Kyle Busch will NOT race in the Daytona 500

From Jayski

UPDATE: Matt Crafton will replace Kyle Busch in the Daytona 500, a person familiar with the arrangement told USA TODAY Sports. The person requested anonymity because they were not authorized to speak on the matter. Crafton, the Camping World Truck Series champion, went to Joe Gibbs Racing on Saturday night to get fitted for a seat in the #18 car. The team thought of using Xfinity Series driver Erik Jones, but NASCAR overruled it based on his inexperience in a Cup car. Busch and Crafton are not only both Toyota drivers, but also close friends. Crafton was a groomsman in Busch's wedding.(USA Today)(2-21-2015)

@NASCAR: NEWS: @KyleBusch has sustained a right lower leg compound fracture and left mid-foot fracture. A return date has not yet been determined.

I think it is safe to say he will be gone for several races. What a shame.

Life will be rough for a minute. That's for sure.

Yeah.. will probably be out awhile. How long was Tony out when he broke his leg two years ago?

11008415_764161986964423_1078919865908388308_n.png

Where are France and Helton? Why aren't they holding the presser?

They're hiding in a corner right now realizing that the qualifying format in all 3 series was a major bust and now one of their bigger stars was injured and will miss a race or maybe more because they were not proactive enough to make sure that every inch of concrete wall at every track is protected by the safer barrier …

I'm not quite sure were you are coming from there bud … I would think Kyle would very much appreciate the support from his fellow drivers … The NASCAR garage is a fraternity where drivers may not always get along but they have a common bond …
I'm just different than most folks. I don't even want a funeral or put the family through a visitation. Just chunk me in the ground and go about your business. Ain't no body gonna' know no different when you are gone anyway.

Terrible news for Kyle, his team and especially his fans … hoping for a speedy recovery ….

I'm just different than most folks. I don't even want a funeral or put the family through a visitation. Just chunk me in the ground and go about your business. Ain't no body gonna' know no different when you are gone anyway.

It is funny you said that as I had that conversation today. I want to go from where I drop to the incinerator and that's that. No visitation, no funeral, no memorial, no nothing.

I know it is normal to visit people at the hospital and I do so regularly as most people like it. People in old folks homes really like a visit too and they think I am a youngster! However like you I would rather see people after I am up and around instead of when I am infirm.

Maybe what?

I dont see what's so crazy about friends and family visiting someone in the hospital. Thought that was what you did anyway.

Or maybe they should just wait until he's in a coma perhaps?

If I'm in a hospital, alone and feeling worse for wear, I want company!
See...... that's the difference in me and you...... and... there's nothing wrong with that..... I really don't want to see anyone if I'm sick. But... that might come from me and the wife not being outgoing and entertaining friends. We are pretty much just self sufficient and don't mingle. Everyone is different and that's all good.

He must have had both feet on the brakes. Those are the dangerous hits, not the tumble through the air ones. Get better Kyle, Enjoy the baby when it comes.
Id hope he'd be smart enough to take his feet off the pedals when hitting the wall head on. Hell, they teach that in street driving school. My theory is he broke his foot by the feet hitting the pedals on impact & the leg just by the force of impact. Compound fractures are nasty.

He must have had both feet on the brakes. Those are the dangerous hits, not the tumble through the air ones. Get better Kyle, Enjoy the baby when it comes.

Thank goodness he is still alive to enjoy that baby, Nascar dropped the ball on the safer barrier deal, hopefully this incident will be the one that forces them to make the changes to ALL the tracks that need them

I feel sick for Kyle as he will likely feel the effects of these injuries long after he has finished driving.

I get that and when I go its wrap me in some saran wrap and flush me down … were not talking about you or me or a funeral …

This is about a fraternity of guys who go out 36+ weeks a year risking their well being doing something that has a inherent danger to it and when some thing bad happens to one of them the other members of this fraternity rally around him to lend him support … its no different then the NFL when a player gets seriously injured and players from both sides stop and give him support before he is carted off the field …

My sincerest sympathies to the fans of both Kurt and Kyle Busch on this board. It's been truly an awful speedweeks and yet another blackeye for a sport struggling to find its footing.

Bogus qualifying fiasco, horrible on track product, removing a marquee driver from his ride the day before the Daytona 500 before he's even be charged with a crime, and now possibly the sport's best driver has had his career possibly put on jeopardy. All because NASCAR would rather spend 400 million dollars to upgrade the video boards and suites rather than put SAFER barriers around the entire ******* racetrack in which cars crash violently at 200 mph.

Enough is enough. I'm done. **** you NASCAR. **** you Brian France.

That is all.

I get that and when I go its wrap me in some saran wrap and flush me down … were not talking about you or me or a funeral …

This is about a fraternity of guys who go out 36+ weeks a year risking their well being doing something that has a inherent danger to it and when some thing bad happens to one of them the other members of this fraternity rally around him to lend him support … its no different then the NFL when a player gets seriously injured and players from both sides stop and give him support before he is carted off the field …
I also work with a fraternity of guys. We work as a team..... but.... If I get hurt or sick...... I don't want to see a steady line of them at the hospital that I have to stay awake and talk to and entrertain. I'm in the hospital for a reason.... it';s because I am not in good health and needing rest. I can't rest when every Tom ,Dick, and Harry is coming in the room. Just leave me the hell alone.

Damn, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. What a horrible week for NAZCAR or should I say for the men and women who really are NAZCAR.

Tony was out of a race car from August 15th ish 2013 to about January 15th ish 2014, so about 5 months, and I heard Kyle's injury is less severe.

So Kyle will roughly be back by late July, Indianapolis perhaps.

Really horrible that a driver gets taken out of the race two days in a row, but props to Daytona International Speedway for fast reaction, The whole facility will be an amazing racing facility once the SAFER wall project is complete and Daytona Rising, compared to the Daytona in 2013.

July until Daytona the next season. Even then wasn't and still isn't 100%
wow.. that's a long time. Kyle's a little bit younger than Tony.. not a lot.. but maybe that will make a difference. I heard too his injuries weren't as severe.. but they still sound pretty severe to me.

If he doesn't rush back he will be fine, Tony was back in the car to quickly and he has never been in good physical shape. However this injury is probably a lot worse, but guys who play much more strenuous sports have come back from this, Paul George of the Indian Pacers had a similar injury and is attempting to make a comeback in May. Granted that would be 9 months after his injury, but I would think a comeback in basketball would be much more lengthy than in racing.

Back
Top Bottom