It's Monster

I LOVE LOVE purple NOS. I think monster makes it?

EDIT
Per wikipedia yes they do!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOS_(drink)

NOS Energy Drink is an energy drink sold in 16 and 24oz cans. The drink was also once distributed in a bottle designed to look like a NOS (Nitrous Oxide Systems) cartridge. This was discontinued in 2015. Formerly a property of The Coca-Cola Company,[1] it is currently produced by Monster Beverage and licensed by Holley Performance, which owns the trademark. NOS contains high levels of taurine and caffeine, but differs in its inclusion of large amounts of L-Theanine. NOS Energy is currently available in Original, Sugar Free, Charged Citrus, Cherried Out, GT Grape, and Rowdy.[2]

Damn! After reading a lot of these posts I have come to the conclusion that maybe Monster might have made a mistake by sponsoring Nascar. It doesn't sound like fans want Monsters money in their series.
:D

Damn! After reading a lot of these posts I have come to the conclusion that maybe Monster might have made a mistake by sponsoring Nascar. It doesn't sound like fans want Monsters money in their series.
I have not objections to Monster's money (or almost anyone else's). I'm trying to figure out what's in it for them. Do they think they can get the existing NASCAR audience to start buying their products? NASCAR fans do have strong product allegiance buying patterns.

Do they plan to attract their current fan base to NASCAR? Why bother? Those fans are already drinking their product.

As a fan I welcome a series sponsor's money, but I can't figure out what that they hope to gain.

Hey, not this fan. A sponsor's money poured into the sport is fine with me.

Just don't ask me to buy any -- much less drink it.
And for the record, I never smoked Winstons, used Nextel or Sprint, either. :D

Same here, but I do buy Monster by the case. It's slowly replacing coffee as my caffeine of choice.

Same here, but I do buy Monster by the case. It's slowly replacing coffee as my caffeine of choice.
Do you drink it in the AM? I used to drink a few NOS or monsters driving taxi

Do you drink it in the AM? I used to drink a few NOS or monsters driving taxi

My days are super long, so it's coffee in the morning and a Monster on my way home. Prefer the sugar free varieties, mourn the loss of the Green Tea Rehab.

It's been some time ago but I dealt with NAPA a bit. Made the acquaintance of a few of the counter people. A couple of 'em guzzled Mountain Dew Code Red. The same ones may be into the energy stuff now.

Monster will be the first top series sponsor whose product I actually have consumed. I've never smoked, and have never had my cell service through Nextel or Sprint.

I have not objections to Monster's money (or almost anyone else's). I'm trying to figure out what's in it for them. Do they think they can get the existing NASCAR audience to start buying their products? NASCAR fans do have strong product allegiance buying patterns.

Do they plan to attract their current fan base to NASCAR? Why bother? Those fans are already drinking their product.

As a fan I welcome a series sponsor's money, but I can't figure out what that they hope to gain.

Did we not already go over this and I touched upon conquest marketing?

They want everybody to know Monster. They want to drill it into everybody's head that Monster exists and is associated with cool stuff. They gravitate toward motorsports. NASCAR is the most popular form of motorsport in the US. It's a no brainer for them to get into this.

Did we not already go over this and I touched upon conquest marketing?

They want everybody to know Monster. They want to drill it into everybody's head that Monster exists and is associated with cool stuff. They gravitate toward motorsports. NASCAR is the most popular form of motorsport in the US. It's a no brainer for them to get into this.
If we did, I missed the post. Your position sounds to me like they're more interested in trying to develop the existing NASCAR audience, as opposed to drawing existing Monster buyers to the sport. Assuming I'm reading you correctly, there's nothing wrong with that approach, but I don't see how coming here equates to their current customers automatically following. (I certainly have no objections if they do.) Do their customers think that since Monster being associated with cool stuff, that EVERYTHING Monster is associated with is automatically and by default cool?

Maybe I'm losing some of that one semester of marketing from 20 years ago. Maybe the field has evolved since. Likely both.

From the HMS website...

Eligibility for the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup
The top 15 drivers with the most wins over the first 26 races will earn a spot in the NASCAR Chase Grid – provided they have finished in the top 30 in points and attempted to qualify for every race (except in rare instances). The 16th Chase position will go to the points leader after race No. 26, if he/she does not have a victory. In the event that there are 16 or more different winners over 26 races, the only winless driver who can earn a Chase Grid spot would be the points leader after 26 races.
Thanks. So the points leader already gets a prize. They just want to make it a bigger prize????

Ideally Nascar would not have a title sponsor as the more money you take the more beholden you become.

Winston tastes good like a cigarette should.
While I was a smoker during some of Winston's reign, I was never a Winston cigarette smoker. However, I never refused a free carton @ the track. During the 10 day period after, or at least as long as the carton lasted, I was a huge Winston cigarette fan. I'm only sorry that Nextel/Sprint couldn't have carried on the tradition of giving away their product for free.

The same way Monster tastes good like an energy drink should. ;)

If I am going to drink something that is not good for me I will stick with good old fashioned black coffee as I like it and I don't need a loan to by a cup like I do some cans of energy drinks. I can only imagine what an energy drink would do to my adult ADHD or as we called it hyperactivity.

If I am going to drink something that is not good for me I will stick with good old fashioned black coffee as I like it and I don't need a loan to by a cup like I do some cans of energy drinks. I can only imagine what an energy drink would do to my adult ADHD or as we called it hyperactivity.

The caffiene levels in energy drinks really arent much higher than coffee. For instance a 5 Hour Energy shot literally has as much caffiene as one cup of coffee yet is percieved as being more. And you can get two cans of Monster for $4 which is about what it costs to get a cup of coffee at Dunkin Donuts.

The caffiene levels in energy drinks really arent much higher than coffee. For instance a 5 Hour Energy shot literally has as much caffiene as one cup of coffee yet is percieved as being more. And you can get two cans of Monster for $4 which is about what it costs to get a cup of coffee at Dunkin Donuts.

The caffeine levels are lower than coffee, more than soda. In reality, nutritionally speaking sugared energy drinks are very comparable to soda, and sugar-free ones to diet soda. Energy drinks usually contain B vitamins, the actual value of which ingesting that way is unclear. There is some concern that beyond caffeine, energy drinks contain other stimulants like guarana, ginseng, and taurine. A normal relatively healthy adult is not going to be adversely affected by these substances unless they over-consume. I know people with energy drink habits, and I have never seen anyone pound energy drink after energy drink the way I see some guys do with soda, beer, etc.

They are not 'good' for you, and people who consume them including me would technically be better off if we just drank water, green tea, etc. But I believe the harm is exaggerated when you view it relative to what people eat and drink generally.

Can someone help me out with what truly healthy beverages have ever been a sponsor in NASCAR? Gatorade has too much sugar. I seem to recall Tropicana being a sponsor for a while, and if consumed in moderation, real fruit juice is certainly fine.

Was surprisingly good. I drink energy drinks all the time and figured I'd give it a try. Had more of a lemonade taste with a tea aftertaste. Better than most bottled teas in my opinion.

I only drink the Monster Rehab and Rockstar Recovery ones. I liked one of the old Amp flavors that got discontinued.

Was surprisingly good. I drink energy drinks all the time and figured I'd give it a try. Had more of a lemonade taste with a tea aftertaste. Better than most bottled teas in my opinion.

I had my first Rehab when Monster was at a car show I went to a couple years ago and they had two girls giving out some free product. It's been my go-to energy drink since.

Rockstar Recovery (as mentioned above) is also very good. If you like one then you'll probably like the other.

That may come off as brash and arrogant, but it's true in many ways. And the "retaining existing fans" ship has already sailed. NASCAR needs a new attitude and direction, and that confidence is needed from their new marketing partner.

I think Monster will go the way of Xgames, in your face, danger, boys have it it sort of thing. I dont think they will discourage passion from the drivers either...be punches or aggressive driving.

Edit....

Maybe monster will bring back victory lane kisses.... what say you @Greg ? :D

BUT....what will they do when Danica wins?

Back
Top Bottom