Kentucky Pre-Race Thread

Well, guess I won't be watching tonight. Damn DirecTV receiver quit working again.
Don't you have a good ball bat, gee I don't know what happened, it just imploded, must be the chitty workmanship.

That lady was freaking out while riding in the pace car? Hasn't she ever driven on a highway before?? Without any extra gear, they couldn't have been going faster than highway speed.

When my wife rode with Danica at the brickyard last year in a black special addition Camaro ZL1 they topped out at 120 to 130, an 18 year old make a wish guy was in the front seat, my wife was in the back passenger side and Danica's PR person was behind Danica. The guy asked her to not putt putt and she told him she would run as fast as the track would let her and she did.

When my wife rode with Danica at the brickyard last year in a black special addition Camaro ZL1 they topped out at 120 to 130, an 18 year old make a wish guy was in the front seat, my wife was in the back passenger side and Danica's PR person was behind Danica. The guy asked her to not putt putt and she told him she would run as fast as the track would let her and she did.
How'd your wife get to do that?

Well, guess I won't be watching tonight. Damn DirecTV receiver quit working again.

Unplug it and and make sure every coax connection is nice and tight. Also make sure it's getting good ventilation. Plug it in and power it on. If that doesn't work you may need a new receiver.

It's okay for us to dog on Danica because we haven't had the chance to race, but Kyle Petty has, and what has he done? Danica is racing as good as Kyle Petty ever did.

Here is an updated radar loop. The rain has stopped at the moment, but there's more on the way. The track is where the circle is.

radar.gif

It's okay for us to dog on Danica because we haven't had the chance to race, but Kyle Petty has, and what has he done? Danica is racing as good as Kyle Petty ever did.
Kyle has multiple wins under his belt.

Awesome.

I don't think there's going to be anything to miss.

I spent the morning clearing limbs with the long-handled pruning saw, including two that had grown in front of the dish since last summer. For the last month or so, our most-watched program was "Complete Signal Failure", followed closely by "Partial Signal Failure". Still, they were better than F1 :D

I have to agree with the weather man that was on speed. I'd say that the track has seen the heaviest rain that it will see all night. However, there will still be a few rain showers. All of these storms are the typical Summertime popcorn storms and once this next small storm passes, the rest of the storms should fall apart due to the night time cooling before reaching the track. The crappy thing is that one small shower can add on an extra hour delay.

Unplug it and and make sure every coax connection is nice and tight. Also make sure it's getting good ventilation. Plug it in and power it on. If that doesn't work you may need a new receiver.

I've had endless problems with it. I'm gonna cough up the money for a new receiver soon because this thing is SD only, no DVR.

Anybody that thinks the accomplishments of Kyle Petty and Danica Patrick are equal must be too young or too new to remember that Kyle Petty was actually a decent driver once upon a time. He twice finished in the top 5 in points, and was actually still eligible to win the championship going into the last race of the '92 season. He went from good in the early 90's to mediocre by the late 90's, to just plain bad in the 2000's. Adam's death may have had something to do with that, seems like his performance fell off a cliff from that point on.

100k for Air Titan. My source said they'd not confirm if asked. NASCAR is hoping to cut the fee in half for next year after recouping costs.

Weather does not look good but still holding out hope they can get it in.

And I'm holding out hope to drop 30 pounds. NWS just posted a Severe T-Storm Warning south of the track and I-71.

South of the track, and moving South. If the storm did move North a bit, we'd be in trouble. I don't see that happening though.

South of the track, and moving South. If the storm did move North a bit, we'd be in trouble. I don't see that happening though.
The radar shows plenty more lined up behind it. If I had tickets I would have headed back to the hotel by now, assuming I went to the track in the first place. I've placed that bet three times in the past. Twice I missed nothing; once I missed the first seven laps before the bottom fell out.

I almost feel like they should invest in some more Jet dryers. I feel like 90 minutes to dry the track is a bit ridiculous.

The heaviest rain is passing to the south, but it doesn't matter how heavy the rain is, there's not going to be a race as long as the track is getting wet. The radar is showing a lot more rain headed east towards the track.

Regardless of what anyone thinks about TNT's race coverage, their Countdown to Green is the best of any network.

I also think Kyle Petty and Wally Dallenbach are the best color commentators in NASCAR broadcasting, way more honest than DW and don't always stick to the NASCAR spoon-fed line. It's too bad that everything else about TNT is terrible.

I wish Austin Dillon would lose that stupid looking hat.

Agree about Countdown and KP and Wally. Wally's always been one of my favorites. It's just too bad they work for TNT.

Here's an updated radar map. Not sure what radar the announcers are looking at, but I'm seeing the opposite of what they're saying.

The track is where the circle is on I-71:

radar.gif

There's more rain headed for the track, arriving at any moment now.

Back
Top Bottom