is chase elliot flirting with becoming a bust?

Jimmie Johnson's race by race results:
DNF 19 11 9 21 15 1 1 11 8 24 17 1 DNF 10 13 12 DNF 10 DNF DNF 29
in bold are his top ten results
and the last nine races have been pretty anonymous for him by his standards
but that's looking up! :rolleyes:

and I don't even have to talk about poor Kasey Kahne, the other half of the team in the playoffs. I will be thrilled if he gets past the first round.

Me, impatient? Nah, more like just seeing the obvious. Carry on.
you should have looked at Johnson's stats from last year. JJ and Chad don't get too excited until it is title time.

Chase will be fine. Hampered a bit because all of Hendrick seems to be a step behind Gibbs, SHR and Penske. And he is popular just because he has inherited many of his dads fans. And will add to it as I think he will be the recipient of most of Jr's fans. He runs up front. He's right there. Just hasn't quite gotten over the him yet.
Why you put SHR in the mix?? That team is nothing without Harvick's CC.

1 win erases this entire thread. So what does that say about how much of a "bust" he is? He'll have a win soon enough (possibly even this week) to go along with some pretty stellar numbers in every other category.

1 win erases this entire thread. So what does that say about how much of a "bust" he is? He'll have a win soon enough (possibly even this week) to go along with some pretty stellar numbers in every other category.
he don't need a freakin win. It would be nice, but Elliott gets all he can out of what he is driving right now. He will be fast at Michigan I bet, qualify well if Hendrick brings speed and they usually do there.

Jimmie Johnson's race by race results:
DNF 19 11 9 21 15 1 1 11 8 24 17 1 DNF 10 13 12 DNF 10 DNF DNF 29
in bold are his top ten results
and the last nine races have been pretty anonymous for him by his standards
but that's looking up! :rolleyes:

and I don't even have to talk about poor Kasey Kahne, the other half of the team in the playoffs. I will be thrilled if he gets past the first round.

Me, impatient? Nah, more like just seeing the obvious. Carry on.

he don't need a freakin win. It would be nice, but Elliott gets all he can out of what he is driving right now. He will be fast at Michigan I bet, qualify well if Hendrick brings speed and they usually do there.

He will probably win Michigan and shut everyone up haha

Those cars are not that good right now so he's done great

In my humble opinion, Chase Elliott *is* flirting with something busty...

Chase-Elliott-Hooters.jpg

I don't dislike Chase, he seems humble and good-hearted. But a poor man's Mark Martin. Don't ever see him winning a championship (or 2nd a bunch of times) let alone winning 50 races.

Chase really did get buried at Watkins Glenn by a really bad pit call. But I have seen him many more times move up during the race. They all make mistakes and stuff happens on pit road. I haven't seen Chase get any racing luck either this year.

I'm not a Hendrick fan.......... but..... I'm betting Chase will be driving the flagship car for them when Jimmie retires..... Chase will be just fine... he's had good mentoring and really hasn't come into his own yet....... It's coming.

the 2018 Chevy is coming out tomorrow. I will be disappointed if they haven't picked up on the yota's front end tricks.

Chase really did get buried at Watkins Glenn by a really bad pit call.
FWIW, Larry Mac said it was the right call for Chase's points racing situation, and running out of gas with 30 cars on the lead lap would have been a disaster. I don't remember it myself, just passing along another viewpoint. He was talking about which teams needed to throw hail marys to make it into the playoffs, and which teams had to avoid the downside.

FWIW, Larry Mac said it was the right call for Chase's points racing situation, and running out of gas with 30 cars on the lead lap would have been a disaster. I don't remember it myself, just passing along another viewpoint. He was talking about which teams needed to throw hail marys to make it into the playoffs, and which teams had to avoid the downside.
I was talking about at the front of the race Chase and Larson were out front, top 5 and they were the only ones who stayed out. Everybody else got fuel and tires. Elliott had to come in halfway thru the stage and from then on was buried in the pack.After that Larson missed the bus stop and really ruined his day

you should have looked at Johnson's stats from last year. JJ and Chad don't get too excited until it is title time.

I have done that. Impressive stuff. However, since I looked back at his stats, the two years prior to that weren't so good. Texas aside. Texas is HIS place. :D

No, not really. No explanation needed. Imo, he's having a down season compared to his others. Sure seems to irritate you that I think so.

I like the guy, but I'm not going to say that he's doing well when he's not. Geez.

I'm neither irritated nor a fan of Johnson.

He's won 3 times. He's in the playoff. He's Jimmie Johnson.

And your response to the number 7 indicates that it flew right by you.

Ok. Like I said.

I will say he is doing well when he is doing well.

So do I.

Don't know about you, but I've watched every race this year. Hadn't seen Jimmie up front since Sonoma. 7 time champ, 3 time winner this season, in the playoffs, is Jimmie Johnson. Doesn't mean Jimmie Johnson will necessarily become Eight-Time. (but it's a nice thought)

Sorry for not realizing what you meant earlier, by the way. Chalk that one up to getting up earlier than I've been throughout the last two months and going to college this morning. ;)

:) Fyi, I'm in for graphic design... maybe one day I can come up with sick paint schemes for these cars... ;)

Ok. Like I said.

I will say he is doing well when he is doing well.
Jimmie's actually right about the same place he was this time last year. He currently has 3 wins and is 11th in points, same time last year he had 2 wins and was 10th in points. And we know how last year turned out for him.

Jimmie's actually right about the same place he was this time last year. He currently has 3 wins and is 11th in points, same time last year he had 2 wins and was 10th in points. And we know how last year turned out for him.

Good point. It never ceases to worry me when he starts retiring or fading a lot, though. This won't surprise you or aunty_d, but... tbh, I was not thinking he would be a factor in The Chase last year for the same reason. :rolleyes:

So I'm gonna shut up. :p

Good point. It never ceases to worry me when he starts retiring or fading a lot, though. This won't surprise you or aunty_d, but... tbh, I was not thinking he would be a factor in The Chase last year for the same reason. :rolleyes:

So I'm gonna shut up. :p
I learned a while back to never count out the 48. ;)

I learned a while back to never count out the 48. ;)

Yeah, I keep making that mistake. My Uncle Jesse, if he ever creates a profile on here, would probably tell you the same thing. We've gone back-and-forth about JJ a few times. :D

I root for three drivers.
MTJ
JJ
KuBu
In that order.
Obviously, MTJ has been taking it all this year. I WANT IT TO KEEP HAPPENING. ;) Especially since he's been the underdog for much of his career.
I also want Chase to win at some point so that this thread will be irrelevant. ;)

My point is, if you do not have top five pace every week, then how can you expect to make it to the final four, much less add to that win tally? The only thing going for Jimmie is his tendency to come alive during the last 10 races of the year, but he has had some struggles in them the last few years as well. Last year was the sole year the #48 team executed well during that stretch.

On the other hand, young Chase Elliott has been running better overall, and has come close to several wins. He had a shot Sunday until Alan G bungled it. Chase has had more top tens and top fives so far. He's out-driven two of his experienced team-mates by a long-shot, and JJ has been the only one who has been somewhat comparable.

HARDLY A BUST ;)

Jimmie will likely have top 5 playoff points by the time the chase starts. And using his summer speed as a predictor to their chase performance...seriously?

They had bad luck in 2014 and 2015. Both those chases he was fast.

Nonetheless, grasping for straws on both ends, frankly.

Yeah, I keep making that mistake. My Uncle Jesse, if he ever creates a profile on here, would probably tell you the same thing. We've gone back-and-forth about JJ a few times. :D

I root for three drivers.
MTJ
JJ
KuBu
In that order.
Obviously, MTJ has been taking it all this year. I WANT IT TO KEEP HAPPENING. ;) Especially since he's been the underdog for much of his career.
I also want Chase to win at some point so that this thread will be irrelevant. ;)

Ahhh, so THAT's what it is. I get it, if we can convince ourselves the 48 struggles, there is a greater hope our guy with a dominant season can get it done.

If they are both in the f4, and racing for the win with 10 to go, we all know who is gonna come out on top.

Back
Top Bottom