Kyle Larson

Larson is still a tremendously talented driver. CGR as a whole took a huge step forward this year. They’ll rebound next season. The 42 will be a force for years to come.

Not sure how the stats compare between Target and non Target cars this year, but he seems to have awful luck in the Credit One and First Data cars

It appears Larson can't handle the car when its not right. Some are accusing him of wrecking the car on purpose Sunday, listen to radioactive.

It appears Larson can't handle the car when its not right. Some are accusing him of wrecking the car on purpose Sunday, listen to radioactive.
^ thats what it sounds like
Lol, no. Cant handle the car? The kid races on dirt more than he does on asphalt.

Larson had the fastest car on track and each pit stop the CC decided to adjust and junked it. Dominated stage 2 and the bad pit stops coupled with stupid adjustments cost Larson the car. 3 weeks in a row the car has fallen apart on Larson and now the CC and spotter want to **** on Larson for it?

Tip for Larson - Don’t turn down a job offered by Jeff Gordon.

Thats not what it sounds like to me...

To me it sounds and looks like he's mailed it in since falling out of the playoffs. The spin he had in Martinsville and last weekend in Texas looked to me as if he just doesn't want to be out there. Conveniently blaming the "issues" of the car.

Thats not what it sounds like to me...

To me it sounds and looks like he's mailed it in since falling out of the playoffs. The spin he had in Martinsville and last weekend in Texas looked to me as if he just doesn't want to be out there. Conveniently blaming the "issues" of the car.
Are you actually following the #42 team or are you basing your opinion that Larson walls it on purpose off of one soundbite from Radioactive?

Are you actually following the #42 team or are you basing your opinion that Larson walls it on purpose off of one soundbite from Radioactive?

I'm not saying that every wreck he's ever had in NASCAR is based of him intentionally wrecking if he didn't have a good car. I do believe that the last 2 weeks it looks, to me, like he has mailed it in now that he doesn't have a shot at the title.

I mean, the CC and spotter convo was pretty telling, even if it was a sound bite. I'd like to hear what you think about that chatter.

I mean, the CC and spotter convo was pretty telling, even if it was a sound bite. I'd like to hear what you think about that chatter.
I think when you take the fastest car and turn it into a junk 15th place car falling like a rock and the driver finally loses it, and then blame the driver, its pretty ******. Especially after providing cars in the previous weeks that fall
apart under the driver.

CGR is damn lucky to still have Larson in the seat. Sounds like some ungrateful BS going on.

"Can't wait til the last lap at Homestead."

-Larson after the race Sunday
Yeah that screams phoning it in to me. However his lack of want-to could be a direct result of what Chex is saying. There's likely enough blame to go around to all parties here.

Besides that, wanting the season to be done and over with once you're eliminated from title contention is totally understandable imo. As a fan, that's when I check out. Granted these guys have sponsor obligations and other things that should require they give full effort, but I get it, and NASCAR has made it that way. I'm the same way with other sports, especially college football. If there's no shot at the 4 team playoff, I couldn't care less about the other bowl games.

Yeah that screams phoning it in to me. However his lack of want-to could be a direct result of what Chex is saying. There's likely enough blame to go around to all parties here.
Who the hell wants to drive for a CC, or play for a coach, who messes up like Hogan’s goat and distributes the blame to the driver/players?

Sounds like theres too much ego and too little accountability.

The answer's simple..... He just doesn't care anymore. Kinda like Jeff Gordon a little while back. We probably need a 'Does Larson even care anymore?' Thread.

Oh, and he's going to have another kid. I've heard when drivers have kinds, their production drops off. Maybe that's it?

The answer's simple..... He just doesn't care anymore. Kinda like Jeff Gordon a little while back. We probably need a 'Does Larson even care anymore?' Thread.

Ha! Just like when Jimmie Johnson had kids and destroyed his career.

I think Kyle would rather be dirt racing and really doesn't care about NASCAR.

Besides that, wanting the season to be done and over with once you're eliminated from title contention is totally understandable imo. As a fan, that's when I check out. Granted these guys have sponsor obligations and other things that should require they give full effort, but I get it, and NASCAR has made it that way. I'm the same way with other sports, especially college football. If there's no shot at the 4 team playoff, I couldn't care less about the other bowl games.
Especially the way Larson lost contention. Its a circus. Logano has said it, Larson has said it, etc... the best drivers on points getting shutout for some trivial circumstance.

The CFB situation is the same. Players who are NFL eligible are now backing out of playing in bowl games to keep themselves safe from injury. Direct result of the playoff system diminishing the importance of other bowl games.

I think when you take the fastest car and turn it into a junk 15th place car falling like a rock and the driver finally loses it, and then blame the driver, its pretty ******. Especially after providing cars in the previous weeks that fall
apart under the driver.

I don't know if I buy that. They've been a top 3 car all year and now all the sudden the CC and team doesn't know how to make the correct changes? Are you implying the CC is, in some way, sabotaging the car?

What? No. Nobody is sabotaging anything, driver or team.

Its just incompetent calls that are costly.

Ok - I didn't think so but the way you said 'taking the fastest car and making it junk' could be taken that way I guess.

Larson got up in the marbles, pancaked it into the wall in turn 4, straightened it up and went into turn 1 and finished it off. That might be why they had the comments, instead of coming into the pits after the first wall, he kept on and finished it off in turn1,2.

CGR is damn lucky to still have Larson in the seat. Sounds like some ungrateful BS going on.

Here we go with this again. The 42 has outran the entire Hendrick camp pretty much all season. CGR doesn’t need to be grateful for anything. They’ve given Larson cars worthy of his immense talent.

He’s obviously frustrated with how his season has crumbled the last month. I doubt his CC and spotter would just make up a bunch of crap about him junking the car. Nor would Larson be the first driver to check out when things don’t go his way.

I think a lot of you are reading further into the comment by the Johnstone than necessary..

Just listened to this week's radioactive, big Disclaimer is its a small small sample size but..... all does not sound well at CGR/Kyle Larson.

I think a lot of you are reading further into the comment by the Johnstone than necessary..
Maybe he meant two weeks in a row the car got wrecked... the snippet is edited to make one infer that Larson wrecked two weeks on purpose himself instead of just having bad luck.

Until his cars fall apart when needed the most. 2nd season in a row.

Can’t dispute that. However, this isn’t an issue specific to CGR.

Maybe Chip should get his money back from Mr. H on that motor that grenaded at Kansas.

Until his cars fall apart when needed the most. 2nd season in a row.

I can think of two championships Gordon lost because of late season mechanical problem (1996, 2004). Mechanical failure wiped out any chance of Johnson beating Keselowski at Homestead in 2012. It happens.

This place is ridiculous. Watch the ******* in car from the race. He is driving the car until it kills the fence. The kid grabbed the shifter as the car jumped out from under him in what appears to be an attempt to downshift. When the car gets loose his hands are crossed up. The reality is that this team lost a great opportunity. They were a top team headed to Miami and just like that it disappeared. When you look at CGR in the last round both cars fell off considerably. Larson's team misses the setup on qualifying routinely and they have their fair share of issues on pit road. Sunday they had a loose wheel that required too much time to take care of and bad stops. At one point Johnston tells Larson that they will get him track position back on pit road and they never did. Obviously Larson is annoyed with the results as of late, but he hasn't quit.

Just listened to this week's radioactive, big Disclaimer is its a small small sample size but..... all does not sound well at CGR/Kyle Larson.

I listened to their whole race and don't feel the same way. Don't make a judgement off the radioactive vids. They are heavily edited... half the time using footage from seasons past.

I thought he was just showing that frustration and unfiltered disgust that many find so adorable about the other Kyle. ;)

Back
Top Bottom