Larson reinstated by nascar for 21

If it turns out that he is really the one to take over the 88 seat then I would bet HMS had already been in contact with NASCAR and this was probably already green lighted and they just had to make the announcement. I wonder if he will move back to NC? The kid learned an expensive and valuable lesson about life and I'm glad he has bettered himself and hope he goes on to teach others about racism and do good things that will help other young kids growing up. I don't like a world that is vindictive and destroys peopled lives... I like a world that teaches people and helps to be better their lives.

Last edited:
If it turns out that he is really the one to take over the 88 seat then I would bet HMS had already been in contact with NASCAR and this was probably already green lighted and they just had to make the announcement. I wonder if he will move back to NC? The kid learned an expensive and valuable lesson about life and I'm glad he has bettered himself and hope he goes on to teach others about racism and do good things that will help other young kids growing up. I don't like a world that is vindictive and destroys peopled lives... I like a world that teaches people and helps to be better their lives.
It will be the #5

Wasn't it quoted from Rick that he was looking for a driver for under 2 mil and that's why Jones was passed over????
I wonder what Jones will get at RPM? I'm thinking less then 2 mil. It is hard to say what HMS will pay Larson if he is the driver and if he brings any sponsor with him would make a difference.

The road to redemption is long and littered with obstacles. So far, Larson has done a nice job of navigating his way around them.

He’s had some significant helpers from among the decision makers. They obviously want him to succeed, on and off the track. So do I.

Very glad to see Larson returning.

I wish my excitement for the package and the scoring format was even in the same neighborhood as my excitement for these excellent young drivers.

I like the idea of Larson going to HMS. He may just be the leader the organization needs with their younger drivers. Young drivers don't always go well with older CC's who may be set in their ways. I hope the #24 team gets a modern CC. Older men seem to get set in their ways as some of you may admit. To make progress you have to try new things, right off what doesn't work and find what does.

Wasn't it quoted from Rick that he was looking for a driver for under 2 mil and that's why Jones was passed over????
David Smith at Motorsport Analytics reported in August that Hendrick was looking to pay $2 million or less to replace the retiring Jimmie Johnson, citing inside sources familiar. That's not like Rick Hendrick putting it in a press release, but Smith has a long history with a driver representation agency. So it's not just some random rumor on Twitter or something.

Smith is a relative expert at driver contracts, compensation, etc. And he said Erik Jones' resume of accomplishments might point toward a higher number, but he never said money issues prevented Hendrick from signing Jones. Surely Jones would accept less money than he wants from Hendrick before he'd accept less money than he wants from Richard Petty Motorsports!

Kyle Larson will be paid like a rookie at HMS, according to Jordan Bianchi, citing inside sources. I can't remember exactly where Bianchi said that. I think it was from his recent Q&A session with subscribers, but not sure.

Larson to Hendrick?
maybe Hendrick drops to three cars....

Larson to Spire or GoFas.....Xfinity

Larson should run Xfinity full time for a year before returning to Cup. He would be a much better fit in the 14 (or Hamlin/Jordan team) in 2022

Larson should run Xfinity full time for a year before returning to Cup. He would be a much better fit in the 14 (or Hamlin/Jordan team) in 2022
That won't fly...fans already get on the chip when a cupper drives even a few races in the minors and beats up on the youngsters. :)

Kyle Larson will be paid like a rookie at HMS, according to Jordan Bianchi, citing inside sources.

This makes sense, as the sponsorship pieces are going to be difficult to put together for the initial season, and Larson has zero bargaining power until he rebuilds a reputation. In terms of performance, it should be a bargain for Hendrick.

Thinking outside the box, I would like to see Larson get a ride on a close affiliate of SHR like the Penske/Wood bros model. I find it hard to believe that if he goes to Hendrick he will be able to run wild and race sprint cars and all things dirt at every chance he gets.

Kyle never moved from NC. He only sold the new house he was having built. He kept his original house he lives in and his shop that housed the KLR 2 WoO team, (which sounds like it may be dissolved at the completion of this year.

He will be one dangerous dude if he is paid as a rookie because he will be driving the wheels of his car so he can move up the ladder for a larger chunk of the fudge.
Maybe. Before his slur, every time he stepped out the car he really didn’t look like he cared that much about the race. He’s already said he’s more passionate about his sprint career than his asphalt/NASCAR career. I’m sure he enjoys all forms of racing but since NASCAR is the big ticket, it’s also the big paycheck and he has a family to feed.

He will be one dangerous dude if he is paid as a rookie because he will be driving the wheels of his car so he can move up the ladder for a larger chunk of the fudge.
If he does go to Hendrick, compared to what Johnson has been doing the last couple of years, it shouldn't be hard to improve on that for the organization. Not slamming Jimmie, but looking ahead. Bowman races the Chili Bowl also, so they have that in common

So you think that he will be better than he has been? Because he will be "underpaid?" He didn't get on dirt what he got in Cup....and he did okay....

Is he going to actually love stock car racing this time around? Seems like he learned real quick that he definitely loved the money part.

:idunno:

Is he going to actually love stock car racing this time around? Seems like he learned real quick that he definitely loved the money part.

:idunno:
A situation like that would be a massive wake up call to appreciate it more than before.

He doesn't have to love it, but he better appreciate everyone sticking their necks out for him to give him this second opportunity. He certainly sounds sincere about it, so with this over he can start focusing for next season.

I think a little bit different about Kyle's first time around. As he did after he was booted, he was winning everything in sight on the dirt scene. He comes into Nascar and he wasn't the big I am. So he got sarcastic and acted like he didn't care, but he really did care. Then trying to be slick and fit in he gets caught saying the N word. Don't think for a minute he was the only one doing it in the click he was running with, he was the one that got caught. Hopefully the rest of them learned something also. It's tough making big money with a big head. I happen to think he learned something, most if not all of us learn the hard way from our mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom