I'M GLAD THERE'S AN ALTERNATIVE FROM 4M

$ bill said:
And you and Steve are swift,too. That Crumbos quite a guy. Always got something to say.Usually humerous,too. :growl: We're getting closer all the time on the new 20 car. Mom gave Ed 4G to work on the build. :rolleyes: This weekend we passed the second 4G mark. :eek: But with some ctreative LM parts sales,we havent been stuck too bad in the wallet. Still,not too bad for more or less a new car.
Just have one of those dumb lookin composite tops to get. Eds got about 4 or 5 graphics jobs this week, so I think hes gonna get to pay for it. Then bring on the dents. Oh well :p ......Later.............................BB

i dont know about the swift part , sure tell it by my racing last night. :beerbang:

First night out.............................

carcrazy7 said:
i dont know about the swift part , sure tell it by my racing last night. :beerbang:

And no wrecker...... :eek: ......... I'd say, "A pretty GOOD night"......................................... :beerbang: ............................BB

yea , specially when i found my right rear spring out of the bucket !

Ronald H. Weedon
1932 - 2005

Funeral services to Celebrate the Life of Ronald H. "Ronnie" Weedon, 72, a resident of Pleasant Valley, Iowa, will be 10 a.m. Friday, April 15, 2005, in the Grandstands of the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds, 2815 W. Locust St., Davenport. Burial will be in the National Cemetery, Rock Island Arsenal with military graveside rites conducted by Davenport American Legion Post #26. Visitation will be on Thursday from 3 until 8 p.m. in the Starlight Ballroom at the Fairgrounds.
Ronnie died on Monday, April 11, 2005, at his home following an accident while working on his Dirt Track Racecar.
He was born June 11, 1932, in Davenport, a son of Ronald H. and Virginia R. (Heiser) Weedon. He was united in marriage to Dolores J. "Dee" Clary on December 1, 1960, in Hannibal, Missouri.
He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean conflict.
Ronnie retired in 1995 after 37 years of service for Strieter Motor Company. He had worked in the Body and Fender Department.
He was very active in the local Dirt-Track Racing arenas and had 504-feature race wins over a seven-decade career. Ronnie was a mentor for many young racers and always had time to assist others when somebody would ask for help. Each year local driver's are asked to vote for their pick as the best racer in their respective class and the best local racer overall for the award named for Ronnie, the Weedon Award. Those receiving the once in a lifetime award receive votes from their peers, with each team getting one vote. To read more about his illustrious racing career visit www.ronnieweedon.com. He loved to race and the family time spent at the track. Besides his wife, Dee, you could always count on seeing his faithful companion at the track, his dog Gidget.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Survivors include his wife, Dee; and children, Debbie (Mrs. Ron) Lane, Davenport, Ronnie Weedon, Davenport, Rob (Sandy) Connors, East Moline, Jerry Connors, Pleasant Valley, and Ginnie (Mrs. Rick) Schumann, Davenport; and his beloved seven grandchildren and six great grandchildren.
In addition to his parents, a sister, Eleanor Boley, also preceded him in death.
Online remembrances and condolences may be expressed to the family by visiting Ronnie's obituary at the website of Halligan-McCabe-DeVries Funeral Home, www.hmdfuneralhome.com.
Published in the Quad-City Times on 4/13/2005.

Scott I am saving the newspaper articles from the Quad City's for you. Q-C Times and The Moline Dispatch and the Rock Island Argus have lots of coverage with pictures of Ronnie. I'l bring them to you. KWQC tv. in Davenport had a special tribute to Ronnie last night. They ran footage of him racing and of interviews with him. Phil Roberts and Gary Webb talked about how much Ronnie has contributed to dirt track racing.

I'l see you at the track my friend.

Ron

good morning! i've been out and about this morning , just couldn't get much better, 52* not a clowd in the sky , wind is calm . the mississippi river looks smooth like glass this morning , altho it is up from last week and is a little muddy with the rain up north. :) hope everyone has a nice day !

howdy steve-o...if ya aint doing nothing tonight ya oughta come over to moms house..ill be there working on the beast...illbe there round 5 or so.

racincrazyjs7 said:
howdy steve-o...if ya aint doing nothing tonight ya oughta come over to moms house..ill be there working on the beast...illbe there round 5 or so.

have to take bethanie to the hospital for some tests at 3 pm. they may take her shunt out if the tests come back good ! heee haaaa :D :D :D :D

carcrazy7 said:
have to take bethanie to the hospital for some tests at 3 pm. they may take her shunt out if the tests come back good ! heee haaaa :D :D :D :D

ok well i h ope everything goes well with sissy..give her a kiss for me... :)

Yo Lisa......................

racincrazyjs7 said:

What breed of Beast :eek: would you be creating.. :growl: .........................BB

$ bill said:
What breed of Beast :eek: would you be creating.. :growl: .........................BB
monte carlo street stock.... :beerbang: why ?? you wanna help $bill?? lol..the progress is really slow because i dont know what the he!! im doing..lol now the problem i am having is ...if we cant put the master cylinder in the stock location because A) the cage comes out of the firewall right were its supposed to be mounted and B) if we do figger out how to put it in stock location, i cant reach the pedal because im too short 5'4..lol and we cant move the seat up because if we do certain parts of my body would be right on the steering wheel..lol :p so we are stuck for the moment.. :mad:

Sorry but..................

Still ain't got the LM done. :confused: But you might try.........Standard MC instead of Power brake MC. For the pedal, Weld extention on to stock pedal. You don't want to get those other things tangled up in the wheel. :eek: :D Gotta go do some vinyl stuff. Later........................................BB

bill, you coming to peoria tomorrow? if so we gottas make better conections LOL he11 everyone i saw said "did you find $ bill? we got plan a meetin spot :p i'l even buy ya a beer if i find ya! i got to give the news paper clipings of Ronnie Weedon to scott so i'l be over at the flag stand after the races. let me know if you're gonna be there ok? .............ron :beerbang:

ps... i think your right on an extention for racingcrazyjs7 :p

$ bill said:
Still ain't got the LM done. :confused: But you might try.........Standard MC instead of Power brake MC. For the pedal, Weld extention on to stock pedal. You don't want to get those other things tangled up in the wheel. :eek: :D Gotta go do some vinyl stuff. Later........................................BB

heheheheheheh........ :sne: pretty good one bill !!!

i gotta tell ya boys and girls,,, i need a laugh! and i just spilled my beer laughing. :p

lisa i'm sure your crew will figure thing out! i may try to get down early tomorrow and take look at the beast. we gotta get you on the track by points night. :blink:

good morning ya'll !! well $bill i talked to dave smith about the mc and i think we have it figgered out now...im gonna have to have my boobs removed to be able to race...lmao just kidding...anyway he told me how we can do it and for it to be legal so ...hopefully we'll git-r-done....ctr...theres not a snowballs chance in he!! that ill be on that track for points night...i gotta get a motor :mad: anyway ctr...ill meet ya at the front gate tonight at 530 i have to work until 4 so then ill have to haul a$$ to peoria..oh and hey guess what !!!???? there is a guy here that is a friend of my bill and he is gonna let me race his hornet (wild thing in lincoln) this sunday at lincoln...i wish it wasnt so far for you and carolyn , you guys could come over !! i cant WAIT to get in a car....i dont care what kind it is..lol

Good mornin lisa! ok. on the 5:30 . oh my gaddds you gonna race in lincoln sunday! hey you need some seat time so it'l be good. you never know bigdaddy went to lincoln a few times last year so we may just come down and talk him into taking us with him if he goes. yeah it's 140 miles from here. we'll see how it goes.

CTR~ said:
Good mornin lisa! ok. on the 5:30 . oh my gaddds you gonna race in lincoln sunday! hey you need some seat time so it'l be good. you never know bigdaddy went to lincoln a few times last year so we may just come down and talk him into taking us with him if he goes. yeah it's 140 miles from here. we'll see how it goes.
aw man that would be awesome....i just found out for tuffruff that they allow quads in lincoln so he is thinking about coming down to race too...he says he has to see how things go tonight....im telling ya there is trouble brewing in the hornet division at peoria...it ought to be a good show tonight !!

i tell ya tuff was running good the last 2 weeks. his car hauls a$$ and realy looks good too. tim and i sat up by mrs. tuff and maw and pa tuff the first night at peoria. if tuff goes to lincoln sunday i know we hav'ta go!

CTR~ said:
i tell ya tuff was running good the last 2 weeks. his car hauls a$$ and realy looks good too. tim and i sat up by mrs. tuff and maw and pa tuff the first night at peoria. if tuff goes to lincoln sunday i know we hav'ta go!
well my ol man called someone to see if the quad is legal to run in lincoln because the rules say no but the dude sai that they opened that rule up to allow them because there were quite a few that wanted to run farmer city..so we are gonna do some more checking to make absolute sure

well i gotta get going i have to be to work at 10 so i need to put on my face so i dont scare anyone away...lol :p ill see ya tonight at the track...make sure you wait for me so we dont lose ya in the stands..also i wanna try to find $ bill ..id like to meet him also... :beerbang:

ok. yeah we'l call ya on the way to the track around 5: or so . have a good day at work! :)

You're gonna WHAT??????????????????????

Lisa............"Boob removal" is not,repeat NOT an option. If the Lord ever made anything more fun, He sure kept it to Himself.

About tonite, Got my sons Avalanche here to get worked on. If it gets done in time, I'll be there,some place around Larry Allen. If not. maybe go over to Spoon. Later...........................................BB

$bill if you make to peoria we'l C U . will either be in rookieracer21's pit or carcrazy's after the race. i've also got the news paper clipings to give to scott for the peoria oldtimeracers hall of fame.....we may hav'ta get lisa a booster seat fer the race car or she could wear her high heals, that'ed make her taller to reach the brake lol! i remember the night in 1973 when jim gerber drove the #88 hemi dodge charger one lap wide open on a bet, he set it side ways spun'em all the way around, maybe lisa could just do that and don't need no stinkin brake lol ,,,,, downsizzin the thinngies'ss would NOT be good idea :rolleyes:

Das right..................

Whutca need brakes for,anyway?????????????????????.................BB

Missed by 2 hrs.......................

....Rolled into Peoria at about 7 30 tonite. Dropped off the kids Avalanche atTHE SHOPS. By then too late to make the track......DAMMMM

But theres next week. Just one prob. Gedd Ross makes his e mod debut at Spoon. :eek: GRrrrrrrrrrrr I think I'll remove MY boobs.........................BB

bill we had a good visit with crumbo and the races were exciting! i think lisa shickle is going to be a factor in the late model when she gets some experence . she stayed out of trouble and didn't put a scratch on the car. man the shickles got some $$ in them 3 cars! Jr. broke something in the feature. he was fast as greased lightning again tonight...."till he broke.

UHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Lisa..................

....Yer not gonna scream and holler at us guys,are ya? :eek: :bigfight: hehehe But really.if you want to vent,go ahead. Folk like that psyco are hard to deal with. I can find enough people to run down,and never lie, even once. She gets on over there,and has good conversations with herself.Thats easy to see. Yer best bet,,,,,,,,,,,,Ignore the Hosebag :bleh:
.. Maybe I'll see you guys NEXT week. Never know.................................BB

meet

CTR~ said:
bill we had a good visit with crumbo and the races were exciting! i think lisa shickle is going to be a factor in the late model when she gets some experence . she stayed out of trouble and didn't put a scratch on the car. man the shickles got some $$ in them 3 cars! Jr. broke something in the feature. he was fast as greased lightning again tonight...."till he broke.

ctr was nice meeting you sorry we didnt finsh the race we had an upper control arm mount break he could have finish but i told the offical at the pit gate to radio down and tell john to bring it in better safe than having a major accident happen so we cant make lincoln today we will be there next week

Hi streetstock90 good meeting you also! i have seen you around the track but didn't make the conection who you were. yeah the car was working realy good till the arm broke, we saw there was a problem wondered what went wrong i came to the pits after race but didn't get much futher than steve's pit LOL then i needed to catch scott shults so i spent a while over talking to him. man the street stock class is going to be great this year!

$ bill said:
....Yer not gonna scream and holler at us guys,are ya? :eek: :bigfight: hehehe But really.if you want to vent,go ahead. Folk like that psyco are hard to deal with. I can find enough people to run down,and never lie, even once. She gets on over there,and has good conversations with herself.Thats easy to see. Yer best bet,,,,,,,,,,,,Ignore the Hosebag :bleh:
.. Maybe I'll see you guys NEXT week. Never know.................................BB
thanks $bill..im glad you understand...i just couldnt take anymore....and if a guy pi$$es me off youre damn skippy imma yell !!! lmao j/k...she is the only one i have a problem with...everything else is just racing... :beerbang:

CTR~ said:
good morning, howed the races at lincoln go last night?

it was ok ..me and the girls left early they were tired and hungry and i was just flat wore out....mu bill wants you for security in the stands :)

from readin the other boards, sound like the mods were great last night at lincoln. ray guss jr drove the 28c imca L/M last night in east moline and won his heat and finished 2nd in feature.... i talked to tim last night, he is bring jason to the races saturday in peoria. jas has never been to a race tim's excited bout that.

CTR~ said:
from readin the other boards, sound like the mods were great last night at lincoln. ray guss jr drove the 28c imca L/M last night in east moline and won his heat and finished 2nd in feature.... i talked to tim last night, he is bring jason to the races saturday in peoria. jas has never been to a race tim's excited bout that.
i tell ya that kirkland last night was just flippin awesome...im not kidding you when i tell you that he was coming off those corners on two wheels...we could see the bottom of his car on turns 2 and 3...very very impressive
i would LOVE to see him and cook jr race together...omg i wouldnt be able to handle the excitement..lol..but jr sure would give him a run for his money

Back
Top Bottom