Kurt Busch appreciation thread

He has made the first round of 3 races regardless.
I didn't understand that. So if he is not medically cleared for the first playoff race, another driver does not get his spot, correct? Basically reducing the playoff field to 15.

I didn't understand that. So if he is not medically cleared for the first playoff race, another driver does not get his spot, correct? Basically reducing the playoff field to 15.
I haven't read anything about what would happen if Kurt can't make it.

Kind of hate to say this, but if he doesn't race anymore of the regular season races and then he is cleared for the first playoff race, it's not going to go over well with the conspiracy crowd.
...and it looks like this is happening. Magically, he will be cleared for the playoffs.

Nothing against Kurt, but I’m kinda glad that maybe, just maybe we can have the two drivers who would pretty much be in by any other metric besides this format… unless, of course, Daytona produces Daytona events!!

^ Yeah he had a go if he could get well enough...didn't make it

Obviously Kurt's health and well being is paramount.
Given the situation it is absolutely a classy and thoughtful move to forfeit or remove the medical waiver. Total respect.

Hopefully Kurt will recover enough in the future to race and win again, best wishes for a healthy recovery.

A few years ago I believe I was one of Kurts harshest critics.
Thats no big deal I am just a racing fan and he got along just fine with my approval. Nobody is perfect either and we all have our own personal flaws to overcome he just had more eyes looking to critique him.

I am only stating the above points in order to say it has been great to see Kurt overcome those past mistakes. I think it is inspiring story and a great example for anyone that stuggles with a flaw to become something better.

2022 has been like a rollercoaster for Kurt.

Signs to drive the #45 - Up
Word of his divorce hits the press - Down (one of the few times I saw the press lay off after the initial story)
Wins a race - Up
Bad concussion at Pocono resulting is stepping away from competition - Down

Kurt, scrap 2022, see some good Docs, and hopefully you can run 2023 on your terms.

This has been weird, not seeing him race. It's shown me what my sunday's will be like when he retires.
Heal well, Kurt!!!! I mad admire you, Sir.
This is such a tough part of being a race fan.

Same for me with Jr
I'd like to see Kurt go on Jr's show soon as possible. Love to hear what he's going thru and how the treatment is going. Bounce some things off Junior. Jr is the only driver that has had balls enough to say, I'm done. Can't do it anymore because of "this".

I'd like to see Kurt go on Jr's show soon as possible. Love to hear what he's going thru and how the treatment is going. Bounce some things off Junior. Jr is the only driver that has had balls enough to say, I'm done. Can't do it anymore because of "this".
I think that's a conversation that won't happen until after Kurt retires (whenever that is). And it may end up being a good one.

5CFCCB8D-8142-45AF-B059-DAE5F6080A0D.jpeg

Die casts of what could have been Kurt’s final win have shipped.

So he can race in boats but not cars? Boat racing is even more dangerous than car racing.

Back
Top Bottom