Joey Logano - 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Champion!

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by SlicedBread22, Nov 18, 2018.

1. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

He beat them over the last 10 races not just 4.. would have won under any version of the playoffs. People may not like playoffs in NASCAR but they need to get used to it.. it's been 14 years.. that's half of Logano's life lol its nothing new and some people act like it was introduced this season.

2. Pat

Pat Team Owner

I didn't see this posted

3. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

That's a funny bit

Pat likes this.
  4. Revman

Revman May God Bless Coach Joe Gibbs and all JGR Fans

What the hell are you talking about? What would Kyle's championship have to do with Joey's?

5. Revman

It is sobering to me that anybody is trying to discredit Joey's championship. I just thought that it was the loser haters talking about Kyle's championship when he won it. Come to find out, the loser haters don't give a sh!t who wins. They will hate. Complete bull****. Ignore the crap buddy. Your boy deserved it.

SlicedBread22 likes this.
  6. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

:D:D

Johali likes this.
  7. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

Oh I'm well aware :cheers:

Revman likes this.
  8. Revman

Ford/OSS. :D

9. Turtle84

Turtle84 Gasman

Even Joey said winning Martinsville was probably his only chance at getting to Homestead. I think he'd be the first to tell you their performance was lacking for the vast majority of the season before that win. All of the that goes out the window the same it did for Stewart 11' Johnson 16' running hot at the tail end. That doesn't imply that he didn't earn the championship, it implies that not everyone agrees with the method used to determine the championship. Telling them to "get used to it" is ignoring their valid argument.

I am happy that Logano won regardless, and the way he did it was awesome, I view it as a karma championship since the Kenseth year where he clearly dominated.

10. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

He said that about the last 15 races or so was when he started to feel like they could be a contender.. and that the last 5 races was when he started to feel like they could beat the big 3.

And yes I do ignore their arguments.. not because I find then invalid but because they are irrelevant. At times people remind me of a 70 year old man rambling on about how "in my day a carton of milk only cost a nickel!"

11. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Roger Penske said they had all brand new cars built for the playoffs with all the newest stuff on them, I repeated it here on the forum more than once, the Penske cars got better, Joey's pass on Truex should have answered that question and following the finishing orders in the playoffs should have done that also. They played the playoffs, the system in place. Doesn't matter what points system it is they are played differently. ain't no milk to it.

SlicedBread22 likes this.
  12. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

The caliber of team that Team Penske is shows basically every year near the end.. I'm pretty sure Joey has more wins in the playoffs than he does outside of them. They are able to elevate themselves when they have to and dig down for that extra little bit they will need.to go.all the way and this year they proved it. People can try all they want to illegitimize his championship but they're only fooling themselves. From what I've seen even most people who don't like Joey at all have been able to see that he deserved the cup but there is a group that say he doesnt deserve it.. hogwash I say! If their guy won the exact same way they would praise him for it.

13. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Well bud i think it is perfectly ok to not be all enamored with the latest playoffs, but at the same time there is a way to play it to win it. Penske put the effort in with the best cars they could make for that situation. Did they have the best cars all year? I don't think they did, they were down on speed. But that threw a lot of people off who weren't following closely come playoff time. They flipped a switch. So a lot thought he was a underdog when in fact he wasn't. that is where most of the B.S. comes from, Penske played the playoffs and not the regular season and walked away with the metal. Those four were all close as hell in the playoffs, Joey and the jack had been there before a few years back. He was there then but for that, same thing when he and Carl tangled. Like you say come playoff time the Penske's are ready to go.

Nitro Dude and Team Penske like this.
  14. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

I get why people don't like it... but to try to minimize the championship or who gets it is wrong imo

Ventisca likes this.
  15. SlicedBread22

SlicedBread22 #TeamJL

@joeylogano

Best gift ever...Martinsville win car. Thank you RP and @Team_Penske

uGGkuQN1oMul5sr2wthZuHSHBPeC_1wZT76gM9L1ONc.jpg

Nitro Dude, Truex_rox and StandOnIt like this.
  16. Ford 222

Ford 222 Team Owner

Still so cool.....especially when I think the 22 team beat the bully wannabe, the Diva, and Mr. I do it all in spite of how bad my team screws me.

17. Ventisca

Ventisca Jackman Contributor

18. jaqua19

jaqua19 Team Owner

Everyone guess what? Not only do Joey and I both originated from New England, but we share a birthday

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ventisca likes this.