Las Vegas test 1/31-2/1

I wonder if Nascar or the tracks have formulated a plan to let people know about the radical changes to the series this year? My area, like others, gets little to no Nascar coverage so some method will be needed to spread the word.

Obviously some people are resistant to any change so they will stop watching. In addition Nascar will lose at least 5% of its fan base due to people aging out and/or moving on.

Does anyone have a guess as to how all this may play out? Do you think the current fans are evenly split with respect to the changes? Is this the type of product that some 27 year old hipster and his friends will gravitate too?

I wonder if Nascar or the tracks have formulated a plan to let people know about the radical changes to the series this year? My area, like others, gets little to no Nascar coverage so some method will be needed to spread the word.

Obviously some people are resistant to any change so they will stop watching. In addition Nascar will lose at least 5% of its fan base due to people aging out and/or moving on.

Does anyone have a guess as to how all this may play out? Do you think the current fans are evenly split with respect to the changes? Is this the type of product that some 27 year old hipster and his friends will gravitate too?

Guess we will see. I assume you will hate it so guess we wont be seeing you around anymore. Take care.

If there are cars and they are racing to win a stage or the whole race, I don't really care what package they use because they all have the same chance IF the driver, CC and pit crew are on their game. That means the same top 10 driver/teams will still be the top 10.

Somebody needed to tell Kryle well duh, it is going to be tough to pass the leader, the leader is the leader for a reason. He has a faster car. He isn't the leader by accident. Faster cars are faster cars. Did ya think there would be 30 lead swaps for the lead? Sure doesn't look like the leader will drive away and put 6 seconds on the field out front in clean air.

Somebody needed to tell Kryle well duh, it is going to be tough to pass the leader, the leader is the leader for a reason. He has a faster car. He isn't the leader by accident. Faster cars are faster cars. Did ya think there would be 30 lead swaps for the lead? Sure doesn't look like the leader will drive away and put 6 seconds on the field out front in clean air.
Sounds like a plate race.

Somebody needed to tell Kryle well duh, it is going to be tough to pass the leader, the leader is the leader for a reason. He has a faster car. He isn't the leader by accident. Faster cars are faster cars. Did ya think there would be 30 lead swaps for the lead?
Just for historical balance, some of us have been saying this for a long, long time.

Guess we will see. I assume you will hate it so guess we wont be seeing you around anymore. Take care.

There are members here whose contributions transcend what goes on in the racing world. I enjoy reading and interacting with them so I don’t have plans to exit.

Says the guy that spent a whole season bitching about aero preventing passes for the lead. Unreal.

Oh there will be plenty of passes for the lead. But the leader isn't going to drive away. You guys need to pay more attention to the tests.

Oh there will be plenty of passes for the lead. But the leader isn't going to drive away. You guys need to pay more attention to the tests.

You’ll still love watching those passes on the leaderboard too! Pack racing, single file, flat footing I guarantee whatever it works out to be you will love it.

Says the guy that spent a whole season bitching about aero preventing passes for the lead. Unreal.

I will say Larson losing at Darlington was it for me with the previous package. Guy dominates the race, gets beat on a pit stop, then can’t do **** in dirty air and loses. Seeing that makes me okay with the changes as clean air is still an advantage, but now you can get a run on somebody. Speed matters as does driving, especially once the tires fall off

Some people like most things, others hate most things. That's what makes this sport go round. Not sure why one need to be disparaged over the other?

I'm still looking forward to see this new package deal work its way through the kinks. I didn't get a chance to see anything other than 20 or so laps of a dozen or so cars on the track at the same time. In that small segment, what I saw looks a whole helluva lot like what I've been seeing for a while. Not a lot that I can discern from those few short minutes of racing that tells me much of anything.

I'm pretty much to the point that it doesn't matter what they do to the on track product. It's a shell of it's former self in its format and presentation. I have no particular driver that I root and only a few that I like to root against. NASCAR's been beating the giveadamn out of me since 2004. Less horsepower, closer racing..... whatever. I'm still waiting to see how this is all going to work.

As NASCAR is my past time (so I'll be watching anyway), I'll be just as interested if the new formula is a flop as it is a success. Just gotta wait to see the racing -- but interest in the new formula is healthy and entertaining.

Makes me wonder how Goodyear is going to approach this formula with their tire formulas at the various tracks --
especially with engineers being challenged by NASCAR's Probst "The Entertainer" vs. drivers and crew chiefs who might want something else out of the tires...

The new package will not fail. It just won't. We will have something that will please those who cannot be pleased, or we will have what we had which was just fine. It is stunning to me how NASCAR chases its ass to appease those who are committed to it failing instead of providing a consistent on track product--take it or leave it--and live with the consequences. This package and NASCAR's response to critical comments feels desperate.

The new package will not fail. It just won't. We will have something that will please those who cannot be pleased, or we will have what we had which was just fine. It is stunning to me how NASCAR chases its ass to appease those who are committed to it failing instead of providing a consistent on track product--take it or leave it--and live with the consequences. This package and NASCAR's response to critical comments feels desperate.
NASCARs motto should be, “We fix ****t that ain’t broke.”

There are members here whose contributions transcend what goes on in the racing world. I enjoy reading and interacting with them so I don’t have plans to exit.
Hope then you dont feel the need to repeat your displeasure with everyting NASCAR related, we all know your schtick by now.

Some people like most things, others hate most things. That's what makes this sport go round. Not sure why one need to be disparaged over the other?

I'm still looking forward to see this new package deal work its way through the kinks. I didn't get a chance to see anything other than 20 or so laps of a dozen or so cars on the track at the same time. In that small segment, what I saw looks a whole helluva lot like what I've been seeing for a while. Not a lot that I can discern from those few short minutes of racing that tells me much of anything.

I'm pretty much to the point that it doesn't matter what they do to the on track product. It's a shell of it's former self in its format and presentation. I have no particular driver that I root and only a few that I like to root against. NASCAR's been beating the giveadamn out of me since 2004. Less horsepower, closer racing..... whatever. I'm still waiting to see how this is all going to work.

Good post.

IDK what type of research Nascar did in dreaming up these rules but evidently it wasn’t a lot. I don’t think Nascar has said who this sort of racing is designed to appeal to or how it is supposed to attract new fans. Maybe it is a “build it and they will come” type of thing.

And you will hate it.

I will wait to see some races before formulating an opinion. Having longer races with lower speeds and more wrecks sounds bad enough. When you add in flat footing, pack racing, low horsepower and less skill there’s a lot not to like.

There are some people that will always like what Nascar does. There will be some that will never like anything it does.

There is a certain level of desperation, it is difficult to hide that fact. Thankfully, we still have Kyle Busch to entertain us

There is a certain level of desperation, it is difficult to hide that fact. Thankfully, we still have Kyle Busch to entertain us

I am waiting for the shopping cart race. He will still win.....and I will enjoy it.

I will wait to see some races before formulating an opinion. Having longer races with lower speeds and more wrecks sounds bad enough. When you add in flat footing, pack racing, low horsepower and less skill there’s a lot not to like.

There are some people that will always like what Nascar does. There will be some that will never like anything it does.
lol. Oh I think that opinion has been formulated already.

IDK what type of research Nascar did in dreaming up these rules but evidently it wasn’t a lot. I don’t think Nascar has said who this sort of racing is designed to appeal to or how it is supposed to attract new fans. Maybe it is a “build it and they will come” type of thing.

NASCAR made a no testing rule to save teams money. Changed the rules which costs the teams money, but didn't change the no testing rule to make sure that the changes work, which if they don't, will cost the teams even more money. If this doesn't make sense, it's because it doesn't.

NASCARs motto should be, “We fix ****t that ain’t broke.”

The racing was awesome last year. I truly don't know what NASCAR is chasing, but it really doesn't matter to me, I will still be there. I don't know who they are listening to. I really don't. If the Super Bowl is a flop today, I don't think we will go to a 75 yard field.

You’ll still love watching those passes on the leaderboard too! Pack racing, single file, flat footing I guarantee whatever it works out to be you will love it.
yep I don't do a lot of whining. Don't associate with those that do. It's worked pretty well. Poor mouthing is just that.

NASCAR made a no testing rule to save teams money. Changed the rules which costs the teams money, but didn't change the no testing rule to make sure that the changes work, which if they don't, will cost the teams even more money. If this doesn't make sense, it's because it doesn't.
They just had a test Revman. You dont need evey car in the garage to see whats gonna happen with it. You take away the no testing rule and what they will spend testing in comparison to what they had to spend on the new aero package is apples and oranges. Testing cost are FAR more expensive.

They just had a test Revman. You dont need evey car in the garage to see whats gonna happen with it. You take away the no testing rule and what they will spend testing in comparison to what they had to spend on the new aero package is apples and oranges. Testing cost are FAR more expensive.

Has the package been tested enough? If this is all they need, I'm good with it. If they need more, and it wasn't developed thoroughly enough, that is when I get frustrated with the testing ban. Spend the money now, and save it later. Get this right.

Has the package been tested enough? If this is all they need, I'm good with it. If they need more, and it wasn't developed thoroughly enough, that is when I get frustrated with the testing ban. Spend the money now, and save it later. Get this right.
Time for this Hoda Hug, I think.

untitled-jpg.24515

Back
Top Bottom