Kyle Busch to continue racing in NXS even after he scores 100 wins

I remember an interview someone did with Alex Bowman once back when he was in the B-series and he was thanking Kyle Bush for all of the help and advise he had given Alex that had helped him become a better driver. One of the things he emphasized was the way he would learn things from following Kyles lines and that just having Kyle in the race pushed him to try a little harder. I realize we have some pretty smart arm chair experts on this forum but I'm going to put just a little more value on what I hear from someone that has actually been there and done that versus someone that has not.
Like I said I have never heard a truck or an Xfinity driver say anything they have learned from KDB. Going further, what value would it have if they think they did learn something, or how would it help the series? There is a reason Nascar instilled racing limits in the lower series. Ya think they just came up with that in thin air?

Like I said I have never heard a truck or an Xfinity driver say anything they have learned from KDB. Going further, what value would it have if they think they did learn something, or how would it help the series? There is a reason Nascar instilled racing limits in the lower series. Ya think they just came up with that in thin air?
I think they came up with that because so many fans were complaining and not going to the races but I could be wrong because I don't pay that much attention to the B-series... but I know anytime I went to a B-series race the stands were empty. I don't know how it is now since they made the change because I haven't been to any of those races or watched them on tv. All I'm saying is I will always put more value in what a driver, crew chief or any team member says then I will anyone on any racing forum. That's just being logical and not putting any forum member down. But, I 100% think having a veteran driver in the race helps teach the less experienced drivers.

Last edited:
Maybe you never raced anything.
When I raced bikes I used to run the pro class in non-sanctioned races at Saddleback so that I could learn from the pros. It helped a lot and allowed me to turn pro quicker that I would have otherwise.
Sounds like to me you choose to race them, not them choosing to race you. Slightly different.

…and no rules against either.
You still had a terrible take. You moved up to learn from them. You made said choice, and that’s fine. No one complains if a driver moves up a series because you are trying to learn. But drivers racing down is horrible. I don’t know any other form of Motorsports where it happens.

You still had a terrible take. You moved up to learn from them. You made said choice, and that’s fine. No one complains if a driver moves up a series because you are trying to learn. But drivers racing down is horrible. I don’t know any other form of Motorsports where it happens.
Everyone is just following the rules.
I don’t see a problem. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I remember an interview someone did with Alex Bowman once back when he was in the B-series and he was thanking Kyle Bush for all of the help and advise he had given Alex that had helped him become a better driver. One of the things he emphasized was the way he would learn things from following Kyles lines and that just having Kyle in the race pushed him to try a little harder. I realize we have some pretty smart arm chair experts on this forum but I'm going to put just a little more value on what I hear from someone that has actually been there and done that versus someone that has not.
Back when the Busch series had less emphasis on development, there was a core of full-time drivers who provided this type of mentoring. LaJoie, Keller, the Greens, etc. Some of the Truckers too; a young driver could learn a lot from Sprague, Hornaday, etc. As development has become more of the primary mission, there are fewer experienced drivers that are both full-time and in a competitive ride. Sadler served as an example for a few years, and Allgaier does now to some extent; I don't think there are any competitive full-timer vets in the Trucks these days.

One or two vets aren't enough to fill the role by themselves. As long as Cuppers remain barred from the playoff and bonus races, I guess I don't have much of a problem.

It’s a learning series. You’re never going to learn anything racing guys that are just as fast as you.
Then what about other motorsports from the F3/F2/F1 ladder to Motocross, where they run one division at a time and move up to the next without any blending? Those guys still continue to improve as they advance through the ranks.

Then what about other motorsports from the F3/F2/F1 ladder to Motocross, where they run one division at a time and move up to the next without any blending? Those guys still continue to improve as they advance through the ranks.

Clearly they are all doing it wrong, and this one weird outlier is doing it right, because the students can't learn without Professor Busch in attendance.

The 250 riders at a motocross race aren't learning unless Ken Roczen shows up to beat them by 30 seconds every week. 360 sprint car drivers aren't progressing unless Brad Sweet rolls in and trounces them all.

Lewis Hamilton should be spreading his knowledge by collecting F2 trophies and same with Scott Dixon and Indy Lights.

This isn’t f3,2,1 or motocross.
If you don’t like what’s happening at nascar, join the fan council and pitch a fit.

Clearly they are all doing it wrong, and this one weird outlier is doing it right, because the students can't learn without Professor Busch in attendance.

The 250 riders at a motocross race aren't learning unless Ken Roczen shows up to beat them by 30 seconds every week. 360 sprint car drivers aren't progressing unless Brad Sweet rolls in and trounces them all.

Lewis Hamilton should be spreading his knowledge by collecting F2 trophies and same with Scott Dixon and Indy Lights.
Tbh they should go race the kiddies in go karts every now and then to prove they can REALLY win (Lewis and Dixon). I'm sure Kyle would agree. :XXROFL: :XXROFL: :XXROFL: :XXROFL: :XXROFL: :XXROFL:
:lurk:

Crafton, but not as competitive these days, though he did win a championship a couple years ago. Same with Sauter as far as not being quite the same these days.
Neither is competitive anymore. You might even say they've lost a step.

He’s already got a win this year.
Win and you’re in 👍🏻
I mean hey, that’s true. But it’s also true he’s sucked the last two years in Cup. Two wins..so I’m all I’m saying is I understand you enjoying actually see him putting the car in Victory Lane, because if not for Xfinity and Trucks, you would have saw him win twice since Homestead in 2019. So I’ll leave you alone so you can enjoy what success he has left.

I mean hey, that’s true. But it’s also true he’s sucked the last two years in Cup. Two wins..so I’m all I’m saying is I understand you enjoying actually see him putting the car in Victory Lane, because if not for Xfinity and Trucks, you would have saw him win twice since Homestead in 2019. So I’ll leave you alone so you can enjoy what success he has left.
No worries here. He’s currently tied for first in active Cup driver wins.

Nobody in Xfinity is learning jack **** when Kyle Busch blows by them with an engine with dozens more horsepower and a setup designed by a multi million dollar team with a Cup series pit crew to boot, and wins by 10 seconds.

What a croc.

This isn’t f3,2,1 or motocross.
If you don’t like what’s happening at nascar, join the fan council and pitch a fit.
You said racers never improve without racing faster guys. That just isn't true. Thinking that that's a universal motorsports truth just because of NASCAR is like living in a bubble.

You said racers never improve without racing faster guys. That just isn't true. Thinking that that's a universal motorsports truth just because of NASCAR is like living in a bubble.
Really? When did I say, “never?”
Chances are, less experienced drivers are going to learn something by racing against more experienced drivers.
It’s just common sense.

Chances are, less experienced drivers are going to learn something by racing against more experienced drivers.
It’s just common sense.
Yet you always criticized drivers like Crafton, Sauter or Allgaier who have been racing in the lower leagues for most of their careers.

It’s just common sense.
You literally said, "You’re never going to learn anything racing guys that are just as fast as you".

That is false. Drivers in almost every corner of the racing world aside from NASCAR continue to learn constantly, despite only racing against drivers that compete solely in their own division.

It’s a learning series. You’re never going to learn anything racing guys that are just as fast as you.
The best part about this ridiculous argument is rarely in racing is someone else just as “fast” as you. There’s always better or worse drivers and better or worse cars. Nobody wins every race they compete in, theres always someone faster than you.

The whole idea that everyone in the lower series is on the exact same experience and performance curve is flat out wrong.

You literally said, "You’re never going to learn anything racing guys that are just as fast as you".

That is false. Drivers in almost every corner of the racing world aside from NASCAR continue to learn constantly, despite only racing against drivers that compete solely in their own division.
Uh huh…and you’re definitely going to learn from more experienced drivers.

Exactly...it's not like the Xfinity guys development is critical in any way to racing Cup guys. Not saying they don't learn, but can we see it? More so with Cup teammates than racing Cup guys. Just kind of a dumb excuse to have Cup guys beating up on Xfin guys.

And what Xfin guy is going to complain? If they did they'd sound like Busch. No, they just keep their mouth shut and hope a good Cup team notices or keeps them in the fold.

Uh huh…and you’re definitely going to learn from more experienced drivers.
I don't understand what you're getting at. You're moving the goalposts and not addressing what I really said. You said something, then said you didn't say that, and now you're agreeing with it afterall?

Exactly...it's not like the Xfinity guys development is critical in any way to racing Cup guys. Not saying they don't learn, but can we see it? More so with Cup teammates than racing Cup guys. Just kind of a dumb excuse to have Cup guys beating up on Xfin guys.

And what Xfin guy is going to complain? If they did they'd sound like Busch. No, they just keep their mouth shut and hope a good Cup team notices or keeps them in the fold.
If you’re an Xfin driver and you run with or beat a Cup driver then you stand a better chance of getting noticed.

I don't understand what you're getting at. You're moving the goalposts and not addressing what I really said. You said something, then said you didn't say that, and now you're agreeing with it afterall?
It’s been my point all along that Xfin drivers are going to gain knowledge by running with more experienced drivers…🤷🏻‍♂️

If you’re an Xfin driver and you run with or beat a Cup driver then you stand a better chance of getting noticed.
That is true, but not critical to being noticed, learning to race, etc. Cup drivers down there isn't making a huge difference in those guys' prospects. Who remembers second place?

Then to act like you did something incredible..... :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom