Joey Logano vs. Kyle Busch

You can't have the loonies running the asylum. Unless Nascar decides what JLo did was wrong then it was just a racing deal and Kyle can take it up with Nascar. Under no circumstance should a driver ever have to deal with another driver that wants to fight.
LOL. Skoal, as someone who claims to understand and appreciate what Nascar used to be (when it was worthwhile, ha ha) and someone who claims to understand and appreciate hockey as well, your string of comments in this thread is truly laughable. Carry on. It's good comedy.

So.....Kyle will probably get a fine of at least $50,000 from NASCAR on Tuesday. Will he be parked for a race or two as well? All hell broke loose when he ran Ron Hornaday into the wall. I don't see where this is much different except that the Hornaday thing was on the track under caution and people could have gotten seriously injured.

Kyle came out of that looking like a badass. Took on a whole crew, the blood just made it even more badass. Neither looked like a punk to me although Joey did hide behind his crew it did look like he wanted some but he could be a good actor. I guess it comes down to what someone's perception of a punk is though.
Joey didn't hide behind anyone. As Kyle approached, Joey stepped forward away from his crew to speak with Kyle. That's when Kyle sucker punched him. Did you look at the Jeff Gluck video?

Hmm. After hearing about what occurred, I went into it thinking that Busch must have been in his hot-headed cry baby mode and that the incident on the track was a mutual fault racing incident. The more I look at it, the more I think what Busch did was aggressive racing that didn't wreck anyone, and what Logano did was 'over'-aggressive racing with obvious driver error that did wreck someone. He over-drove the corner after what happened on the straight, got loose and lost it. DW and Gordon were correct that it wasn't intentional, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't ill-advised given the result. I actually tend to like Logano, and I don't tend to like Busch. I don't like how Busch decided to slug it out. Though lol that was indeed a sucker punch,

suck·er punch
noun
  1. 1.
    an unexpected punch or blow.
and it either barely connected or didn't connect at all.

I think Busch had legitimate, real reason to be angry. It was not his fault that he got wrecked. But he still handled the aftermath poorly, and I don't think his sudden decision to handle his business that way scares anyone.

LOL. Skoal, as someone who claims to understand and appreciate what Nascar used to be (when it was worthwhile, ha ha) and someone who claims to understand and appreciate hockey as well, your string of comments in this thread is truly laughable. Carry on. It's good comedy.

I love hockey and fighting is almost non existent in the sport as teams no longer employ enforcers as they can't afford to tie up a roster spot. If you feel that frontier justice is the way forward for Nascar and that having a tit for tat mentality every time you perceive you have been wronged then have at it. At what point does it stop? Is it OK for a driver to mete out his own style of justice on or off they track each time his nose is out of joint?

Joey would kick Kyle's ass.. and he can go as dirty as Kyle wants to go.. He's probably thinking bring it on.
Seriously? Joey can't fight worth a damn, if the two were actually head to head with no intervention from anyone else Joey would get his ass kicked.

What I saw was one of them racin' deals with JLo and KB both determined to get the best finish possible. I thought KB did a great job of holding onto his car as best he could and not crashing and wrecking others.

The altercation was an embarrassment to the series and KB as Nascar is OK with incidents like that and it is just part of racing. KB would have been better to do nothing and just accidentally nerf JLo at some future date.
Monster is eating this up all the way to the bank, they will run with this big time.

Seriously? Joey can't fight worth a damn, if the two were actually head to head with no intervention from anyone else Joey would get his ass kicked.

giphy.gif

I love Hockey as well, Boston Bruins baby..... the nasty part of the whole thing is Busch Slamming the walking Coke add on the straight. That caused it all in my opinion. 18 caused all of this. 18 had to know the 2 was in trouble by then and should have reacted better on the track. He put himself up there with no place to go. Busch league move.

If it does....don't you think that is what Nascar wants in a series that has poor ratings and a dwindling fan base? Nascar has done this to themeselves, I don't think fighting belongs in any sport, yes tempers flare in the heat of battle, but in the end it is detrimental to the sport in the long run. Monster energy on the other hand most likely is eating this up, it's what they like.

Is there anything funnier than the fans of these two guys saying their guy would definitely kick the other's ass?

It is hilarious and you have partisan Penske guys like Lew that would think completely differently if the altercation had occurred the other way around. Plenty of partisan stupidity and overall stupidity on display indeed.

If it does....don't you think that is what Nascar wants in a series that has poor ratings and a dwindling fan base? Nascar has done this to themeselves, I don't think fighting belongs in any sport, yes tempers flare in the heat of battle, but in the end it is detrimental to the sport in the long run. Monster energy on the other hand most likely is eating this up, it's what they like.

I watched my local news this morning and NASCAR is never spoken of usually. The fight was mentioned but there were looks and comments of derision from the anchors that conveyed the message of "what kind of inbred people watch this crap."

A sanctioning body or league is responsible for matters of discipline amongst its competitors as if you leave it to the participants the bull**** will only escalate.

I watched my local news this morning and NASCAR is never spoken of usually. The fight was mentioned but there were looks and comments of derision from the anchors that conveyed the message of "what kind of inbred people watch this crap."

A sanctioning body or league is responsible for matters of discipline amongst its competitors as if you leave it to the participants the bull**** will only escalate.

^ Irony. That's an NHL fan talking about fighting.

Totally agree

^ Irony. That's an NHL fan talking about fighting.

There is no fighting to speak of in the NHL and when it does take place the players are penalized or ejected. You have made fun of NASCAR rednecks since I have been on this forum and the ultimate irony is you behave just like you'd expect some uneducated white trash to behave. Look in the mirror.

I fully recognize that Matt wrecked Joey on purpose. No one will ever disagree about that. I can differentiate. Put on your thinking cap and listen. Joey wrecked Matt on a corner at high speed to gain a position. NASCAR did nothing about it. Matt did something about it. End of discussion.

It's hilarious that you are only willing to tell half the story on that deal.....Matt blocked Joey 2 maybe three times when Joey clearly had the faster car and was trying to pass...he then dumped Matt. I would expect any driver to do the exact same thing...Matt included. Matt then drove a big wheel onto the track and put Joey in the wall while crying about the teamwork the Ford's were using that day...the same team work you saw the Toyota's use all last year. It's comical the hypocrisy in this sport.

Thank goodness Ford and Chevy are dominating the sport so far this year. (Truex aside who I actually like).

Kyle came out of that looking like a badass. Took on a whole crew, the blood just made it even more badass. Neither looked like a punk to me although Joey did hide behind his crew it did look like he wanted some but he could be a good actor. I guess it comes down to what someone's perception of a punk is though.

Go back and watch the replay: it was a NASCAR official that immediately grabbed Joey and pulled him back. What do you want him to do? DDT the official and then leg drop Kyle?

That's part of telling reason I'm a Kyle Busch fan. Doesn't care about what others think, if he feels something he's going to react to it. I only wish they would have let them go at it. Joey will get it though and it will be sweet.
But its always ok for kyle to race people like that just doesnt like it in return, as a kyle fan it was f-ed up what he did. It was hard racing.
Go settle it in privet and square off like a damn man

What I saw yesterday was far less of a fight that what I've seen a couple times in last weeks Pittsburgh Penguins games on their current road trip. Personally I don't see it taking away from the NHL or from NASCAR after yesterday's rare occurring slap and tickle. They mentioned NASCAR again this week on both our local televised news and this mornings Sports Radio talk shows. Neither of which are talking down the sport of NASCAR in my area.

Personally I love the passion. People are talking. Fans are arguing. All good in my eyes and entertaing to boot.

Matt Kenseth did not cost Joey a championship people.

There were two more races in that round. He blew a tire at Texas and lined up third at Phoenix before the rain came.

And even after all that finished behind two of the championship four drivers at Homestead.

All Matt did was make it obvious he cant handle being raced hard.. And any of you morons who think he didn't have that spon at Kansas coming to him go back and watch the two laps before he got spun.. Now imagine ur driving the 22... If any of you can say you wouldn't do the same thing u would be the kind of driver who fights for top 15s instead of wins.

Last edited:
Lmao are u serious? So then ur that guy who suckers ppl?

If someone isnt expecting it.. Its a sucker punch.

How was Joey not expecting it? He knew Kyle was coming after him he even said "you want to fight". I'll give Joey credit he wanted to fight but got pulled back, even have the official an elbow.

How was Joey not expecting it? He knew Kyle was coming after him he even said "you want to fight". I'll give Joey credit he wanted to fight but got pulled back, even have the official an elbow.
Not saying Joey wasnt ready to go him. I just dont think he was expecting a punch to be thrown. Usually they arent.. In many cases.. Especially with Kyle.. They argue.. Get in each others faces etc... Dont get me wrong I loved it.. But it was a bit of a sucker punch. Still didnt do much tho lol Joeys other half of his face was more red from his helmet.

Back
Top Bottom