If you dont like that?

Worked for Dale sr.

Yep.

Kyle embracing who he is has made this sport fun, well as fun as it can be with mile and a half tracks anyways.

I used to hate when he'd act like a pompous ass and then complain on Fox and ESPN segments about not being liked by fans and how the booing got to him. I hate certain politicians for the same reason -- they say things solely to piss people off, then get mad and kirk out on Twitter because there are people who don't like them.

Now, he doesn't give a ****.

Am I the only one that doesn't want to see Chase win in the 24 car? I like Chase, but I prefer that he get his first win in the 9 so I don't have to hear about how he continued "Jeff Gordon's legacy" b.s. for the rest of his career.
HMS should have unofficially retired the 24 number. Do the same for the 88 and 48 (once JJ retires). Just pick 3 new numbers moving forward so the drivers and teams can stand on their own merits.

I want him to win. I don't care what # he does in. Just so happens he is in the #24 right now.

I don't believe in retiring car #s.

Am I the only one that doesn't want to see Chase win in the 24 car? I like Chase, but I prefer that he get his first win in the 9 so I don't have to hear about how he continued "Jeff Gordon's legacy" b.s. for the rest of his career.
HMS should have unofficially retired the 24 number. Do the same for the 88 and 48 (once JJ retires). Just pick 3 new numbers moving forward so the drivers and teams can stand on their own merits.

I may be in the minority, but I'm actually pretty disappointed that Chase will not continue in the 24. I feel it's far more appropriate for him as the guy that actually took over for Jeff Gordon to use it than the next guy down the line, no offense William Byron. I was SO excited when Chase got the 24, that it feels kind of like a letdown that he will no longer have it. As for the 88, sorry but Jr. never did enough in that car to justify any sort of putting it on the shelf for awhile, and as much as a fan of Jimmie Johnson as I am, the 48 will ALWAYS belong to James Hylton in my mind.

I'm not sure what the NFL has to do with NASCAR. I just don't think we need to see numbers retired in NASCAR.

Yep...and *if* we were to have the discussion of which numbers to "retire"...the 43 and the 3 are the only ones that are iconic enough. The 24 and 48 aren't even close. Shouldn't even be in the discussion, imo.

Yep...and *if* we were to have the discussion of which numbers to "retire"...the 43 and the 3 are the only ones that are iconic enough. The 24 and 48 aren't even close. Shouldn't even be in the discussion, imo.
:XXROFL::XXROFL:

Reactions: Pat

Who is the arbiter of what is and isn't iconic or worthy? The 24 and 48 teams have won a lot of races and championships so IDK why they would not be in the mix if numbers were to be retired.

I think the 24 & 48 earned their spot next to the 3 & 43 but yeah, no retirement of numbers.

People should start apologizing for being so easily offended :idunno:
This offends me.
I don't follow the series close enough to know where/when "the people's champion" crept into the vernacular but it doesn't even make sense.
Where: TMS.

When: no later than 15 minutes after Martinsville ended; no sooner than when Elliott got dumped.

The #88 has no history at Hendrick before Jr. arrived. I recall they had to ask Yates if he would release the number. As far as history at Hendrick, the #5 and #25 have longer histories. I would have liked to see the #88 revert to #25.

I mean, I have no problem with guys moving each other, but I find it ironic that people are up in arms about Denny driving through Chase when Chase did the equivalent to Brad, but just from the inside. If Brad doesn't lift he fences the car. He lifted and gathered it back up. Its just hard racing. If Chase is able to gather the car and just shoots out of the groove it doesn't look as bad, but he didn't and it was what it was. Nobody is going to be pleased with being moved out of the lead.

I mean, I have no problem with guys moving each other, but I find it ironic that people are up in arms about Denny driving through Chase when Chase did the equivalent to Brad, but just from the inside. If Brad doesn't lift he fences the car. He lifted and gathered it back up. Its just hard racing. If Chase is able to gather the car and just shoots out of the groove it doesn't look as bad, but he didn't and it was what it was. Nobody is going to be pleased with being moved out of the lead.
Kyle did the same thing to Denny on the restart, started on the inside and in turn one ended up on the outside. Nobody who was a fan of the outside cars didn't like it, but the inside lane was where to be on a restart. Comparing Hamlin's dump to those? I don't see the similarity.

When you get shoved up out of the groove, you DO have some options. When somebody jacks you up from behind, you're GONNA spin out and likely hit the wall. The first is where the term "rubbin is racin" came from. The second is not. It might seem like a small difference to those watching at home, but not to the people who do this week in and out.

strip mall
That may be a way to finally put the old girl to rest once and for all. Frankly I'm surprised in the video posted above that we don't see the decayed carcasses of all of the dead horses that have been beaten to death since the speedway's closing. I would think that by now they would fill the speedway from end to end, side to side, top to bottom. Then again, I guess if you beat that horse as much as that one has been, there wouldn't be much left. :(

Strip malls are deader than N. Wilkes.

The last time I drove by the old girl was looking sad. Wilkesboro, Rockingham the old Atlanta and the old Richmond were done in by the sudden popularity of Nascar as everything had to be just so for the yuppies and dinks and their brief dalliance with the series. A real shame, IMO.

Agree you can't officially retire the numbers, but you can unofficially retire the numbers by not using them for a few years.
And true that Jeff Gordon fans will remember his accomplishments, but there is no doubt they will also remember what number he was.

Yeah that's because the Pats are going to retire the number 12 once Tom Brady decides to retire. No one is asking for HMS to retire their name. I'm not even asking them to try to retire the 24 number, I'm just asking them to change the number for a few years. I hear the 5 and 25 are available next year! haha

Jeff Gordon is still a minority owner of the 24 car, why should he consent to retire the number, it is his legacy just as the 3 was Dale's.

The last time I drove by the old girl was looking sad. Wilkesboro, Rockingham the old Atlanta and the old Richmond were done in by the sudden popularity of Nascar as everything had to be just so for the yuppies and dinks and their brief dalliance with the series. A real shame, IMO.
Gotta disagree. Everything was done to put tracks in larger markets and closer to bigger fan bases, with an option to run IRL. Changes for the short term 'fans' didn't start until they began leaving, in an attempt to keep them on board.

Back
Top Bottom