Kentucky Pre-Race Thread

Monday
chancetstorms.gif
Overcast with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain in the afternoon. Fog early. High of 77F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 30%.
Monday Night
nt_chancetstorms.gif
Partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain in the evening, then clear. Low of 57F. Winds less than 5 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Hourly Forecast6AM12 Noon6PM12 Midnight
Temp. | Dew Point 58 | 58 72 | 64 73 | 68 62 | 58
Wind 6 mph NNE 4 mph NNE 4 mph North 2 mph North
Humidity 100% 74% 85% 89%
Chance of Precip. 10% 10% 30% 20%
Cloud Cover 100% 88% 92% 62%
Conditions Fog Mostly Cloudy Chance of a Thunderstorm Chance of a Thunderstorm
Sunrise & Sunset
6:18 AM
9:08 PM

Just saw where Kyle Petty said Danica is a marketing machine and not a race car driver.

By the way, I am in Kentucky not that far from the track and its clear as a bell here right now. Weather is saying 50 percent chance tonight.

I just looked at the Sparta Kentucky radar and I hate it but we may be racing tomorrow or Monday.

Is it just me or have there been more rain issues this year than usual?

only stat I could find was for 09 and 10. 3 were shortened by rain in 09, none were re scheduled, and two had to be re run Monday on 2010

Suppose they'll ramp up the KFC "I ate the bones commercial" for this race in Kentucky;)

they have ramped up their prices I know that. Went in there and ordered a three piece lunch yesterday and they clipped me for almost 11 bucks.

Track drying is up to each track and It belongs to the France empire and Bruton hasn't contracted for it yet.

I'll likely miss the cup race this weekend. I'm about the only person who doesn't have a DVR in 2013.
'S okay; I don't have a smart phone.
ok, I'm in. I got a VHS and a wad of blank tapes. I got it so bad, I watch them off season to help with withdrawals.
That's what ARCA races are for, and maybe the last couple of Grand Am races. Speaking of Grand Am, their 6-hour run at the Glen is on Speed tomorrow, should Kentucky get pushed out until the open weekend after Loudon.

Suppose they'll ramp up the KFC "I ate the bones commercial" for this race in Kentucky;)
According to the company, 'KFC' doesn't stand for anything anymore. It's just three letters, not initials. They wanted to disassociate themselves from the word 'Fried'.

The 4:30 radar has a cell due to crossing over now. There are several more lined up at 30-45 minute intervals just over the river, but it's anyone's guess how far south they'll drop / expand. They won't finish tonight. If they hold off until Monday, I may have to run up there.

"Disassociate"! Ja see that? Five freakin' syllables! That'll get me the chicks!

Track drying is up to each track and It belongs to the France empire and Bruton hasn't contracted for it yet.
MIS is part of ISC and they didn't even have it on hand. They will have Air Titan for the August race according to the reply I received from the track president on the twitters.

MIS is part of ISC and they didn't even have it on hand. They will have Air Titan for the August race according to the reply I received from the track president on the twitters.
So each track has to pay for it right?...ya know how much?

I'll likely miss the cup race this weekend. I'm about the only person who doesn't have a DVR in 2013.

In my experience, having a DVR Is both a blessing and a curse.
On the one hand, I never miss a race or game.
On the other hand, I no longer have an excuse to stay home "because I'll miss the race (or game)".
Or, an excuse to put off that chore off the honey-do-list.

I'll likely be doing yardwork later during the race.

The release from ISC said it was a transportation difficulty at MIS but the problem has been taken care of, and no I don't have a link only memory.

No, just a normal Arizona summer. A little more hot than normal buy it's hard to notice any difference between 110 and 118 degrees out here.

Guess I'll extend the recording on the DVR for about 3 more hours.
Just in case.

No, just a normal Arizona summer. A little more hot than normal buy it's hard to notice any difference between 110 and 118 degrees out here.
I'm looking at reaching 60 down here today....a couple of days of your weather would be a nice change.

It's raining at the track now. Luckily, a 70% chance of rain means that there is a 70% chance that the track will see rain. It doesn't mean that there is a 70% chance that it will rain all night.

Back
Top Bottom