Joey Logano vs. Kyle Busch

When Joey was a rising star in the mid 2000's, I watched him race at Hickory Speedway, and I was impressed. He was 17 and was patient and respectful of the other drivers. He shows none of that patience or respect now. It's all about him. When he intentionally wrecked Matt Kenseth at Kansas, and then proceeded to smile about it during his post race interview, that spoke volumes about his character as a person, and as a race car driver. He absolutely deserved what he got at Martinsville, but yet, he did not learn from it. I am an avid Kyle Busch hater, and what I saw today was akin to the Kenseth deal. Joey must now pay the price. Had Joey's crew stepped aside and let Joey defend himself as a man, he may have learned a little more about his lack of respect, but that didn't happen. I am sure Kyle will repay him, and I think the fans at the track where it happens will be louder than those at Martinsville.

No driver has to put up with another driver physically attacking him.

KyBu 0-2

Kyle tried to wreck Joey and got wrecked.
Kyle tried to beat up Joey and got beatdown.

Joe Gibbs has to wet nurse an unstable Kyle.

Kyle's beat up mug is now in full circulation -- even after he tried to sucker punch Joey for his own lack of self-control...

KyBu 0-2

Kyle tried to wreck Joey and got wrecked.
Kyle tried to beat up Joey and got beatdown.

Joe Gibbs has to wet nurse an unstable Kyle.

Kyle's beat up mug is now in full circulation -- even after he tried to sucker punch Joey for his own lack of self-control...
What's the score on Cup wins or championships?

No driver has to put up with another driver physically attacking him.
So, to avoid a physical attack, don't be reckless on the track. And if you happen to make a mistake, own up to it and be a man. Don't gloat about it.

NASCAR needs this. Bad publicity is good publicity.
This was a minute scrap but it made the news.
It draws attention to the sport regardless of how short lived.

Agreed but I don't think it's bad publicity at all. If anything it shows how serious these drivers are about racing.

Why is it wrong for a competitor to do what the sanctioning body SHOULD have done? Please explain. The fans sure thought it was the right thing to do, and I am sure many of the other competitiors were in agreement. Plain and simple, you either learn how to race clean, or you are reminded that it is your duty to do so. Joey needed a reminder then, and he needs one for today. I sincerely hope Kyle retaliates and makes sure that Joey gets the message.

Your missing the point. What did joey do at kansas that was different than dozens of other bump and runs done in the past?

What Matt did was borderline insane.....Matt Kenseth was my favorite driver for years by the way.What he did was a disgrace.

Would you rather Joey and Kyle settle their differences Mano y Mano on pit road today or for the next 3 weeks on the track?

I would rather they both grow up and move on. Football players beat on each other all game and don't have a meltdown over it.

Your missing the point. What did joey do at kansas that was different than dozens of other bump and runs done in the past?

What Matt did was borderline insane.....Matt Kenseth was my favorite driver for years by the way.What he did was a disgrace.
What did Matt do? I thought his car wouldn't turn or his tire was flat..........(I'm kidding, that was a B.S. move by Matt)

It really is hard to find something to top it.:lol2:

Absolutely disgraceful. So was the 24 into the 15. So was what Kyle did to Hornaday. When you use your car as a weopon it should be a lengthy suspension if not a possible revocation of your license. I don't care who you are, when you do that you're a danger to other people which in the real world makes you a criminal.

Why is it wrong for a competitor to do what the sanctioning body SHOULD have done? Please explain. The fans sure thought it was the right thing to do, and I am sure many of the other competitiors were in agreement. Plain and simple, you either learn how to race clean, or you are reminded that it is your duty to do so. Joey needed a reminder then, and he needs one for today. I sincerely hope Kyle retaliates and makes sure that Joey gets the message.

You can't have the loonies running the asylum. Unless Nascar decides what JLo did was wrong then it was just a racing deal and Kyle can take it up with Nascar. Under no circumstance should a driver ever have to deal with another driver that wants to fight.

A bump and run does not result in a competiitor being shoved into the wall at 190MPH. Done right, it knocks them out of the groove and allows a pass. Joey bumped Matt at 194MPH in a corner. He knew it would cause Matt to crash. Matt's retaliation wouldn't have been necessary if Joey would have made very public statements owning up to his error, and making peace with Matt. Joey chose to smile on camera during the post race interview and then gloat about his exploits. NASCAR should have penalized Joey for his lack of remorse, yet they did not. All things taken into consideration, Matt took things into his own hands and sent a message to Joey. Joey did not get the message. Kyle will finish the process of getting the message to Joey. We can only hope that he does.

You can't have the loonies running the asylum. Unless Nascar decides what JLo did was wrong then it was just a racing deal and Kyle can take it up with Nascar. Under no circumstance should a driver ever have to deal with another driver that wants to fight.
Let them fight. There will be no closure until they settle it.

What's unnecessary about it? With that logic it unnecessary to even race in my opinion. That was raw emotion created from hard racing being displayed.

Why can a wide receiver get his clocked cleaned by a safety and no one has a meltdown about it? The sort of thing that happened today just makes Nascar a laughingstock but maybe that is what people want.

Those saying joey did this on purpose don't have a trained eye. That looked like the part of the corner where they are off the throttle. So your committed to the corner with the speed you entered it with. Joey got lose and was pretty much wrecking and slid up to the 18. It was all started trying to avoid the 2 car. Joey wasn't even all that close to the 18 until he started to crash.

Joey does seem to be in the middle of a lot of this stuff. I think he need to respond by being more forceful himself on the track. I think drivers know he will not get them back on the track.

Let's be honest here ,18 slammed the 22 on the backstretch, which was pure dirt. The 22 lost the front, corrected and slid into the 18. That's one thing I know for sure, the other was I'm sure Joey dropped his Coke bottle in the cat fight....... Mr. Kyle was a cry baby in this one.

So, to avoid a physical attack, don't be reckless on the track. And if you happen to make a mistake, own up to it and be a man. Don't gloat about it.

It is up to the sanctioning body or league to mete out punishment not the participants.

Kyle does what he does best, gets upset and has an emotional outburst as always.

Joey does what he does best, piss someone off and be someone's punching bag as always.

Not too surprised. I think it's a good thing honestly

I'll tell ya what my twitter is blowing up about this right now. Definitely good publicity for NASCAR and a move back to the way things were. The dummies that run the sport should've realized that country music's and duck dynasty's success proves that Americans want entertainment like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Acs
A bump and run does not result in a competiitor being shoved into the wall at 190MPH. Done right, it knocks them out of the groove and allows a pass. Joey bumped Matt at 194MPH in a corner. He knew it would cause Matt to crash. Matt's retaliation wouldn't have been necessary if Joey would have made very public statements owning up to his error, and making peace with Matt. Joey chose to smile on camera during the post race interview and then gloat about his exploits. NASCAR should have penalized Joey for his lack of remorse, yet they did not. All things taken into consideration, Matt took things into his own hands and sent a message to Joey. Joey did not get the message. Kyle will finish the process of getting the message to Joey. We can only hope that he does.

Bahahaha wow what a world you must live in. Ridiculous assessment of what should of been done by NASCAR. I'd have to watch again but im 99% positive Matt did not touch anything and just spun out. I've said a million times if Matt would of dumped Joey at some point and the same exact thing would of happened I would of said...well an eye for an eye but that wasn't the case.

I would rather they both grow up and move on. Football players beat on each other all game and don't have a meltdown over it.

They are grown men they don't need to grow up, sometimes you just have to fight. In football you legally get to take your frustration out on your opponent every play and even they fight every once in a while. Fighting is a natural reaction when one feels wronged nothing wrong with a little scuffle.

Let them fight. There will be no closure until they settle it.

Sorry but there won't be any fight as Mars/M&M and Shell/Pennzoil won't have any of it. Besides if Kyle still feels JLo was wrong in trying to get all he could on the last lap he can accidentally nerf him later on.

The way I see it Joey only knew that Kyle almost wrecked him and went into the corner hard. To me it seems like Joey was losing it, but it is the last lap and most all bets are off so I'm not going to blame Joey for trying to get his position back. Actually I don't blame Kyle for being mad, but I do think he should have stopped and had a look at the video first. I hope that both owners take both drivers and settle it before it gets out of hand.

They are grown men they don't need to grow up, sometimes you just have to fight. In football you legally get to take your frustration out on your opponent every play and even they fight every once in a while. Fighting is a natural reaction when one feels wronged nothing wrong with a little scuffle.

Over my lifetime if I had hit everyone who angered me I would have deformed hands.

There is nothing manly about KyBu's actions, especially the sucker punch.

Total loss of self-control as he took a long walk without his team to kiss the pavement and get beatdown, then a long walk back.

This will help the NASCAR marketing department, and his likely Fine will hopefully go to a worthy cause...

I don't blame Kyle for being upset as he has had a miserable start to the season but before you go full nuke take a look at a replay and at least hear the other guy out. If you feel you were wronged take it up with Nascar as it is up to them to hand out punishments not the drivers.

I don't blame Kyle for being upset as he has had a miserable start to the season but before you go full nuke take a look at a replay and at least hear the other guy out. If you feel you were wronged take it up with Nascar as it is up to them to hand out punishments not the drivers.

I agree, but I like that the drivers have a self-policing kind of deal without the "powers that be" needing to intervene

So if Kyle needs to "teach Joey a lesson" (a lesson only delusional Joey haters understand) then it's all good if Joey pays kyle back for that lesson.

Ooo man nailed it....I love that moment you just had with that thought.

Back
Top Bottom