jayski

In general I think younger people gravitate toward ESPN more than people in my age group. Of course there are always exceptions but if my theory is correct ESPN is positioning itself well. It doesn’t matter what product you are selling because if you don’t have new customers in the pipeline your future is very grim.

The problem with that is that as a rule, the younger generation refuses to pay the premium prices ESPN commands. These people are same ones having a cow over the $2 increase on Netflix.

Pretty good article, written by somebody who usually does a parrot job on what is already known
Yet Another NASCAR Tradition Seems To Have Run Its Course

Jay Adamczyk, known far and wide around NASCAR as Jayski, tells me that he is looking for a new home for his stock-car website, which was dropped without much warning by ESPN.com in January after nearly 12 years. He plans to retire, though he says he could still work part-time.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveca...or-yet-another-nascar-tradition/#5bcd198e443e

Pretty good article, written by somebody who usually does a parrot job on what is already known
Yet Another NASCAR Tradition Seems To Have Run Its Course

Jay Adamczyk, known far and wide around NASCAR as Jayski, tells me that he is looking for a new home for his stock-car website, which was dropped without much warning by ESPN.com in January after nearly 12 years. He plans to retire, though he says he could still work part-time.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveca...or-yet-another-nascar-tradition/#5bcd198e443e

All I wanna know is if he will provide links to ESPN stories from reposted tweets? With ESPN following Nascar closely there could be some good information. I had a guy tell me that recently.

Yeah, its great that he wants to try and keep his site alive .
Jayski continues to live on twitter, apparently ESPN wasn't able to drop that and it continues to be a source of Nascar news. Hope he got to keep all of the data he has gathered, that would be nice if somebody starts another website.

Jayski continues to live on twitter, apparently ESPN wasn't able to drop that and it continues to be a source of Nascar news. Hope he got to keep all of the data he has gathered, that would be nice if somebody starts another website.

Twitter killed Jayski. If Jayski provided a unique service I could see there being a demand for its services.

Twitter killed Jayski. If Jayski provided a unique service I could see there being a demand for its services.
ESPN's last format change a couple of years ago killed Jayski, at least for me. I don't use Twitter, but I stopped visiting Jayski within a few weeks of the format change.

UPDATE: The original layout was never very polished, but it was efficient and useful.

Jayski had twitter and the data before ESPN did their gobble up hatchet job, something they have continued to shoot themselves in the foot with, something sharp deathbedder's are having a field day with lately. All Jayski needs is a place to combine their data and twitter accounts with, but it sounds like Jayski's getting older and only wants to participate in a part time basis..time will tell if it comes back. Somebody might be able to make a buck with it

The dumbest one of all is the Fox site. They have nothing but vid clips, it has to be a disaster for phone users with data plans, and it is clunky for ones that don't. They hired Pockrass a talented writer, but he doesn't have any place to plunk an article on it. They hired Harvick and there isn't any announcement on their own website.o_O They did have a good area racetrax that kept race data, but the didn't archive it.

My guess is ESPN.com's NASCAR coverage will be nothing more than copy and paste stuff from Associated Press that you can find on any other generic sports site. They figure people will still read it if ESPN.com is where those people go for their sports news. They don't have a vested interest in NASCAR for the time being. That may change again if they find themselves in line for the next television contract, but that's many years off yet for them to care about it short term.

My guess is ESPN.com's NASCAR coverage will be nothing more than copy and paste stuff from Associated Press that you can find on any other generic sports site. They figure people will still read it if ESPN.com is where those people go for their sports news. They don't have a vested interest in NASCAR for the time being. That may change again if they find themselves in line for the next television contract, but that's many years off yet for them to care about it short term.
They are hemorrhaging money losses, good thing they are part of a mega conglomerate, they would be long gone before now.

I never liked the ESPN format, but Jayski seemed happy enough with ESPN from the start, He was better able to report, but that seemed to be gradually squeezed out. Still like the "Silly Season' concept.

Anyone have any ideas where I can find these PDF's to print so I can take to the track this weekend?

1)Gander,Xfinity,Cup weekend entries
2)Weekend schedule of events
3)Scanner Frequencies
4)point standings for each group

Anyone have any ideas where I can find these PDF's to print so I can take to the track this weekend?

1)Gander,Xfinity,Cup weekend entries
2)Weekend schedule of events
3)Scanner Frequencies
4)point standings for each group
Get #1 Cup here https://www.mrn.com/2019/02/18/2019-folds-of-honor-quiktrip-500-entry-list/

Xfinity here https://www.mrn.com/2019/02/18/2019-rinnai-250-entry-list-atlanta/

Trucks here https://www.mrn.com/2019/02/18/2019-atlanta-truck-series-entry-list-nascar/

Hotrod: private message me how I can reach you as I have access to get you 1, 2 & 4 as soon as they come out. I usually get the schedule of events weeks in advance (right now I have them through Phoenix).

Jayski Posted an Update
renderTimingPixel.png

An update has been posted on jayski.com:

The site will not be updated for a while. Hope are to restart the site elsewhere by April 2019 depending on interest. Take care and go NASCAR!!!

And there is a little more info here: http://www.espn.com/jayski/pages/story/_/id/18713689/contact-jayski

The Jayski.com site is currently in limbo. ... The hope is to reclaim Jayski.com and restart it in some form with another company around April 2019.

Rumor is that Jay wont be a part of it, he is ready to retire, it would be Scott and Amanda running it, Scott has been posting on Reddit .

Jayski Posted an Update
renderTimingPixel.png

An update has been posted on jayski.com:

The site will not be updated for a while. Hope are to restart the site elsewhere by April 2019 depending on interest. Take care and go NASCAR!!!

And there is a little more info here: http://www.espn.com/jayski/pages/story/_/id/18713689/contact-jayski

The Jayski.com site is currently in limbo. ... The hope is to reclaim Jayski.com and restart it in some form with another company around April 2019.

Rumor is that Jay wont be a part of it, he is ready to retire, it would be Scott and Amanda running it, Scott has been posting on Reddit .

https://twitter.com/SLPAGE

level 1
Scott Page
jayskiscott
59 points · 4 hours ago

I'm not going to break any news here yet, but the development of the site going completely down over the weekend could be a positive step in the long run. We are one step ahead of where we have been for the last month. I don't have anything I can say for certain because I don't know what's going to happen for certain, but you may not have seen the last of us. I've been promising the moderators an AMA and been putting it off because I was waiting for something to develop. However, it might be a good time to explain things a little more. I will see if we can set something up this week.

Scott Page
This might be the most I can say at this time. I can confirm some of what's being said. ESPN has told Jay that they are returning the domain, the Jayski trademark, and the rights to the site back to him. Obviously, these things take time and they move slow, so that hasn't all happened yet. However, once we have control of the domain we can do with it as we want again. We would like to restart the site. We've had a lot of interest from people, but nothing certain yet. It takes quite of bit of resources to host a site with that much traffic and bring on three people to run it. I will say that I have told everyone I have talked to that I want to bring the site back closer to it's old look....lots of yellow. With that said, a lot will depend on where we host, what kind of content management system we have to use, etc. There will be some things that will just be out of our control in order for someone to be able to justify the expense.

Even though ESPN/Disney no longer had a use for Jayski stuff , it was nice of them to return all the ownership of Jayski.com back to Jay. They easily could sold it back to him instead, so there is that.

I guess they get one less :espnsux:,

For those that might be interested, the Q&A with Scott, who has been running Jayski for some time now, fun fact, Scott, was the man behind BGNracing.com, if any of you guys remember that website, that his baby.

The dumbest one of all is the Fox site. They have nothing but vid clips, it has to be a disaster for phone users with data plans, and it is clunky for ones that don't. They hired Pockrass a talented writer, but he doesn't have any place to plunk an article on it. They hired Harvick and there isn't any announcement on their own website.o_O They did have a good area racetrax that kept race data, but the didn't archive it.

Totally agree
Quit looking at their page a loooong time ago

Best wishes for those attempting to revive Jayski and for those that miss it. IMO in order to remain relevant they would need to distinguish themselves in some way. IMO Twitter killed a lot of the need for sites like Jayski.

Best wishes for those attempting to revive Jayski and for those that miss it. IMO in order to remain relevant they would need to distinguish themselves in some way. IMO Twitter killed a lot of the need for sites like Jayski.
My gritch with Twitter is having to wade through a lot of traffic to get the isolated bits of racing information I want. I've always found it easier to pull that stuff from a site specifically dedicated to what I'm after, as opposed to having an informational fire hose pointed at me. (And I'm too info-security paranoid to sign up with it again.)

My gritch with Twitter is having to wade through a lot of traffic to get the isolated bits of racing information I want. I've always found it easier to pull that stuff from a site specifically dedicated to what I'm after, as opposed to having an informational fire hose pointed at me. (And I'm too info-security paranoid to sign up with it again.)
This. Jayski was my go-to for practice speeds, ETC

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Scott Page
This might be the most I can say at this time. I can confirm some of what's being said. ESPN has told Jay that they are returning the domain, the Jayski trademark, and the rights to the site back to him. Obviously, these things take time and they move slow, so that hasn't all happened yet. However, once we have control of the domain we can do with it as we want again. We would like to restart the site. We've had a lot of interest from people, but nothing certain yet. It takes quite of bit of resources to host a site with that much traffic and bring on three people to run it. I will say that I have told everyone I have talked to that I want to bring the site back closer to it's old look....lots of yellow. With that said, a lot will depend on where we host, what kind of content management system we have to use, etc. There will be some things that will just be out of our control in order for someone to be able to justify the expense.
I'm no expert but I don't imagine it would be too expensive to host a site that is pretty much all text.

I'm no expert but I don't imagine it would be too expensive to host a site that is pretty much all text.
Are you forgetting all the paint schemes photo's going back to 1997?

Back
Top Bottom