I'M GLAD THERE'S AN ALTERNATIVE FROM 4M

Talk about cool, just watched the Moline weather, forecast is for freez tonight , temps. in mid 20's. Momma callin for me to help her cover flowers and garden plants, so ya'll have a good night and stay warm. :)

Yeah Right.........................

racincrazyjs7 said:
hey $bill...do they wanna sponsor a race car since they make a million dollars a year?? lol :D :growl:

Both are Ultrasound Techs, but they are the pooooooooooooorest folk :( you ever seen..... If I made about 30 bucks a hour, :eek: we'd have a real fast race car :growl: ..............................................BB

$ bill said:
Both are Ultrasound Techs, but they are the pooooooooooooorest folk :( you ever seen..... If I made about 30 bucks a hour, :eek: we'd have a real fast race car :growl: ..............................................BB
oh he!! yeah i would too !! i dont understand why the banks just dont GIVE us money for our cars...lmao :D :eek:

Yeah.......................

racincrazyjs7 said:
oh he!! yeah i would too !! i dont understand why the banks just dont GIVE us money for our cars...lmao :D :eek:

..........The SCUM..................................................BB :idunno:

No surprise.......................

Lap3Forever said:
I got blasted on 4m for posting something in the wrong spot, just last week.

That Hi5 guy is a Dirt Bag...............................BB :mad:

Whatchu up to............................

Lisa,You lookin to go Modified racin????????...........................BB

heck i've got over $4,000-- in the 383 in my streetrod. i'm suprised it didn't sell.

Yeah...But...........................

CTR~ said:
LOL i saw that thread, i had to laugh! Hi5 is a dumbazz! i get a kick out of him tellin gary cook sr. how to do things and gary has forgot more than hi5 will ever know,, right $bill? LOL and if he ever saw gary 345lbs. 6ft.6 inch he'd run off and hide LOL if you mess with gary cook sr. you better have packed a lunch! LOL

Ya gotta remember, He knows Mike Eddy. I know Mike Chasteen, and Eddie Bohlander. But not Mike Eddy. :D I'd LOVE to intro Mr5 to Gary sr. That would RULE :katts: ........................................BB

he!! lisa it's already got #7 on it !! all we need is $4,050:-- and you can just jump up to modified!! what do ya think bill? I got the $50:-- if you got the $4,000:-- we'l go get it :p

Nobody wants mods right now......................

CTR~ said:
heck i've got over $4,000-- in the 383 in my streetrod. i'm suprised it didn't sell.

.....In the back yard I've got a 2002 Pro Chassis Mod, with absolutely NO junk. Just roller, mind you. 8g tied up. Nobody even sniffed at 3700. Long rod 360. Carrilla kinda high dollar stuff. 10g invested (not by me) No takers at 3g....................Everybody wants it fer nuttin............................BB

$ bill said:
Ya gotta remember, He knows Mike Eddy. I know Mike Chasteen, and Eddie Bohlander. But not Mike Eddy. :D I'd LOVE to intro Mr5 to Gary sr. That would RULE :katts: ........................................BB

No kiddin!! $bill how did your weekend go? You went to spoonriver, right?

CTR~ said:
he!! lisa it's already got #7 on it !! all we need is $4,050:-- and you can just jump up to modified!! what do ya think bill? I got the $50:-- if you got the $4,000:-- we'l go get it :p

:growl: He77, I just told ya about a whole car........................BB :beerbang:

Yeah, I guess no one has any $$ and those that do want to spend it on new stuff from the machine shop.

Nope...................

CTR~ said:
No kiddin!! $bill how did your weekend go? You went to spoonriver, right?

Ended up in Springpatch. Took one of my girls out to supper. Left our Tahoe and brung her car back for some body work. Wish I had made Spoon tho. Jedd Ross did real for his first emod outing. (only 15)............................BB

Yeah i saw Jackie Willis at Lincoln sunday just talked to him for a minute. Cook jr. must have been running good! at spoonriver.

Momma's callin, wanting me to help her cover the flowers and garden stuff so I better get at it :p Weather man said one more night of frost for us. :rolleyes: We must'ov planted too early. My neighbor ia seed salesman, I talked to him this morning, he said lots of farmers lost their beans and corn that was just up. :( He said his ph. has been ringin off the hook today ppl needing seed to replant.

see ya later, have a good one :beerbang:

$ bill said:
Lisa,You lookin to go Modified racin????????...........................BB
he!! yeah id race a mod !! i think id kick a$$ in it !! i raced one two years ago at old timers day and came in 2nd place.....course there were only 4 cars in the race tho...lmao :D :D

welps, got my stuff covered up so they won't freez :cool: oh i know you cud run mod!!

Pardon me guys for butting into this conversation, but I just wanted to show you what they race down here for modifieds. 600+ horsepowered cars with 15 inch Hoosiers, all on asphalt and here in Winston Salem, they do this on a totally flat 1/4 mile track. We're talking real action here. :)

I do however, miss the old dirt action I used to watch all the time when I lived in Davenport. Haven't eaten any dirt since I moved down here in '95. How I remember those gritty chicken gizzards up in Dubuque. Hmmm, with a quart of beer and that action on the track, you couldn't get any better. :)

Attachments

• new81track.jpg
    new81track.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 162
buckaroo said:
Pardon me guys for butting into this conversation, but I just wanted to show you what they race down here for modifieds. 600+ horsepowered cars with 15 inch Hoosiers, all on asphalt and here in Winston Salem, they do this on a totally flat 1/4 mile track. We're talking real action here. :)

I do however, miss the old dirt action I used to watch all the time when I lived in Davenport. Haven't eaten any dirt since I moved down here in '95. How I remember those gritty chicken gizzards up in Dubuque. Hmmm, with a quart of beer and that action on the track, you couldn't get any better. :)

Hi buckaroo, how's it going? Not butting in by any means. I've injoyed talking with you about the old racers from the mid west on pm's. The mississippi valley fair board is continualy improving the facility there at Davenport, I miss pitting in the infield for the 1/2 mile races. It was probably a safty issue. They have installed new seats, scoreboard and improved the restrooms.Do you ever get to come back to Davenport? Ohhh yeah I remember the chicken gizzards at Dubuque.LOL!
;)

pretty awesome buckaroo , them look like bad boys to me. you can jump in anytime. your more than welcome.

CTR, thanks for the comments and the PM's as well. I seriously doubt that I'll get back up that way anytime soon. I have no family up there so it would have to be for something else. My vacation time I try to spend at the beach or in the Caribbean these days.

CC7, yep, these are bad boys for sure. They are the same cars that run in what was known as the Featherlite Tour run up in the northeast. These days, that tour is called the Whelan Modified Tour (North) and down here it's now the Whelan Southern Modified Tour. Some of the northerners come down this way to race now and then, but their tour has more bucks involved and as such, even though they want to race down here in NASCAR country, they make the bigger bucks up north. At the end of the year, there is a great tradition that was started a couple of years ago and that is the Annual North/South Shootout that is staged at the half-mile track at Concord Motorsports Park. The yanks normally whip the crap out of our southern boys, but again, most of that is because those boys up north have bigger sponsors and that gets results.

We do have the crate engine mods that run as the second tier at a few tracks down here, but again, they run on asphalt instead of dirt.

Yeah, Fer sure.........................

carcrazy7 said:
pretty awesome buckaroo , them look like bad boys to me. you can jump in anytime. your more than welcome.

.....If they let us Nuts on here,Why not you,buckaroo? Join the Insanity................... :partytime .........................BB

good morning fellas...how is everyone today? i was out in the garage making my little hornet-mobile look purty till late last night..and she looks awesome if i do say so myself.!! buckaroo...nice to meet you...i am lisa...im good buddies with carcrazy7 ctr and $bill...

It's nice to meet you too Lisa. I see you live in Peoria, er I mean East Peoria. Is Cat still on strike? :) Just a little humor there. The last time I lived up there, Cat was still on that forever strike. BTW, just for your info, I used to work at Farmall in Rock Island and I've been on a couple of those very long strikes. :( Anyway, never made it down to the tracks in your area. Mainly stuck with the tracks in Davenport, West Liberty, Duguque and Farley.

buckaroo said:
It's nice to meet you too Lisa. I see you live in Peoria, er I mean East Peoria. Is Cat still on strike? :) Just a little humor there. The last time I lived up there, Cat was still on that forever strike. BTW, just for your info, I used to work at Farmall in Rock Island and I've been on a couple of those very long strikes. :( Anyway, never made it down to the tracks in your area. Mainly stuck with the tracks in Davenport, West Liberty, Duguque and Farley.
well i used to live in peoria now i live in lincoln...and i hear ya about Cat...my dad worked at cat for years..they went on strike for two years...stuck by them ..the strike was over and they laid him off...so he got a job at a auto parts store..worked there a year made it into management...cat called him back so he quit the auto parts to go back to cat...he worked 6 weeks and they laid him off again...4 years later...yes 4...they called him back again and he told them to shove it..lol NOW if ya get hired at cat you have to work there 10 years beforew ya can get benefits...cat sucks...it certainly isnt what it used to be...

howdy everyone.... buckaroo , the south will rise again ! i'm a texan deep down !

Well all the BIG farm implement / construction equipment manuracturers are not what they use to be. My brother worked at Farmall in Rock Island,Il. untill they closed and I worked at Case in Rock Island then transfered to Burlington Case backhoe plant in 1987 when the R.I. Case plant closed. Then New Holland bought Case . They called it a murger but beleave me New Holland bought Case! They own 90% of the co. so you figure it out! LOL! CNH decided they wanted to send my job to mexico so I took early retirement in 2002. Lisa you are correct things are not what they once were! BOTTOM LINE period!

yea , CNH is a joke. i liked the people i worked with . but the company it'self is a joke. cat called me today and i have testing next thursday. hope i can remember to count still . hehehehehehe

carcrazy7 said:
yea , CNH is a joke. i liked the people i worked with . but the company it'self is a joke. cat called me today and i have testing next thursday. hope i can remember to count still . hehehehehehe

oh man! steve i wish you the best on the test! i'm sure you will do O.K.!
:)

be nice if i can do good. been outa school for 31 years ! yikes !!

school, that's that? LOL!! my major waz girls and sports, and i failed in both! :p

U got the ss sorted out for saturday night? i don't know if i'l make ot to peoria saturday or not just too much stuff to do, i got to work security at lincoln track. sunday, dang, i hope the moon ain't full again!! LOL man there is something to that saying about the full moon! i swear there is . every time it's a full moon ppl want to HOWL at it LOL!! I can't beleave a gown person can walk into a racing facility and read a sign that says in LARGE letters NO ALCOHOL allowed and have a bottel in their pocket. :p

Back
Top Bottom