INDY Las Vegas

425704451.jpg

This is who started it

This prick deserves to get his computer through his teeth, what a piece of ****

They can not make these guys go back out there. They are all upset and no way they can focus on a race right now. They just cut to my local news, you gotta be kidding me.

They can not make these guys go back out there. They are all upset and no way they can focus on a race right now. They just cut to my local news, you gotta be kidding me.

I don`t think anyone would expect or ask them to go back out there.

I just heard that he was in the race because of a Indy car promotion??

Yep $5 million dollars to a Indy car non regular driver to win the race.Since he lost his ride and didn't race every race this year he was considered a non-regular.

This 5 lap salute is a great idea.

Feel so bad for the Wheldon family.

As stupid as this sounds...Someone should do donuts. Dan would like that.

So very sad, but a part of the sport. I know there are those that will want to blame Indycar for the bonus money they put up as a non-regular driver to win this race, but dammit, Dan was a former champ and two time Indy 500 winner.

As sad as it may seem, I am sure that Dan died a happy man, doing something that, sadly, he hasnt been able to do this year.

They said Tags was his teammate. That means he was in a mouser car. they are an electronics retailer here in Mansfield. I buy all my elecs from them and one of my ex coworkers designs their car wraps and graphics. I will see tomorrow if the flags are half staff.

The 5 lap salute with the bag-pipes playing amazing grace really got me. :beerbang: RIP Dan. You will always be a champion.

Dan Wheldon's death has Tony Effen George's fingerprints all over it.

Sleep well, Mr. George...

Wonder if Vegas will be on IndyCar's schedule next year? If so will they do something equal to restrictor plates?

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Hopefully they will slow the new car down. Sad that Dan wont get to race a car he helped develop. Not sure how to slow them down though.

Like dad said, the way the SAFER barrier is, you have all the holes between it and the wall. When the car went upside down, the fence tore away the intake, and that is all that really protects the driver's head. Once Dan's head was exposed, you have the top of the wall and the styroblocks to miss. So....

we as fans should never forget that the racers we watch and love/hate are sons/daughters, fathers/mothers, and friends to many. they are just as human as you and i. and as much as i love all forms of racing, the scar of death seriously effects me everytime.

R.I.P. Mr. Wheldon

And all drivers understand the risk when they strap on the helmet,

Still doesn't make this tragedy any easier to digest...

And all drivers understand the risk when they strap on the helmet,

Still doesn't make this tragedy any easier to digest...

Yes they do and no it doesn't but we should all try to keep in mind that their jobs are also our entertainment.

RIP, Wheldon.

I have to say Marty Reid as well as Cheever and Goodyear did a good professional job with the coverage.

This they did. Marty has had to do it several times in NHRA (I think he was in the booth for the John Force accident?)

This they did. Marty has had to do it several times in NHRA (I think he was in the booth for the John Force accident?)

Yeah, I know alot of people dont care for his play by play analysis but he is very professional. I couldnt hear what Randy Bernard was saying but just hearing Marty Reid say I am sorry I have to say it but we have lost Dan Wheldon I felt like I got punched right in the stomach.

Indycar racing was going to be alot differant starting next year, I bet we will see alot more safety improvements during this off season that they were more than likely not going to attend to this year after today.

these ovals are too small for the speeds of these cars. Indy is one thing but banked 1.5 mile ovals just invites problems.
RIP DAN

Back
Top Bottom