Kurt Busch appreciation thread

This Kurt Busch thread has got me wondering where his devoted fan "Lisa" is at. I just checked and she hasn't posted on this thread since July of last year and I remember her sharing that she was having some pretty serious health problems. I hope she is ok.

Big respect for Kurt and the way he has matured.
I mean that as a true compliment. Nobody is perfect and it is great to see someone overcome the things that hinder them the most.

and I went from first to eleventh place because of his (and mine) bad luck.
Waaaaaaaaa

Hi, Lisa. I’m glad you dropped in.

What’s your prognostication for Kurt in the dirt?
I know he used to race in the bull ring in Las Vegas when he was young. Is that on dirt? Do you know?

Edited to say: nope, aunty, it's asphalt.

I'm not sure if Kurt has any background on dirt, aunty?

^ but the trend is younger guys with potential.
I am going to say the next in line for a full time JGR ride is grandson T. Gibbs.
Then he moves into the #11 car while Denny drives for himself taking his sponsor with him.

Getting a veteran like Kurt with his talent would be great and really build some strong foundations.
Interesting for sure. So the elder Busch might just end up in the Toyota fold before he hangs up his helmet after all.

What is Kurt gonna do that Denny isn’t already?
Hopefully put the car he would drive in some good finishing positions and give them some good feed back along with Bubbas feedback. That is probably the reason they are spending the money for another car.

What is Kurt gonna do that Denny isn’t already?
Denny isn't driving his own stuff. He is in need of perspective if you believe that he clearly delineates between owner and driver....plus he is a huge Wheels fan, and maybe there needs to be some additional data on that end as well. I think Kurt would be brutally honest. What does he have to lose?

Denny isn't driving his own stuff. He is in need of perspective if you believe that he clearly delineates between owner and driver....plus he is a huge Wheels fan, and maybe there needs to be some additional data on that end as well. I think Kurt would be brutally honest. What does he have to lose?
Everything I’m hearing is -

“Kurt will be a mentor for Bubba”. If thats the case, is Denny not a good veteran mentor? or even MJ?

“Kurt will bring great feedback”. Is Bubba not providing sufficient feedback?

“Kurt can help win races”. Bubba can’t win races?

While I think Kurt is a great addition to any team, and I’m not against him moving over, the deal with 23XI is perplexing. They have potential but they can’t stay outta their own way. Some of those bugs should be worked out before putting the cart before the horse. If Kurt is the veteran that can help with those bugs, it interests me why Denny isn’t the veteran to work those bugs out being an owner. I don’t think the answer is just adding more cars.

“Kurt will be a mentor for Bubba”. If thats the case, is Denny not a good veteran mentor? or even MJ?

While I think Kurt is a great addition to any team, and I’m not against him moving over, the deal with 23XI is perplexing. They have potential but they can’t stay outta their own way. Some of those bugs should be worked out before putting the cart before the horse. If Kurt is the veteran that can help with those bugs, it interests me why Denny isn’t the veteran to work those bugs out being an owner. I don’t think the answer is just adding more cars.

Denny is the owner. Would Bubba tell him that his equipment or engineering needs work? Would Denny believe that? Could Denny, as owner, believe that? I am not sure where the line is because I am neither an owner or driver, but I am thinking that there needs to be someone between Denny and Bubba to get the feedback both parties need.

No. Bubba is not providing sufficient feedback IMO.

No. Bubba is not showing that he is ready to win races.

I think that ideally Car #2 at 23IX would have been for an up and coming Toyota Driver Development product, but I that that the team needs some validation to ensure that whatever young gun eventually gets into that second car is stepping into something that is ready to win.

If you don't like the answers we give you above then I don't know what answers you are looking for. I absolutely think adding another car if it has a veteran driver would be a plus for that team. As far as the 2 questions... is Bubba not providing sufficient feedback and can Bubba win races I would have to say I don't know. The team hasn't really gotten any better from the start of the season and he hasn't won any races. But as I said I don't know if any of that has anything to do with Bubba's driving or Bubba's feedback. But, this isn't about Bubba anyway... this is about the whole team and the whole company trying to compete at a higher level. I don't understand why you are being so defensive about Bubba because no one has said anything negative or pointed any fingers at Bubba.

A second car = twice as much information to evaluate, compare and contrast.

Kurt Busch would fit right in with that and he can still push the button. Good choice.

Denny is the owner. Would Bubba tell him that his equipment or engineering needs work? Would Denny believe that? Could Denny, as owner, believe that? I am not sure where the line is because I am neither an owner or driver, but I am thinking that there needs to be someone between Denny and Bubba to get the feedback both parties need.

No. Bubba is not providing sufficient feedback IMO.

No. Bubba is not showing that he is ready to win races.

I think that ideally Car #2 at 23IX would have been for an up and coming Toyota Driver Development product, but I that that the team needs some validation to ensure that whatever young gun eventually gets into that second car is stepping into something that is ready to win.
So why not just move Kurt to the #23 car to win races instead of spending the money and time to cull resources for another brand new team? That’s the part that perplexes me. If a veteran driver is the answer, just add that element instead of birthing another team. That’s why I don’t think adding another driver is the end all answer. The #23 team has shown they have the speed to run top 10-15. In order to be win competitive, that dial needs to be turned up with the existing team before another team should be added. I mean, look at SHR. That squad could essentially shrink down to just the #4 team and nobody would bat an eye.

So why not just move Kurt to the #23 car to win races instead of spending the money and time to cull resources for another brand new team? That’s the part that perplexes me. If a veteran driver is the answer, just add that element instead of birthing another team. That’s why I don’t think adding another driver is the end all answer. The #23 team has shown they have the speed to run top 10-15. In order to be win competitive, that dial needs to be turned up with the existing team before another team should be added. I mean, look at SHR. That squad could essentially shrink down to just the #4 team and nobody would bat an eye.
SHR.....Who the hell would test fit Rodney's blades? Come on! I think that Kurt would validate Bubba's input. That makes the team stronger IMO.

Back
Top Bottom