Larson reinstated by nascar for 21

He will be one dangerous dude if he is paid as a rookie because he will be driving the wheels of his car so he can move up the ladder for a larger chunk of the fudge.
You gotta believe whatever contract Larson signs will be heavy with performance incentives.

this is the best post ive read on here in months.
A situation like that would be a massive wake up call to appreciate it more than before.

He doesn't have to love it, but he better appreciate everyone sticking their necks out for him to give him this second opportunity. He certainly sounds sincere about it, so with this over he can start focusing for next season.

So you think that he will be better than he has been? Because he will be "underpaid?" He didn't get on dirt what he got in Cup....and he did okay....
Not necessarily because he is underpaid but because he will be starting over with a new team and he is probably going to be up on the wheel so he can prove that HMS made a good choice in him. I'm sure he knows if that happens then the money will come also. Plus he is going to be fighting to try and move up the ladder to become the number one driver at HMS and that is not going to be an easy task. But, first he has to get the job and that is the big unknown for any of us fans.

Meh, there are so many other drivers out there who actually deserve this spot in my opinion. You combine the stupid **** he said + his performance lately and it's a hard pass from me.

I hope he bombs out and eventually gets replaced with someone who actually deserves a ride.

wow
Meh, there are so many other drivers out there who actually deserve this spot in my opinion. You combine the stupid **** he said + his performance lately and it's a hard pass from me.

I hope he bombs out and eventually gets replaced with someone who actually deserves a ride.

I think a little bit different about Kyle's first time around. As he did after he was booted, he was winning everything in sight on the dirt scene. He comes into Nascar and he wasn't the big I am. So he got sarcastic and acted like he didn't care, but he really did care. Then trying to be slick and fit in he gets caught saying the N word. Don't think for a minute he was the only one doing it in the click he was running with, he was the one that got caught. Hopefully the rest of them learned something also. It's tough making big money with a big head. I happen to think he learned something, most if not all of us learn the hard way from our mistakes.
There's no other way to learn. You tell someone not to do it, and they are gonna do it to find out why they shouldn't.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Not necessarily because he is underpaid but because he will be starting over with a new team and he is probably going to be up on the wheel so he can prove that HMS made a good choice in him. I'm sure he knows if that happens then the money will come also. Plus he is going to be fighting to try and move up the ladder to become the number one driver at HMS and that is not going to be an easy task. But, first he has to get the job and that is the big unknown for any of us fans.
I don't think he will be the #1 as long as Chase is there.

Looks like Rick didn't care who may or may not 'deserve' the seat, only who was the best, most experience talent available he could put in it, esp. when he could get Larson at a bargain price. If the sponsors don't have issues it sounds like good bidness to me.

Maybe not but it will be fun watching him try. :)
It depends on the team. Larson is the better talent, so I wouldn't be surprised to see These two be Jimmie and Jeff of the late 2000s.

It depends on the team. Larson is the better talent, so I wouldn't be surprised to see These two be Jimmie and Jeff of the late 2000s.

I think Bowman might be right there in the mix with them. Like I said earlier, next year will be interesting at HMS, and I couldn't be anymore excited for the 2021 season. I do wish they would hurry up and make the announcement about the 88 car though.

I think Bowman might be right there in the mix with them. Like I said earlier, next year will be interesting at HMS, and I couldn't be anymore excited for the 2021 season. I do wish they would hurry up and make the announcement about the 88 car though.
Don't you mean the 5 car?? :biggrin:

His performance lately has been stellar. Larson could make a career solely out of dirt racing if he wanted to and become really successful in that arena. So, I don't follow your logic here. The other counter-point to your statement would be that while the **** he said was stupid, he's been doing everything he can to make amends for his actions. He's done everything required to get reinstated and has had good people in his ear to help change his perspectives. I take it you haven't read the statement he released recently?

I think a little bit different about Kyle's first time around. As he did after he was booted, he was winning everything in sight on the dirt scene. He comes into Nascar and he wasn't the big I am. So he got sarcastic and acted like he didn't care, but he really did care. Then trying to be slick and fit in he gets caught saying the N word. Don't think for a minute he was the only one doing it in the click he was running with, he was the one that got caught. Hopefully the rest of them learned something also. It's tough making big money with a big head. I happen to think he learned something, most if not all of us learn the hard way from our mistakes.

Somebody wanna tell @StandOnIt that Mr. Rogers hacked his account?

Looks like Rick didn't care who may or may not 'deserve' the seat, only who was the best, most experience talent available he could put in it, esp. when he could get Larson at a bargain price. If the sponsors don't have issues it sounds like good bidness to me.

His performance lately has been stellar. Larson could make a career solely out of dirt racing if he wanted to and become really successful in that arena. So, I don't follow your logic here. The other counter-point to your statement would be that while the **** he said was stupid, he's been doing everything he can to make amends for his actions. He's done everything required to get reinstated and has had good people in his ear to help change his perspectives. I take it you haven't read the statement he released recently?

I wouldn't expect Rick to care and I don't care what Kyle says, of course he's saying the right things and issuing the correct statements because that's what everyone does nowadays when they act like an idiot and need to beg and grovel for a job. I didn't care much for him before all this and I like him even less after.

It's a sport and I'll be rooting against him every race. **** em.

I wouldn't expect Rick to care and I don't care what Kyle says, of course he's saying the right things and issuing the correct statements because that's what everyone does nowadays when they act like an idiot and need to beg and grovel for a job. I didn't care much for him before all this and I like him even less after.

From the looks of things you don't seem to like many drivers and seem to enjoy trashing them..kinda strange

I'm reminded of the guy I watched at Richmond one night. He spent 400 laps watching the #24 go around, so he could give Gordon the finger every time he came by. That's a whole lot of attention to give to someone you supposedly dislike.

I get what you're saying since we see this situation play out a lot nowadays. However, if you were making a living by driving racecars in the country's most lucrative racing league only to do something that got you sent home, you'd probably do whatever you could to keep your foot in the door too.

I'm reminded of the guy I watched at Richmond one night. He spent 400 laps watching the #24 go around, so he could give Gordon the finger every time he came by. That's a whole lot of attention to give to someone you supposedly dislike.

I wouldn't expend that much energy and I won't be posting about him in every race thread, I simply don't want to see him do well nor do I think he deserves a top tier car. Talking about him in a thread about his come back is completely different.

I get what you're saying since we see this situation play out a lot nowadays. However, if you were making a living by driving racecars in the country's most lucrative racing league only to do something that got you sent home, you'd probably do whatever you could to keep your foot in the door too.

I wouldn't have ever been in that situation to begin with, it's really not that hard to not do stupid things that affect your career.

I've seen guys do that at a couple or so races. :laugh:

His performance in a dirt car has NEVER been an issue. His performance in a Cup car has. Yes, he has a ton of talent, but it can be the little things that make the difference, and that is where I remain unconvinced. First off I saw him throw away too many top ten runs trying to win the race with an 8th place car. I saw too many types of race tracks where he just seemed lost. Keep in mind that four of his six wins are at Michigan/Fontana. The results beyond that don't eacatly set the world on fire. If he insists on running the high line all of the time, his races ruined VS race win ratio is going to be about 5 to 1. The other unseen thing is how much of a distraction his situation is going to be for him and the team. People like to brag about thriving under chaos, but few can actually pull it off. My opinion is that with the other options out there, particularly Jones, it just isn't worth the hassle. Rick struck gold with a couple of unconventional choices for drivers, and sometimes I think he reaches a little too far trying to strike gold again.

His performance in a dirt car has NEVER been an issue. His performance in a Cup car has. Yes, he has a ton of talent, but it can be the little things that make the difference, and that is where I remain unconvinced. First off I saw him throw away too many top ten runs trying to win the race with an 8th place car. I saw too many types of race tracks where he just seemed lost. Keep in mind that four of his six wins are at Michigan/Fontana. The results beyond that don't eacatly set the world on fire. If he insists on running the high line all of the time, his races ruined VS race win ratio is going to be about 5 to 1. The other unseen thing is how much of a distraction his situation is going to be for him and the team. People like to brag about thriving under chaos, but few can actually pull it off. My opinion is that with the other options out there, particularly Jones, it just isn't worth the hassle. Rick struck gold with a couple of unconventional choices for drivers, and sometimes I think he reaches a little too far trying to strike gold again.

Excellent post and hassle is a great representation of what he also could be to numerous sponsors when they have to deal with people asking and saying they won't buy/use their product because they decided to sponsor him.

that's a long winded opinion, nothing new there. I think I will wait until Larson is settled in over at Hendrick. I think Hendrick's stuff and resources are a notch or two better than Ganassi's. Not worried about sponsorship one bit, there are plenty of B2B's that Hendrick can call on. I don't think Larson could have landed at a better spot.

that's a long winded opinion, nothing new there. I think I will wait until Larson is settled in over at Hendrick. I think Hendrick's stuff and resources are a notch or two better than Ganassi's. Not worried about sponsorship one bit, there are plenty of B2B's that Hendrick can call on. I don't think Larson could have landed at a better spot.

Well I guess I could just make off-hand one sentence comments as some here do that don't actually say anything, OR I could explain my reasoning and give some substance to it. Some people are a lot better at giving opinions than getting them.

I'm sure the sponsorship is for the most part figured out, or we wouldn't have gotten to this point. If sponsorship was the big problem, Rick could have just hired Bubba. Yes, HMS is better than Ganassi, but I wouldn't say it's light years better right now, and yes, Larson probably couldn't land in a better place, but my concern is not Larson, it's HMS. Rick Hendrick's record on hiring big name drivers has not generally ended well.

but my concern is not Larson, it's HMS. Rick Hendrick's record on hiring big name drivers has not generally ended well.
Depends on what your looking at. Have you seen the financials from any of these drivers?
Rick is in the business of making money and that doesn't necessarily mean winning all the time. A good example is junior who brought in sponsor money of 30 mil every year.

Depends on what your looking at. Have you seen the financials from any of these drivers?
Rick is in the business of making money and that doesn't necessarily mean winning all the time. A good example is junior who brought in sponsor money of 30 mil every year.
That and add 11 championships in the last 25 years, and he has the most popular driver in the series ...again. Larson is no slouch in the following he has either.

Reactions: sdj
why come back to boring gotta NASCAR when you can stick to dirt and have fun

Back
Top Bottom