Kyle Larson

This place is ridiculous. Watch the ******* in car from the race. He is driving the car until it kills the fence. The kid grabbed the shifter as the car jumped out from under him in what appears to be an attempt to downshift. When the car gets loose his hands are crossed up. The reality is that this team lost a great opportunity. They were a top team headed to Miami and just like that it disappeared. When you look at CGR in the last round both cars fell off considerably. Larson's team misses the setup on qualifying routinely and they have their fair share of issues on pit road. Sunday they had a loose wheel that required too much time to take care of and bad stops. At one point Johnston tells Larson that they will get him track position back on pit road and they never did. Obviously Larson is annoyed with the results as of late, but he hasn't quit.
/thread

Lol its simple. Larson is dissappointed, and over this season.

Going through the motions

It wouldn't shock me if he's not around many more years and switches to being a full time World of Outlaws sprint car driver. You can tell he doesn't care for pavement racing unless he's winning.

I know Larson was hot in the car. They all had that in common, the rest of it is anybodies guess..and they have. I think he blew a right front or had it hot. He went up the track and hit the wall flat and hard..the car was in bad shape but he kept driving it hard down the front straight and into the next corner where he lost it. Did he kill it on purpose, or mistakenly thought it wasn't hurt that bad? who knows. He ain't talking.

Another DNF for the 42...

Going by the last few weeks, it's hard to believe many people had them penciled in to be part of the final four at Homestead. :confused:

It wouldn't shock me if he's not around many more years and switches to being a full time World of Outlaws sprint car driver. You can tell he doesn't care for pavement racing unless he's winning.
I'd be completely shocked if that happened, but those that follow him closely would probably know more than me.

Larson is driving a sprinter and competing in the big races there now, runs the Chili bowl in a midget, and races a full schedule in cup, and plenty of racing in Xfinity. So doing that, he will race less, and make less, doing less. Call me crazy but I don't see that happening any time soon.

I don't understand the HMS motor failures and find it highly unusual. Maybe the 42 is running less cooling to the radiator or oil cooler, compared to other HMS setups.

Smoke was the same way. Their passion is for dirt. They race NASCAR because the money is there.

Gun to the head, they had to pick pavement or dirt? Both guys would rather race dirt.

Larson is driving a sprinter and competing in the big races there now, runs the Chili bowl in a midget, and races a full schedule in cup, and plenty of racing in Xfinity. So doing that, he will race less, and make less, doing less. Call me crazy but I don't see that happening any time soon.
One of the Nascar shows did a special on him with interviews awhile back that pretty much pegged him. I don't think he cares much for Cup racing. He said they get to the tracks way too early, practice too much and the races are too long. He comes from racing that is more driver than car, Cup is the exact opposite and I think he gets frustrated with it. He clearly enjoys himself more in his element..................dirt. Not sure how much the money means to him, but I wouldn't put it past him to call it quits in a couple of years and go back to dirt permanently. Just my 2 cents from seeing interviews with him.

I don't understand the HMS motor failures and find it highly unusual. Maybe the 42 is running less cooling to the radiator or oil cooler, compared to other HMS setups.
Could be the HMS employee who tunes Larson's engine is making sure he doesn't win and take Chase out of it.

Here's some interesting stats for Kyle's 2017

Target primary sponsored races: 19 races, 4 wins, 11 top 5, 14 top 10
Non Target primary sponsored races: 16 races, 0 wins, 3 top 5, 5 top 10

Wow, very interesting. Thanks for posting.

Funny that he views NASCAR as a stepping stone to get to full time Outlaw racing. I imagine he's speaking in terms of wanting to be financially set. There's obviously nothing keeping him from doing it talent wise.

Yup. NASCAR....just in it for the money until he can follow his true passion. Think my driver said he didn't care about the money--he wanted trophies. Like that much better than the stepping stone guy. Seriously, win a damn championship, and then look through your nose at the series.

Yup. NASCAR....just in it for the money until he can follow his true passion. Think my driver said he didn't care about the money--he wanted trophies. Like that much better than the stepping stone guy. Seriously, win a damn championship, and then look through your nose at the series.
Do you think fans are the only ones that have the right to show their dislike for the series?

Reactions: sdj
He's not the first NASCAR driver to enjoy dirt racing more and won't be the last. If he can use NASCAR as a means to an end, good for him. Regular people use jobs as a gateway to other things all the time.

Not a good look when a fan saves all year to get to a race he participates in. NASCAR may be a means to an end for him, but for some fans, that one event is the end in terms of their interface with the sport. Knowing that a guy would rather be somewhere else, and is aspiring to be there doesn't settle well with some. Larson puts out a funky vibe from time to time.

adds to Larson's popularity to race in different series, he like other Nascar stars are good for the gate as they say. All of the greats Foyt, Andretti, Gurney, Stewart, raced everything they could get into during their careers on dirt or pavement, closed or open wheel.

Last edited:
Not a good look when a fan saves all year to get to a race he participates in. NASCAR may be a means to an end for him, but for some fans, that one event is the end in terms of their interface with the sport. Knowing that a guy would rather be somewhere else, and is aspiring to be there doesn't settle well with some. Larson puts out a funky vibe from time to time.
So are you saying that when any driver chooses a series to make a living in that they should be obligated to remain in that series for their whole career? Sorry Revman but I disagree with your post.

Rev didn't get the Toyota memo
kyle-larson-wins-tues-prelim.jpg

So are you saying that when any driver chooses a series to make a living in that they should be obligated to remain in that series for their whole career? Sorry Revman but I disagree with your post.

Not at all....but I don't think that a driver should put it out there that the Cup Series isn't the end all for him. Fans pay big money for the perception that the driver lives and dies this stuff. To put it out there that what is perceived to be the summit of the mountain is, in fact, simply a stepping stone is not a good look. Additionally, for a fan to pay this big money to provide said stepping stone when a driver is pretty public about mansion life isn't a good look. To put it in terms most around here would understand....if Kyle Busch used NASCAR to get to his late model, and that is truly where he wanted to be....he wouldn't be my driver. This fan doesn't want to feel like my middle class dollar is being used to support something "bigger" in my driver's mind. You have a mansion. You don't need my dollar. I will save it for someone who gives me the perception that he is all in. If this was a different driver, we would be discussing his level of commitment to a Cup Championship IMO.

adds to Larson's popularity to race in different series, he like other Nascar stars are good for the gate as they say. All of the greats Foyt, Andretti, Gurney, Stewart, raced everything they could get into during their careers on dirt or pavement, closed or open wheel.

....and they are heroes of course.....where others who do the same thing are not seen the same way.....okay. SMDH.

....and they are heroes of course.....where others who do the same thing are not seen the same way.....okay. SMDH.

In that vein, Larson is racing the very best in dirt. KDB? not so much. If KDB had more fans he might build the gate in the trucks or Xfinity, Larson does that in the dirt and will be remembered for it. KDB save for a few will be remembered as a royal P.I.T.A. in the lower series who needs to move on.

Personally I don't think it will bother Larson fans that he would like to race sprint cars full time. Ganassi? not so much

In that vein, Larson is racing the very best in dirt. KDB? not so much. If KDB had more fans he might build the gate in the trucks or Xfinity, Larson does that in the dirt and will be remembered for it. KDB save for a few will be remembered as a royal P.I.T.A. in the lower series who needs to move on.

How many a night do you think Larson brings v. how many Kyle brings to Trucks/Xfinity? Per event....and cite your source please.....If Kyle had more fans.....LOL :XXROFL:

Personally I don't think it will bother Larson fans that he would like to race sprint cars full time. Ganassi? not so much

Don't know who the Larson fans are. Can't find them at the track. Don't know their identity.

Don't know who the Larson fans are. Can't find them at the track. Don't know their identity.
I'm one... and I love to watch him run on the dirt way more then on pavement. I'm not trying to start an argument with you or anything like that I just don't agree with you on this subject...maybe it is because I have been on both sides of the ladder. I just think sometimes we as fans think we are deserved more then we really are from these drivers. It's true that us as a fan has the right to choose if we want to spend our hard earned money on tickets for a race or a drivers, shirts, hats , or even a G-string bikini with a picture of the drivers face on the front of it for our wife or girl friend. But, in the end all we are really entitled to is the product we purchased and a seat at the track...the more money the better the seat.:)

How many a night do you think Larson brings v. how many Kyle brings to Trucks/Xfinity? Per event....and cite your source please.....If Kyle had more fans.....LOL :XXROFL:
Grandview Speedway had probably 3,000 more fans there than they normally do for a 410 sprint car show when Larson showed up there in July. Standing room only and that place has room for over 5,000. Same with all the tracks he ran at during PA speedweek. 5,000 is probably about what a truck crowd is these days outside of Eldora and Daytona.

I am one and looking forward to Daytona Twins to see him do his thing "LIVE" in a Cup Car and if he runs at Volusia in a 410, I will be there to watch that, I don't care what he drives, he is a blast to watch and since my main man Matt got kicked, well, I am leaning toward Larson as my week to week pull for guy. I could give a **** less what manufactured vehicle they drive as long as it is an approved legal Racer Car.

Yep. not around for Larson's reign, but I know back in the day at my track I went to weekly when the world of outlaws came, ticket prices doubled and the place was packed. That wasn't with Nascar stars showing up like it is today. I guarantee Larson makes a difference when he shows up. He's damn good in a dirt car. Christopher Bell ain't too shabby either

Not at all....but I don't think that a driver should put it out there that the Cup Series isn't the end all for him. Fans pay big money for the perception that the driver lives and dies this stuff. To put it out there that what is perceived to be the summit of the mountain is, in fact, simply a stepping stone is not a good look. Additionally, for a fan to pay this big money to provide said stepping stone when a driver is pretty public about mansion life isn't a good look. To put it in terms most around here would understand....if Kyle Busch used NASCAR to get to his late model, and that is truly where he wanted to be....he wouldn't be my driver. This fan doesn't want to feel like my middle class dollar is being used to support something "bigger" in my driver's mind. You have a mansion. You don't need my dollar. I will save it for someone who gives me the perception that he is all in. If this was a different driver, we would be discussing his level of commitment to a Cup Championship IMO.
You spend your money for your enjoyment. I doubt very much you send any money to a driver to help him become rich and famous.

I'm one... and I love to watch him run on the dirt way more then on pavement. I'm not trying to start an argument with you or anything like that I just don't agree with you on this subject...maybe it is because I have been on both sides of the ladder. I just think sometimes we as fans think we are deserved more then we really are from these drivers. It's true that us as a fan has the right to choose if we want to spend our hard earned money on tickets for a race or a drivers, shirts, hats , or even a G-string bikini with a picture of the drivers face on the front of it for our wife or girl friend. But, in the end all we are really entitled to is the product we purchased and a seat at the track...the more money the better the seat.:)

Yeah, no argument here as well. All I ask from my driver is that he gives 100% and makes winning the center of his existence for 4 hours or so. Additionally, I need him as--if not more--disappointed than me if it doesn't work out. Shrugging the shoulders with an attitude of "there are bigger things" doesn't work for me....because for 4 hours, there is nothing else in my world. I don't feel the same with Trucks or Xfinity. Save the stepping stone stuff for those series, dirt, or whatever. Having said all of that, if a driver feels differently, IMO it would be respectful to the series to keep it to himself. I do remember that Larson had some things to say about the money he wasn't making on gear sales. Also, not a good look IMO. Again, I am not that fan that asks a lot other than what I mentioned from my drivers. I have never asked for an autograph, or a picture--don't have a problem with that stuff--just not what I want from them.

Grandview Speedway had probably 3,000 more fans there than they normally do for a 410 sprint car show when Larson showed up there in July. Standing room only and that place has room for over 5,000. Same with all the tracks he ran at during PA speedweek. 5,000 is probably about what a truck crowd is these days outside of Eldora and Daytona.

No source. None.

You spend your money for your enjoyment. I doubt very much you send any money to a driver to help him become rich and famous.

Yeah, and my enjoyment is depreciated if my driver is only half there to compete and half there to enable himself to move on to something else. I don't give a **** how a driver feels, but for God's sake treat the average fan who has busted his ass to see you drive right by giving him the perception that you are all in. Larson is becoming whiney IMO--yeah spare me the Busch references in this context. Win the title, then you have the right to piss in that big cup. I never worry about whether or not my driver is all in--he consistently gives me the perception that he is. I like that.

Back
Top Bottom