is chase elliot flirting with becoming a bust?

Jimmie will likely have top 5 playoff points by the time the chase starts. And using his summer speed as a predictor to their chase performance...seriously?

They had bad luck in 2014 and 2015. Both those chases he was fast.

Nonetheless, grasping for straws on both ends, frankly.

Not really, I only remember him being fast at Texas both years and mostly everywhere else he was just another guy, so to speak.

Your following post seems a bit silly. You act as if it is just me that has watched the races and noticed the lack of results from the 48 camp recently.
Um, no kidding in regards to the fact that I hope MTJ gets it done, but as far as both of them reaching the final four goes, well first, Jimmie and crew have got to show that they have as fast a car as Truex does to get there in the first place, don't they? He's got JGR (excluding Suarez, atm), and their affiliates to overcome, as well as potentially the Fords. Among the Fords - I hate to say it - Keselowski is the man to beat. The way I see it, Jimmie being in the final four is, as you actually put it, an if. ;) I notice you brought up his playoff points, too. They are no good if he does not build on them, just like Truex's 34 points are no good if he goofs up his playoffs. The way I see it, Chevy is third among the three manufacturers right now. It is clear that Toyota (see StandOnIt's posts) have found an advantage. Was anybody disagreeing on here when it was being said that they were struggling and their flagship team was winless? I bet not. Oh, and you know who happens to drive for them? :rolleyes:
Ford has also been looking pretty racy lately, too. They're the only manufacturer who can say that three of their teams have won recently. KK has been the only Chevy driver to win within the last month or so, and we all know he had some unique circumstances heading into that victory.

I'm going to be a bit objective here and consider what you said, too. Okay, so I will say JJ isn't struggling. He and Chad could very well be experimenting and what not, as it's been said they have before. Maybe they are waiting for the playoffs to begin their rise. Whether they are or not, Chevy as a whole has not been on top lately. You've noticed, haven't you? Larson hasn't had good run lately. Have you seen him around much lately? It's been a month since Big Mac was in the top ten. Seems to have stalled a bit, huh? Still waiting for Kasey to build on that win; I hope he does. Poor Dale is definitely struggling. No saying otherwise!
Chase has been decent, might have a shot Sunday, might point Chevy in the right direction... ? On the flip side, RCR is still garbage, imo. All the other Chevy's I haven't named haven't been relevant.
So, if JJ isn't struggling like you say, then Chevy must be. They were on top of the standings; now, Ford is on top, and Toyota is closing in fast, and the races are telling the story each and every weekend. ;)

I apologize in advance for going off on a tangent in this thread. Not sure how this forum is about that, still kinda new here... if it's against the rules, let me know. :)

Hyped for Michigan. Looks like it's wide open; several different drivers could win including our boy Chase Elliott. Michigan and Pocono stand out to me for having a diverse range of winners. Come to think of it, so does New Hampshire. It's weird how some tracks are one man's wheelhouse, and then some of them are squabbled over pretty well. They seem to have certainly favored the new guys, like Larson, Blaney, Elliott, and Suarez. :D

nothing to apologize for IMO. Johson and Chad have "played" every chase, playoffs what ever you call it since the first one. When Opportunity knocks, Johnson usually doesn't make many mistakes. Saw it recently at Indy, if his car didn't lay down on him, it wouldn't have been Kahne in victory lane. Same thing at Homestead last year. So I don't ever count Jimmie out. They might be older, might even be a bit slower, he is in the playoffs and that is all that matters to that team IMO. They championship hunt at this time in their careers.

I don't like him either way, but I don't think we should judge him just yet. Look how long it took Larson to get a win.

I don't like him either way, but I don't think we should judge him just yet. Look how long it took Larson to get a win.
Curious when you say you don't like him if you just mean that you don't root for him? There aren't many drivers I truly dislike, but when I do it's usually reserved for the Kyle Busch's of the sport.

Curious when you say you don't like him if you just mean that you don't root for him? There aren't many drivers I truly dislike, but when I do it's usually reserved for the Kyle Busch's of the sport.
Think about it you'll figure it out.

No Chase would have done well in 2014's Monster car. He won xfinity tile in similar car.

It's something about him that rid me that I can't put my finger on.

Chase has to get rid of that goose egg next year.
He needs to win a few next year. Damn good season this year though, pretty sure he would have won Martinsville if not for...Hamlin. But hopefully Chase gets 2-4 wins next year and a deep playoff run

Bust boy finished 5th in points in his 2nd year with 0 wins and a 6.6 avg. finish in the playoffs.

:waver:

Yeah and that's an average finish of 6.6 after being taken out at Martinsville where he likely finishes no worse that third, and was sort of taken out at Talladega, where he likely finishes in the top five considering how few cars were still running at the time. As far as I'm concerned, ONLY Truex impressed more than Chase in the playoffs.

In the final 4 prediction thread I said he'd win 2 in the playoffs and make the final. He damn near did it.

As long as he puts himself in position the way he did these 10 races, there's no doubt he'll have multiple wins next year.

As long as he puts himself in position the way he did these 10 races, there's no doubt he'll have multiple wins next year.
That's how the saying goes, being up front consistently puts one in position for wins. They will come. How many times was Kyle Busch in contention this season before he got his first W of 2017? Good cars run up front and when the stars align, they end up in victory lane. Chase's time will come.

In the final 4 prediction thread I said he'd win 2 in the playoffs and make the final. He damn near did it.

I'm really surprised Chase hasn't won a Cup race yet.

Having said that, if he wins less than 3 races next year I'll be shocked.

I'm really surprised Chase hasn't won a Cup race yet.

Having said that, if he wins less than 3 races next year I'll be shocked.
Gonna have to split them with the 48, the 42, and the Toyota's. How strong will the 88 be? Gonna be interesting.

Gonna have to split them with the 48, the 42, and the Toyota's. How strong will the 88 be? Gonna be interesting.
I'm really hoping Bowman does well next year. I think he's kind of getting lost in the Elliott and Byron hype. It'd be cool if Bowman comes out and does better than both of them.

I'm really hoping Bowman does well next year. I think he's kind of getting lost in the Elliott and Byron hype. It'd be cool if Bowman comes out and does better than both of them.

Nothing would make me happier than to see him be on equal footing with Elliott and Byron. I think a lot of people here have kind of disrespected and dissed the job he did in the 88 last year.

In 2017, the #24 team was able to unload off the truck with speed nearly every week and especially in the last 10 races.

Here’s hoping those same group of engineers and Alan can keep the trend going in 2018. Theres only so much a driver can do.

Nothing would make me happier than to see him be on equal footing with Elliott and Byron. I think a lot of people here have kind of disrespected and dissed the job he did in the 88 last year.
Yeah, Phoenix last year was a crime. Bowman had it won and got Kenseth'd. I can imagine Matt calling him after the race... "Show Man, this is Matt. I'm really sorry I wrecked you. I saw that '88' on your door and for a moment I thought it said '22' so I did what I had to do. Sorry."

Just kidding. Actually, I think Matt was trying to intimidate Alex and steal a win. I think Matt assumed Alex would back off and yield.

Well technically he finished highest in points for Chevy, but yeah I would agree Kyle had a better year just more DNF's when it went sideways.

I am going to be watching Hendrick Motorsports as a whole next year. Their driver line-up excites me. Chase is going to get his first few wins, hands down.
Also looking for Logano and JJ to rebound from bad years.

Sure is a youth movement over there compared to just two years ago.

You had Jeff, Jimmy, JR, and Kasey all in their 40's. Now You have a 3 millennials and Jimmy o_O Sure should make for an exciting team with the new ZL1's

i know there are a lot of chase elliot fans. but the 24 car is now on a longer losing streak than any other hendrick car. a win looked like a sure thing just weeks into last season. honestly, there was a clan all over the web week to week promising the upcoming win that could be any race. this is the week chase gets his first. and i thought so too. but we have seen kyle larson go from 0 career wins to 3 career wins in that time. we have seen ryan blaney emerge to be on the same level as chase and perhaps even a bit above it for now. we see erik jones pretty much performing on par with elliot week to week...but jones doesn't know how to keep the nose clean just yet. we see stenhouse getting multiple wins. dillon has won. newman. kahne. many surprise winners....but the one everyone was expecting is the one who hasn't figured it out yet. chase has certainly had capable cars. earlier this season and all of last season. his speed has been lacking lately and i know he's running in the p8-p12 range. that's what concerns me. the 24 team didn't capitalize on the speed they had last year and early this seaosn. now it isn't there and it seems their chances of pulling off the win from week to week are regressing. still plenty of racing this season....but what if the year ends with chase elliot still winless for his career? he has one of the two most iconic cars on the track...so it's very well funded. gustafson isn't the idiot everyone claims he is...not the greatest, but capable of bringing a winning car and calling a winning race.

how long until chase elliot breaks through? how long until he faces critique and the doubters start speaking up? i know his ride is relatively secure...but i'm sure everyone in the nascar nation expects that kid to pile up some wins. could you see him falling short of expectations and maybe being a guy who doesn't reach 10 career wins?
No he is not. Damn the kids been in Cup for two years. Give him a chance.

I still think JJ will announce his retirement tour next year. Lowes contract ends after the'18 season and JR will have a new kid ready.Johnson's spot in the HOF is already reserved. 8 might be super but 7 puts him in mighty good company.

Chase was cursed in the 24 he'll win multitudes of victories next year in the 9.

I still think JJ will announce his retirement tour next year. Lowes contract ends after the'18 season and JR will have a new kid ready.Johnson's spot in the HOF is already reserved. 8 might be super but 7 puts him in mighty good company.

Who does JR Motorsports have coming up that could hop in the #48?

If Johnson retires after 2018, I can see Hendrick poaching someone else from the Toyota camp. I wouldn't be shocked to see someone like Christopher Bell in the #48 in 2019.

If Johnson retires after 2018, I can see Hendrick poaching someone else from the Toyota camp. I wouldn't be shocked to see someone like Christopher Bell in the #48 in 2019.
You mean if he retires after the 2020 season, he signed an extension to stay at HMS through the 2020 season.

I don't understand how this "stuff" get's started. It has to be legacy haters that still hate his dad, for real, or imagined, reasons. The naysayers have been trying to make him a looser, before he ever started. I'm not a fan of his, or his dad, but I have more respect for him than I did six months ago. He has the skills, if you can't see that, I can't help you. Remember, I am the resident retard here, and IMRetardedO Chase, and Byron, could be this generations Petty Vs. Allison. Remember Junior, and Kyle Petty, are serious busts, if you try and compare them to their fathers. Some day some of you will wonder how you couldn't see the talent that is there. He is not his father, (thank God) but when all is said and done, he will stand tall on his own. He may not be as successful as dad was, but very few will achieve that level success, no matter what name they have.

I believe I saw that Tyler Reddick will replace Willy B in the 9 They also have a kid Josh Berry who has won a lot of late model races Who have they poached from Trdota?

I believe I saw that Tyler Reddick will replace Willy B in the 9 They also have a kid Josh Berry who has won a lot of late model races Who have they poached from Trdota?
is this a loaded question or what? Hendrick signed Byron who was racing tor KDB in the trucks.

Back
Top Bottom