that in the heat of the moment they made a mistake and attempt to atone for it it. (Not saying that is the case with Denny). To me, admitting that you made a mistake and you are to blame IS owning it. It also means you will accept whatever negatives go with your mistake.

As a fan, an apology does nothing for me. I couldn't care less. A penalty would have been equally as useless. At the end of the day nothing can undo what was done and nothing is going to change the outcome for Chase and that's ultimately all I'm really concerned with.

As a fan, an apology does nothing for me. I couldn't care less. A penalty would have been equally as useless. At the end of the day nothing can undo what was done and nothing is going to change the outcome for Chase and that's ultimately all I'm really concerned with.
On the other hand if you don't penalize a driver/team hard enough then this becomes the norm and that is not racing. JR already put their best foot forward to make sure Kyle has the best chance of winning the title. The next step is to use their other cars to help him.
You can't say it won't happen because MWR already showed team are willing to do that.
In this case, I doubt Denny did this as pre-planned but who knows?

IMO what Kenseth did to Joey 2 years ago was way worse then what Denny did to Chase last night. Denny and Chase were battling for the win while Kenseth took out Joey with absolutely no chance of winning the race. I'm sure if Chase dumped Denny nobody would think twice about it. Rule #1: You can't touch the Golden Child.
True statement but same results. Chase has all been eliminated and so was Logano a few years back. Both were intentional but to different degrees. 1. to win and 2 retaliation.

Would Denny dump the 78 with 3 laps left? or how about the 18? even better the 77 going for his first win? If he dumped the 77, Goo Jibbs would probably dump henny damlin permanently.

He was already down something like 40 laps when he came back on the track to wreck Brad.
Hence the new 5 minute rule.

He was already down something like 40 laps when he came back on the track to wreck Brad.
Still parked him, that's what I mentioned in another post, drivers that were parked and/or suspended. Those were the two that came to mind. You can agree or disagree but the fact remains he was indeed parked.

Even as an Elliott fan, that makes me cringe. :eek: Eddie Gossage is a jackwagon, never have liked that guy. Remember when he called the drivers sissies for not wanting to race on a dangerous track surface at Texas? Had to eat his words on that one.

I don't follow the series close enough to know where/when "the people's champion" crept into the vernacular but it doesn't even make sense.

Still parked him, that's what I mentioned in another post, drivers that were parked and/or suspended. Those were the two that came to mind. You can agree or disagree but the fact remains he was indeed parked.

I'm not saying he didn't get parked. I'm just saying the so-called 'penalties' were a joke.

Am I the only one that doesn't want to see Chase win in the 24 car? I like Chase, but I prefer that he get his first win in the 9 so I don't have to hear about how he continued "Jeff Gordon's legacy" b.s. for the rest of his career.
HMS should have unofficially retired the 24 number. Do the same for the 88 and 48 (once JJ retires). Just pick 3 new numbers moving forward so the drivers and teams can stand on their own merits.

Am I the only one that doesn't want to see Chase win in the 24 car? I like Chase, but I prefer that he get his first win in the 9 so I don't have to hear about how he continued "Jeff Gordon's legacy" b.s. for the rest of his career.
HMS should have unofficially retired the 24 number. Do the same for the 88 and 48 (once JJ retires). Just pick 3 new numbers moving forward so the drivers and teams can stand on their own merits.
For me the number's just a number. Unless you've got a tat or something.....

No need to retire any numbers. There's only so many to go around. I'm going to guess as a Jeff Gordon fan, you'll never forget what he accomplished in that car, retired number or not.

The issue of Elliott's number and which number accompanies his first win is not something I have even thought of. Nascar has no history of retiring numbers so seeing the Dillion kid running around in the 3 car doesn't bother me as you knew it would be coming.

No need to retire any numbers. There's only so many to go around. I'm going to guess as a Jeff Gordon fan, you'll never forget what he accomplished in that car, retired number or not.

I don't mind car numbers being recycled and recirculated.

The number represents an entire team, not just one transcendent driver. You don't see the New England Patriots being retired because of TB12.

Agree you can't officially retire the numbers, but you can unofficially retire the numbers by not using them for a few years.
And true that Jeff Gordon fans will remember his accomplishments, but there is no doubt they will also remember what number he was.

The number represents an entire team, not just one transcendent driver. You don't see the New England Patriots being retired because of TB12.
Yeah that's because the Pats are going to retire the number 12 once Tom Brady decides to retire. No one is asking for HMS to retire their name. I'm not even asking them to try to retire the 24 number, I'm just asking them to change the number for a few years. I hear the 5 and 25 are available next year! haha

Back
Top Bottom