Las Vegas test 1/31-2/1

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by FLRacingFan, Jan 31, 2019.

1. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

after he had his little temper tante, like he does almost every week while in the car at something or somebody, partial sanity returned. :p

Busch said this week: Races will be “more of a mental game, a lot more of a chess match, thinking how you make moves, how daring you’ll be.” I’m sorry, is that not also what we view as a driver’s skill? I certainly have. Making the decision to put your car in a certain place on the track and betting the outcome will be a good one for you seems to me to be a very important part of being a successful driver. Like any rules package that has ever been used in any motorsports, there will be drivers who excel at it and some who fail. Current drivers are simply worried what has proved successful in the past may not work in the future. And you can’t blame them.

2. Thegeneral23

Thegeneral23 Team Owner

Yup so true! Package will suck like I been saying since the all star race .. this year won’t be about drivers at all .. its barely about drivers now.. all this will be is about who can back up to a car and get a push to sling shot in front of other cars..

BobbyFord and IanMcVittie like this.
  3. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Crew Chief

The current drivers don’t want to be part of a slowed down shyte show that takes away talent and speed. That much is obvious.

Thegeneral23 likes this.
  4. BobbyFord

BobbyFord Resident Gearhead Contributor

Like plate racing...

Thegeneral23 likes this.
  5. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

looks like whatever it is it will keep the hand wringers around. :p

6. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

One, I don't think you can watch a few laps at a test session, or listen to some disgruntled driver's comments and determine that. Wait until there is actually something on the line and then judge. If you put that many cars in that close of proximity of each other, guys are going to start taking chances and fireworks are likely to ensue. If guys can get up to somebody, they aren't going to be content to just sit there for long. Whether the drivers like the package or not is of little concern to me. Their point of view is one of the LEAST important, as 99% of the time, it's based on what is good for THEM, not what is good for the sport or anybody else. If you want to hear the biggest complaining at a racetrack, find the guy who thinks he's had some kind of advantage he had taken away.

StandOnIt likes this.
  7. Thegeneral23

Thegeneral23 Team Owner

Yup but at every damn track smh lol.. and this is what nascar fans say will be good haha.. the thing is all this old school heads think they know what’s good for the sport don’t ! They think they know it all when they don’t .. this isn’t back in the day , nascar needs a facelift in every aspect not just racing .. if they want more people in the seats and won’t to change they need to do a good job with the marketing team.. I can tell they have been doing that lately.. but it needs to continue.. i can go on and on.. but let the old heads tell it they know what’s good for the sport.. I been watching for 3 years now and I bet if nascar had the nfl or nba come over and help them , they could help NASCAR a lot with there marketing and the way to do things.. NASCAR is so far behind it’s crazy.. but when they do try to do something different these old 60-80 year olds don’t like change so nascar can’t win it’s crszy..

IanMcVittie likes this.
  8. Thegeneral23

Thegeneral23 Team Owner

So true!! I been loving all ur post .. thanks for keeping it real in here!

IanMcVittie likes this.
  9. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

If drivers are all about speed, then why are the short tracks 80% of the driver's favorite tracks?

10. Thegeneral23

Thegeneral23 Team Owner

I can give you a billion answers to that question that don’t have to do with speed and HP, 1 it gives them an excuse to hit other drivers and not be held responsible by there sponsors! It kinda gives them an excuse for the week.. they held in this box every week and act like robots . I think the biggest thing for them now at short tracks if they hit another driver they can blame it on the track and not get held accountable in the media and on social media ..

11. BobbyFord

Like I said, NASCAR is continuing its trend of making poor decisions.
    The only correct decision they made was to remove more grandstand seating in 2018.

IanMcVittie and Thegeneral23 like this.
  12. Larsonfan1995

Larsonfan1995 Team Owner

Because they play more of a factor there than air. This year it will be ALL ABOUT air on anything bigger than a mile.

13. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

you guys don't probably watch much anyway, but the Truck races on 1.5's last year are a slower model of next years Sprint cars on a 1.5. if you happened to catch any at all. Of course most of us who watched them weren't thinking about how fast they were going or how easy it was for them to drive. For the most part those were some of the best races of the weekend, they had the closest finishes and hardest racing in every series to date. Those cuppers were playing around at the test, falling back in the pack, moving up, testing how it handled in traffic and gathering data to make em faster.. When it comes down to it, there is going to be blocking, beating and banging when the finish is getting close and the one(s) behind have a faster car. Just like the truckers.

14. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Crew Chief

We’ll need to see some races for sure.

15. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Crew Chief

You don’t understand at all.

Larsonfan1995 likes this.
  16. BobbyFord

I don’t watch truck racing anymore.

17. Conover

Conover Crew Chief

I think WAY too much is being put on this test. Conjecture only leads to further speculation. Get to Atlanta and then a few others to see what the product looks like.

Also KDB sure feels full of himself. He believes he’s the most talented driver in the world, and certainly he is one of them. However, driver skill is hard to quantify relative to this series. These cars are brutes, and handling them well certainly isn’t easy. But every driver is skilled. It takes a lot more from the car to make speed. The adjustments on setup are numerous. Last year if your brought your car to the track and it didn’t come off the truck running in the top 10, you weren’t going to find that speed at the track.

Will this new package require more adjustment at the track and during the race to find speed? I hope so. Also if the engines are pressed harder (at the top end of performance), decisions could create more blown motors if one pushes too hard. Strategy may be much more important on race day, and I welcome that.

18. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

Comical watching people blast something they havent seen. Keep it up!

19. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

I guess you're right. I guess the whole 40 years I have followed this sport and the ten years in two different stints I spent actually working on race cars didn't teach me a damn thing about racing. What was I thinking? :rolleyes:

aunty dive, Spotter22 and StandOnIt like this.
  20. Formerjackman

Formerjackman Team Owner

Your loss. Generally the best racing all weekend.

StandOnIt likes this.
  21. BobbyFord

Yeah I feel like I missed so much
    :XXROFL:

IanMcVittie likes this.
  22. Ventisca

Ventisca Crew Chief Contributor

It's getting to be like Gang-warfare in here. :D

If only TRL had her super-powers back...

23. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Crew Chief

You would think that if the truck racing was that great people would make an effort to see it. The stands look empty and no one watches them on TV. Don’t they let kids in free?

24. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

No one? Do you know the numbers for TV between 2018 and when they started?

25. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

and I thought you were glued to the TV ratings and would know something

26. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Crew Chief

I think everyone is being well behaved and TRL should be left alone to enjoy retirement

27. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Crew Chief

I have not committed the ratings for each race to memory but the numbers indicate they are not well watched. They don’t look well attended even with the freebies and low ticket prices. All I am saying is if the races were that good don’t you think more people would watch?

28. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Crew Chief

How are you enjoying the SB? A low scoring affair so far but a good game.

29. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

so you have no clue how many people watch the truck races. you could make something up?

Spotter22 likes this.
  30. Ventisca

Nope -- she'd have her virtual club out and start whacking these taunts, repartee's, repetitive exchanges, etc. into oblivion.

Appears there is a new 2019 Rules Package for both NASCAR and NASCAR Chat...

31. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Team Owner Contributor

I have youngsters and am exposed to the young car guys, I know full well what attracts them ... it isn't NASCAR. Watching the 4 car leading every race will attract some Harvick fans

IanMcVittie likes this.
  32. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Team Owner Contributor

Big feets !!!!! I wear a 7 and a half and use SPDs most of the time

33. BobbyFord

As long as there aren’t any personal attacks or name-calling we’re within the rules.

IanMcVittie likes this.
  34. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Crew Chief

I sho do as it isnt a state secret. Why don’t you think more people watch from home or attend the events live?

35. Spotter22

Spotter22 Team Owner

Id say that if people didnt like it it wouldnt be on tv right? lol Unless you know better then the TV execs?

36. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Tell me how Nascar earned a quarter of a billion dollars this last year? saving the children? attracting the younger fan? Oh I know removing seats? plate racing?

37. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Crew Chief

The topic ran out of steam a long time ago and now it’s just posturing and “I’m smarter than you are.” I’m glad things have been left alone as I love my boys and I find their comments entertaining.

Thegeneral23 likes this.
  38. Ventisca

Yup
    :D:rolleyes:o_O:)

IanMcVittie likes this.
  39. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

ya probably missed the truck TV schedule this year.

40. IanMcVittie

IanMcVittie Crew Chief

I would say that if it was as good as has been reported more people would watch and attend wouldn’t you?