If you dont like that?

Well Denny dumped Chase and nothing was done about it so why would it be different if Chase dumped Denny? Drivers have been allowed to dump each other with impunity for years so what happened yesterday is nothing new and the fans think it is better than winning the lottery.

My point is there wouldn’t be such an outcry if the results were reversed.

I think what trumps anything is who is the arbiter of what is right or wrong or fair or foul as it is the fan base of the drivers involved, the drivers themselves, the spotters, the sanctioning body or someone else? Nascar has a long history of ignoring incidents of drivers being careless and wiping out other cars and it will continue to occur until it is deemed to be a problem and then Nascar will overreact.

I think what trumps anything is who is the arbiter of what is right or wrong or fair or foul as it is the fan base of the drivers involved, the drivers themselves, the spotters, the sanctioning body or someone else? Nascar has a long history of ignoring incidents of drivers being careless and wiping out other cars and it will continue to occur until it is deemed to be a problem and then Nascar will overreact.
From what I remember two incidents are where NASCAR drew a line in the sand. 1. Carl Edwards turning Brad K at Atlanta which caused the car to flip and slam the wall, 2. When Kenseth, out of the chase took out a championship contender. Except for those two instances, everything else is pretty much fair game.

that would have to happen. So far that driver in question has never done such a thing. That can't be said for Hambone, he has a history of being a jackass

From what I remember two incidents are where NASCAR drew a line in the sand. 1. Carl Edwards turning Brad K at Atlanta which caused the car to flip and slam the wall, 2. When Kenseth, out of the chase took out a championship contender. Except for those two instances, everything else is pretty much fair game.

there have been many more than that when drivers get called to the trailer, and don't forget that jackass KDB getting suspended for Hornaday. Ironic that KDB was talking after the race and said Joey wasn't racing for anything after he cut his tire.

I'm talking specifically about the Chase and Denny incident. The 2 cars, battling for the lead (Chase and Denny) and one car gets taken out isn’t nearly as bad as the leader (Joey) getting intentionally wrecked by a car serval laps down (Kenseth).
Actually, Kenseth was challenging Kez for second place when Kez wrecked Kenseth - I think Kenseth saw it as a team tactic and he retaliated.

Tell ya what. How about we just run demolition derbies. Last car standing moves on to Homestead-Miami Speedway? That's what Denny's style of driving created in that race. ...
We did that two weeks ago at Talladega, remember?

I am confident I will be tarred and feathered for this heresy but yesterday reminded me a lot of a plate race as the cars were bunched together, there was passing on the top and the bottom and several gratuitous wrecks. It was like Talladega except 2 miles shorter!
I thought the only gratuitous wreck was the last one, and almost all of it happened beyond the checkered flag.

Call me back when you can say, "I thought the Talladega race was like Martinsville, just 2 miles longer."

Chase didn't overcook it into the turn IMHO, he got loose under Kez and muscle him out of the way. At the same time, Kez used up Chase's bumper for the longest time. So, Chase was wrong not to return the favor in using Kez up a bit?

Its racing after all, but seeing what Cindric did at Mosport I did say he wanted it bad enough. I hope he knows the reprocussions that comes along with it.

I guess Hamlin wanted it bad enough to spin out Chase. I don't know, I was so excited and then I was legitimately disappointed by the result in El Diablo Hamlino's dumbassery. I rooted for Kyle and Poison Oak to the end of the race.

**** sucked, but it is what it is. It racing.

Denny pretty mcuh dumped him, but there's a huge difference between what Denny did and what Matt did. Kenseth was flat out retaliation, and he didn't lift until they were both in the wall.
Denny dumped Chase, but he didn't plan it out in advance, probably didn't even intend it. Matt came back on the track planning on taking the #22 out of the race / Chase.

Matt's car was already trash after Kez wasted it. He had to have extensive repairs to get it back out there. The 5-minute rule would prevent that these days, and I don't see anybody pulling that stunt with a car that's still competitive.

Also, Denny dumped Chase, but that wasn't his intention. Matt came back on the track planning on taking the #22 out of the race / Chase.

Matt's car was already trash after Kez wasted it. He had to have extensive repairs to get it back out there. The 5-minute rule would prevent that these days, and I don't see anybody pulling that stunt with a car that's still competitive.

I don't think you can jack up somebody going into corner entry and say it wasn't intentional, that is the most vulnerable a driver can be under heavy braking going into a corner and the trailing car uses the collision to slow his car down..it's a chicken **** move any way you slice it. Matt did the same thing to Joey (corner entry) except his car was junk anyway so he didn't let off until he took Joey completely out was the only difference between the two.

I don't think you can jack up somebody going into corner entry and say it wasn't intentional, that is the most vulnerable a driver can be under heavy braking going into a corner and the trailing car uses the collision to slow his car down..it's a chicken sh!t move any way you slice it. Matt did the same thing to Joey (corner entry) except his car was junk anyway so he didn't let off until he took Joey completely out was the only difference between the two.

I agree. No way is Denny dumb enough to not know what he was doing.

I don't think you can jack up somebody going into corner entry and say it wasn't intentional, that is the most vulnerable a driver can be under heavy braking going into a corner and the trailing car uses the collision to slow his car down..it's a chicken sh!t move any way you slice it. Matt did the same thing to Joey (corner entry) except his car was junk anyway so he didn't let off until he took Joey completely out was the only difference between the two.

My whole point was/is Matt's move was more chicken sh!t because he wasn't in contention for the win. On the other hand, one could view what happened between Chase and Denny as simply short track racing.

denny and matt are great

the "Wanna be winner" still cant close the deal

My whole point was/is Matt's move was more chicken sh!t because he wasn't in contention for the win. On the other hand, one could view what happened between Chase and Denny as simply short track racing.
so it is about the degree of chicken **** is it now. haha. Some say Matt's was justified,retaliation for Joey and him last week at Kansas. Gordon fans loved it because it paved the way for a Gordon victory and ruined Logano's chances for advancement to the next round. There wan't any of that when Hamlin dumped Elliott. Chase has been racing clean and hard all year long. When Chase ran Keselowski up the track, it was a sloppy bump and way too hard. But at least it was done in the right place on the track, no yellow and Keselowski continued to race and only lost about three positions. Hamlin's wasn't short track racing at all. It was a chicken **** move that could have been done anywhere(and he has done it anywhere) but happened at a short track.

Nascar isn't going to penalize Hamlin because he drives a Toyota, and as you guys should know, Toyota pays nascar big $$$ so the Toyota teams can have an unfair advantage on the track. Nascar doesn't want to risk losing they $$$ if they do something Toyota doesn't like.

Nascar isn't going to penalize Hamlin because he drives a Toyota, and as you guys should know, Toyota pays nascar big $$$ so the Toyota teams can have an unfair advantage on the track. Nascar doesn't want to risk losing they $$$ if they do something Toyota doesn't like.
Here, I think you dropped this.

:sarcasm:

IMG_0108.JPG

there have been many more than that when drivers get called to the trailer, and don't forget that jackass KDB getting suspended for Hornaday. Ironic that KDB was talking after the race and said Joey wasn't racing for anything after he cut his tire.
Forgot about KB and Hornday, I was referring only to those that have been parked and/or suspended not just being called to the hauler for a talking to.

As much as I disliked what Kenseth did to Lagano, at least there was some context to it, and Kenseth felt like he was robbed of something by Lagano. What Hamlin did was take out a guy that never did a single thing to him.

The one that stands out to me is when Nascar took away Davey Allison's win for spinning Ricky Rudd at Sears Point in the early 1990's as Nascar meant bidness that day.

Hey does anyone remember this?

Literally has 0 to do with Chase Elliott trying to win a cup race at almost 22 years old.

Since he's been in cup who has he raced like this? In 2 Xfinity seasons who did he race like this? I'll wait.

You also see what you want to see in looking at that video. Chase tried to out brake him and had a fender inside. He didn't drive thru the back of him like yesterday.

As much as I disliked what Kenseth did to Lagano, at least there was some context to it, and Kenseth felt like he was robbed of something by Lagano. What Hamlin did was take out a guy that never did a single thing to him.
Hamlin was going to punt whoever was in front of him, with the possible exceptions of Busch. It just happened to be Elliott. "Nothing personal; just business, capiche?"

There was plenty of context - a win and a Homestead slot. I don't blame him for what he did, only how he did it.

Payback for one, a spot in the final 4 for the other. Plenty of context for both. I simply believe if it was anyone other then Chase it wouldn't nearly be getting this much attention. Heck, if it woulda been a Toyoder driver, the crowd would have probably roared with cheers like in 2015, but it happened to the golden child...

Hamlin was going to punt whoever was in front of him, with the possible exceptions of Busch. It just happened to be Elliott. "Nothing personal; just business, capiche?"

There was plenty of context - a win and a Homestead slot. I don't blame him for what he did, only how he did it.

yeah it was a real crowd pleaser move. Racing fans just love that sort of thing, they were falling out of their seats to congratulate Hamlin for such a heroic move..

The one that stands out to me is when Nascar took away Davey Allison's win for spinning Ricky Rudd at Sears Point in the early 1990's as Nascar meant bidness that day.
They sure did, the reigns have been loosened up quite a bit over the past few years with "boys have at it!" I brought up those two because they were saying, "have at it but not like that" :rolleyes:

that has absolutely no bearing on Hamlin or how he will continue to get booed for what he did. #graspingatstraws

What did he do? According to NASCAR nothing to warrant a penalty or fine. Chase fans can boo all they want but the fact is if Chase did the same thing to Denny to get his first win the crowd would have shook the grandstands down with cheers and excitement.

Edwards didn't get anything but 3 weeks probation. Worse line in the sand ever.

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cup/news/story?id=4979018

it did put an end to the crazyness at least though. Man that was a mess with those two.
They didn't go after each other again. I'm not sure the penalty had anything to do with it. It was 'Boys have at it' penalty.. slap on the wrist.

I am not sure why there is any discussion about Denny getting booed or people not liking him as it is not like he is going to lose one wink of sleep over it. Most of the people that are up in arms about him nerfing CE didn't like him to begin with so the whole faux anger rings hollow in many instances. For the record I don't care for Hamlin but it would be disingenuous for me to make more out of this than warrants.

yeah it was a real crowd pleaser move. Racing fans just love that sort of thing, they were falling out of their seats to congratulate Hamlin for such a heroic move..
I didn't say it was laudable, only that there was context. I'm pretty sure Hamlin doesn't care much about pleasing the crowd, and I doubt many other Cup drivers lie away worrying about it either.

I didn't say it was laudable, only that there was context. I'm pretty sure Hamlin doesn't care much about pleasing the crowd, and I doubt many other Cup drivers lie away worrying about it either.
The other Gibber KDB almost lost his M&M gravy train sponsorship when he went full crack-o on Hornady. Suarez lost his from eating donuts. So there is that.

The other Gibber KDB almost lost his M&M gravy train sponsorship when he went full crack-o on Hornady. Suarez lost his from eating donuts. So there is that.
Never bothered Earnhardt or GM. Spencer saw a huge popularity boost for delivering a knuckle sandwich to KuBu. It can work either way.

Spencer saw a huge popularity boost for delivering a knuckle sandwich to KuBu.

Kurt Busch also committed a malignant foul during the race, and Spencer was the only driver penalized for that, and Kurt went on to win the next week by dumping Sterling Marlin (and someone else before that IIRC).

Honestly, if Denny Hamlin was suspended for that incident, I think you'd see different fan reaction -- especially since they let Nemechek and Cindric keep their wins.

Back
Top Bottom