lets fix nascar,because they are to dumb to do it.

acmerocket

Team Owner
they can spend millions of dollars on changes but as long has they keep making changes to all the cars and showing all the teams the other teams data. well guess what,all the cars will go the same speed.boring.right?
so nascar should open up some of the rules a little. like letting teams adjust the front and rear spoiler a few degrees. maybe offer a few different final drives.anything to make the cars a little different.
STOP letting other team look a your data.who it the hell thought this was a good idea?????
STOP the dumbass stage stops. so everyone will stop a different times.and they dont know when the caution flags are coming.
OK lets see how this goes before it turns in a sh-t show.i give it 5 to 10 posts tops.

they can spend millions of dollars on changes but as long has they keep making changes to all the cars and showing all the teams the other teams data. well guess what,all the cars will go the same speed.boring.right?
so nascar should open up some of the rules a little. like letting teams adjust the front and rear spoiler a few degrees. maybe offer a few different final drives.anything to make the cars a little different.
STOP letting other team look a your data.who it the hell thought this was a good idea?????
STOP the dumbass stage stops. so everyone will stop a different times.and they dont know when the caution flags are coming.
OK lets see how this goes before it turns in a sh-t show.i give it 5 to 10 posts tops.
Stop GWC AND yellow flag finishes. After the 3rd and final attempt, let them start from an F1 style grid on the final lap on the backstretch and race to the line.

But do it backwards around the track (from backstretch to finish line through turns 1-2, turning right).

They really want manufactured artificial excitement why not really go for it. This will do it.
:XXROFL: :XXROFL: :XXROFL: :XXROFL: :XXROFL: :XXROFL:

NASCARs biggest problem is its incredibly dumb fan base.

Sure, because the introduction of the playoffs (plus every ridiculous format reconfiguration) and the COT and the caution clock and every other Brian France concoction were all because of the "dumb" fanbase, right?

You want to talk about dumb? The "NASCAR fans don't know what they want" BS is the dumbest narrative out there.

Sure, because the introduction of the playoffs (plus every ridiculous format reconfiguration) and the COT and the caution clock and every other Brian France concoction were all because of the "dumb" fanbase, right?

You want to talk about dumb? The "NASCAR fans don't know what they want" BS is the dumbest narrative out there.
I've polled NASCAR fans and they don't know what they want. Or what they want is completely unpractical. They refuse to accept any level of change and are the world's biggest wearers of rose colored glasses. When you bitch about everything they will respond which is why change happens constantly because people than keep complaining about that. The dumbest narrative out there is "we have the smartest fans in sports" and oh boy is that false.

I've polled NASCAR fans and they don't know what they want. Or what they want is completely unpractical. They refuse to accept any level of change and are the world's biggest wearers of rose colored glasses. When you bitch about everything they will respond which is why change happens constantly because people than keep complaining about that. The dumbest narrative out there is "we have the smartest fans in sports" and oh boy is that false.

OK, let's talk about specific examples.

There's nothing wrong with change, but it has to make sense. Changing your lunch from a **** salad to a **** sandwich doesn't do any good whatsoever.

Here's an example, which is somewhat relevant since it was being discussed in another thread.....

Bristol is one of the most popular tracks on the schedule, but the spring race is lacking compared to the fall night race. Why is that? Let's compare the two Bristol dates.....

Spring race: Sunday afternoon, cool/rainy weather season
Fall race: Saturday night, warm/dry weather season

One race has "poor attendance/ratings" while the other is quite possibly the best race of the year. Hmmm I wonder what the problem is? How is it possible that two different races at the same track are received so differently by the fans?

"I've got it! Let's waste millions of dollars to bring in dirt and bastardize one of the greatest tracks on the circuit, instead of racing at an actual dirt track! Who cares if we run on Easter Sunday when it's 52 degrees and a 70% chance of rain that time of year? Wait, you mean we could simply move the asphalt spring race to May or June and run it on a Saturday night? IMPOSSIBLE! Converting Bristol into a dirt track will change everything!" says NASCAR.

Changes happen, and it doesn't work out. But but but it's the fans' fault! :rolleyes:

Same deal with Fontana. Fans asked for more short tracks (before NASCAR ruined the short track racing with the new car). OK, so let's pick Fontana, arguably the best intermediate on the schedule, and covert it into a short track! That makes all the sense in the world! :wacko:

Fans complain about whatever, yet the "solutions" don't always make sense. Sometimes the cure is worse than the illness, and the fans aren't to blame for that.

Part of the issue with spring races is that you only have so many places that are warm and dry in early spring to go to.

Yeah martinsville and Bristol are tough weather wise, but what is a better option?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Part of the issue with spring races is that you only have so many places that are warm and dry in early spring to go to.

Yeah martinsville and Bristol are tough weather wise, but what is a better option?

Why can't we run at Talladega before Martinsville and Bristol? And why the hell are we running at Texas in September?

Here's an example, which is somewhat relevant since it was being discussed in another thread.....

Bristol is one of the most popular tracks on the schedule, but the spring race is lacking compared to the fall night race. Why is that? Let's compare the two Bristol dates.....

Spring race: Sunday afternoon, cool/rainy weather season
Fall race: Saturday night, warm/dry weather season

One race has "poor attendance/ratings" while the other is quite possibly the best race of the year. Hmmm I wonder what the problem is? How is it possible that two different races at the same track are received so differently by the fans?

"I've got it! Let's waste millions of dollars to bring in dirt and bastardize one of the greatest tracks on the circuit, instead of racing at an actual dirt track! Who cares if we run on Easter Sunday when it's 52 degrees and a 70% chance of rain that time of year? Wait, you mean we could simply move the asphalt spring race to May or June and run it on a Saturday night? IMPOSSIBLE! Converting Bristol into a dirt track will change everything!" says NASCAR.

Changes happen, and it doesn't work out. But but but it's the fans' fault! :rolleyes:

Same deal with Fontana. Fans asked for more short tracks (before NASCAR ruined the short track racing with the new car). OK, so let's pick Fontana, arguably the best intermediate on the schedule, and covert it into a short track! That makes all the sense in the world! :wacko:

Fans complain about whatever, yet the "solutions" don't always make sense. Sometimes the cure is worse than the illness, and the fans aren't to blame for that.
My favorite post of the day. Sometimes change, just to change things isnt the right way. I’ll let myself out before all hell breaks loose here

My favorite post of the day. Sometimes change, just to change things isnt the right way. I’ll let myself out before all hell breaks loose here

Well said. I just wish people would ask "WHY" more often. If one receives an unfavorable outcome, the conclusion/solution/adaptation MUST be logical. Change for the sake of change is just a waste.

I understand what NASCAR was trying to accomplish with the Bristol dirt race, but they ignored the biggest (only) problem, which was the date and time the race was scheduled. And they spent a ridiculous amount of money in the process, only to achieve a less than desirable result.

I do think the fans don't know what they want in collective terms.

Nascar competition and the racing would be better if they just followed my directions. I am uniquely qualified, and I know exactly what it is needed to do the fixings.

Just ask yourself what changes has nascar made in the last 20 years that has produced consistently better racing.

The only thing wrong with NASCAR is the internet. Imagine a forum (forums) that runs down the sport on a daily basis and then they wonder why its losing its luster and cant draw new fans. Social Media "Influencers" are really People complaining about tire pressure, ride heights, the way the car looks, lugnuts, horsepower, wheelbase, caution flags... ad nauseam
Before this wonderful platform (Internet) came along people actually focused on the race, they didnt want to know all of the inside stuff, they came to pull for their driver. Imagine being someone looking for a new hobby and think , "yeah NASCAR! I'm gonna check that out"
15 minutes later they are ready to jump off a bridge.

Just ask yourself what changes has nascar made in the last 20 years that has produced consistently better racing.

I'll adjust that just a little and say "What changes made since 2003 have resulted in higher ratings, attendance and revenue?"

The only thing wrong with NASCAR is the internet. Imagine a forum (forums) that runs down the sport on a daily basis and then they wonder why its losing its luster and cant draw new fans. Social Media "Influencers" are really People complaining about tire pressure, ride heights, the way the car looks, lugnuts, horsepower, wheelbase, caution flags... ad nauseam
Before this wonderful platform (Internet) came along people actually focused on the race, they didnt want to know all of the inside stuff, they came to pull for their driver. Imagine being someone looking for a new hobby and think , "yeah NASCAR! I'm gonna check that out"

So looking at the sport with a critical and discerning eye is a BAD thing? For decades, I have told casual fans and prospective fans to get into the real nuts and bolts of the sport and not look at it as just cars going around in circles. I guess I was wrong..... I don't suppose it's possible that the sport is being run by complete idiots on a daily basis? Hell, it took these rocket scientists 40 seconds to find a wheel and tire sitting on the race track Sunday despite numerous observers and millions of dollars worth of TV cameras. DBC was talking about how even the flag man is not authorized to throw a caution, he has to wait for approval from the tower. REALLY? I tell people all the time, that if you don't want to be criticized for making stupid decisions, stop making stupid decisions.........

So looking at the sport with a critical and discerning eye is a BAD thing? For decades, I have told casual fans and prospective fans to get into the real nuts and bolts of the sport and not look at it as just cars going around in circles. I guess I was wrong..... I don't suppose it's possible that the sport is being run by complete idiots on a daily basis? Hell, it took these rocket scientists 40 seconds to find a wheel and tire sitting on the race track Sunday despite numerous observers and millions of dollars worth of TV cameras. DBC was talking about how even the flag man is not authorized to throw a caution, he has to wait for approval from the tower. REALLY? I tell people all the time, that if you don't want to be criticized for making stupid decisions, stop making stupid decisions.........
I'm begging you, PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE go to NASCAR and save them! Walk right past the Receptionists desk and into Jims office and set his ass straight! You are brilliant, a walking Marvel who has all the answers and you need to share them with the decision makers and clean house and rid the sport of all of this nonsense. I'm eagerly awaiting and sitting on pins and needles, please video the encounter. Good Luck!

100% agree........We know too much and now we think we know it all. Embarrassing sometimes to read what people think is going on. Or to listen to idiots call in on the Sirius shows with their "fixes" for the racing and what the driver's "feelings" and intentions are with their every move on the track.

I'm begging you, PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE go to NASCAR and save them! Walk right past the Receptionists desk and into Jims office and set his ass straight! You are brilliant, a walking Marvel who has all the answers and you need to share them with the decision makers and clean house and rid the sport of all of this nonsense. I'm eagerly awaiting and sitting on pins and needles, please video the encounter. Good Luck!
There are sooo many of them here. I don't know why they have not started their own series and kicked NASCAR's ass in the ratings???

I think the issues start with the drivers. Remember when superspeedways were hyped up like crazy? It seems like the modern drivers have an over aggressive mentality. They don't race each other with respect anymore. To those that think superspeedways are an issue, I invite you to watch this vid:

Listen we already know you are vastly superior to anyone working in NASCAR and you have the vision to lead this Billion dollar Organization and save it from its Ultimate demise. I'm begging you, PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE go to NASCAR and save them! Walk right past the Receptionists desk and into Jims office and set his ass straight! You are brilliant, a walking Marvel who has all the answers and you need to share them with the decision makers and clean house and rid the sport of all of this nonsense. I'm eagerly awaiting and sitting on pins and needles, please video the encounter. Good Luck!
Yes, I think I am smarter than many of the people there, but it IS a pretty low bar. Remember that that the three or four people at the top of that food chain are there by right of birth, not for any particular talent they might possess. I work for a family owned business, I see it first hand every day. I DID try to help by joining their useless fan council, but it was 95% consumed by trivial matters and I saw absolutely no effort to solicit feedback concerning the REAL issues effecting the sport, which tells me they aren't actually interested in any meaningful opinion that emanates from outside there own office building. On the rare occasion they allowed for some actual comment, ( nothing of a truly important matter) I left detailed messages with every avenue open for them to contact me, but I never got even ONE form letter e-mail response from them. There again, I don't think they have even the slightest interest in outside opinions, so I will save my plane fair to Daytona Beach. They look like fools at nearly every turn and they are either oblivious or just don't care.

good comment Spotter - when I first came here I had to endure quote a storm has the hate was flowing for my fav driver. I was told that other DP fans had come to RF, but they were run off by the hate.

Yes, I think I am smarter than many of the people there, but it IS a pretty low bar. Remember that that the three or four people at the top of that food chain are there by right of birth, not for any particular talent they might possess. I work for a family owned business, I see it first hand every day. I DID try to help by joining their useless fan council, but it was 95% consumed by trivial matters and I saw absolutely no effort to solicit feedback concerning the REAL issues effecting the sport, which tells me they aren't actually interested in any meaningful opinion that emanates from outside there own office building. On the rare occasion they allowed for some actual comment, ( nothing of a truly important matter) I left detailed messages with every avenue open for them to contact me, but I never got even ONE form letter e-mail response from them. There again, I don't think they have even the slightest interest in outside opinions, so I will save my plane fair to Daytona Beach. They look like fools at nearly every turn and they are either oblivious or just don't care.

@Formerjackman wrote, I DID try to help by joining their useless fan council, but it was 95% consumed by trivial matters and I saw absolutely no effort to solicit feedback concerning the REAL issues effecting the sport, which tells me they aren't actually interested in any meaningful opinion that emanates from outside there own office building. On the rare occasion they allowed for some actual comment, ( nothing of a truly important) I left detailed messages with every avenue open for them to contact me, but I never got even ONE form letter e-mail response from them.

Me to, what a joke that council thing is. I tried for 2 years and let it go. All the questions are preloaded with prefered answers and no way to disagree with a with a question, all A B C D E and like a lot all the way to don't like.

1000hp at short tracks! They could market the **** out of that. Imagine "The Goody's Headache Relief 40,000HP 500!"

Did you really just say you tried to help by joining the fan council? The fan council? We all know you are smarter than "many people there" so again I'm begging you to go fix it! I want to see you walk out like Mike Helton in the next press conference and command the room and tell everyone you got this! The time is now, we have been waiting on you.

Did you really just say you tried to help by joining the fan council? The fan council? We all know you are smarter than "many people there" so again I'm begging you to go fix it! I want to see you walk out like Mike Helton in the next press conference and command the room and tell everyone you got this! The time is now, we have been waiting on you.

Yeah, like that's REALLY an option. Maybe after I accomplish that, they will let me address a joint session of Congress. The fact that none of these people would even let me in the front door doesn't make them right and me wrong or vice-versa. Having the power to do whatever they want with impunity doesn't make their opinions more correct. Since you seem to love these people so much, why don't YOU set up the meeting? Surely they'll listen to YOU. When you get it all set up, I'll head on down to the beach for a little pow wow. I'll even put on my good suit........

Get the cars off the ground. When they're stuck to the ground, aero is a big problem. It's also a problem in short track asphalt racing and dirt late model racing. The late 90's into 2000 had some of the best racing. Look at how those cars looked in relationship to the track.

GettyImages-371380-1.jpg

Get the cars off the ground. When they're stuck to the ground, aero is a big problem.
There are unintended consequences to that plan … starting with a significant increase in turbulence / dirty air, the cause of a lot of complaining.

Vicious circle.

Get the cars off the ground. When they're stuck to the ground, aero is a big problem. It's also a problem in short track asphalt racing and dirt late model racing. The late 90's into 2000 had some of the best racing. Look at how those cars looked in relationship to the track.

GettyImages-371380-1.jpg
The sport exploded during that time frame. And then, for whatever reason, they decided to change everything. They changed the cars, the way a champion is crowned, the tracks, basically everything that made the sport what it was.

GettyImages-371380-1.jpg
for some reason my years might be off but I remember them (the drivers) complaining about dirty air way back when they had these generation of cars. They could catch a guy, but couldnt make the pass... the car would get tight and lose acceleration. But maybe like I said my years are off.

The only way to fix NASCAR is to get rid of all the corporate money that ruined the sport:

1) Bland drivers? Solved by getting rid of need to be dull so you don't piss off the sponsors
2) Too many commercials? Get rid of the greedy TV contracts that force it
3) Stage Racing that doesn't make sense? Get rid of the need for even more TV commercials
4) Lack of compelling story lines? See #1

None of that is actually going to happen of course, because the real problem with NASCAR is greed.

for some reason my years might be off but I remember them (the drivers) complaining about dirty air way back when they had these generation of cars. They could catch a guy, but couldnt make the pass... the car would get tight and lose acceleration. But maybe like I said my years are off.

They weren't talking about dirty air at ****** Martinsville.

That's how bad the Gen-6 car was and the Next Gen car is.

You're not going to "fix" NASCAR from the outside - particularly by complaining - just like you can't "fix" any other large corporation.
If you are somehow able to get hired into their upper management then you might have a shot, but otherwise you are only "noise".
And you need to realize that your concept of "fix" is unlikely to agree with a lot of other peoples' concepts of "fix", so no matter what you manage to accomplish you will draw the wrath of those others.

If you do not already have a proven track record of "fixing" other large racing series, you will not get any significant attention from NASCAR management. Even if you did have that experience, NASCAR is still a family business so you'd have to find a way to join the family too. It's much easier to complain and make demands on a public forum than to actually do this job, and a whole lot less risky too.

NASCAR is big and has its own momentum. It's going to go its own way... maybe it can "fix" itself, maybe not.

All we can do is either buy their product, and support their sponsors, or not. As with most big corporations, revenue is king. If NASCAR notices that it is losing enough revenue, maybe it will consider "fixes". However, it's still unlikely that they will listen to spectators. They might listen to some owners and main players of their teams, or they may hire consultants (who may be worthless), or they may decide (per usual these days) that they can figure it all out themselves. But they've proven many times that instead of listening to critical fans they prefer to try to tell the fans what they should want and accept.

Sorry if you don't like this, but your options are limited. You can sit back and tolerate it, or you can vote with your feet (go to a different racing series, or even quit watching racing altogether). Yelling at NASCAR, particularly through a third party website like this one, is only going to raise your own blood pressure.

You can't get everything you want and nothing is perfect.

I just wish they had more HP on tracks 1.5 miles or smaller and the RC's and most importantly tire wear that falls off more than they currently do. It should be significant enough to make more agreessive short pitting a worthwhile option.

When tire wear becomes a bigger factor the cars can pass each other regardless the generation of cars. Most everyone ran in the mid 21 sec range at Martinsville for the entire fuel range, passing will always limited when there are no closing speeds.

Tire wear creates the comers and goers, the classic less experienced rabbits getting schooled by seasoned veteran etc. during a long green rum. It allows the the best racing stories to happen organically, without any need to hype it up. The good stuff people talk about all week on the internet or like they did at the water coolers in the "good old days".

*snip* - Sorry if you don't like this, but your options are limited. You can sit back and tolerate it, or you can vote with your feet (go to a different racing series, or even quit watching racing altogether). Yelling at NASCAR, particularly through a third party website like this one, is only going to raise your own blood pressure.

This kind of fix Nascar tweaker thread comes up repeatedly in not only here but all over the web. It's seems that many have their very own ideas of what could "fix" Nascar, most of them frankly would create more problems than they would fix. But for me, it is always interesting to read the comments to see where the rank and file R-F posters are coming from. It helps to make sense of some of the posts that occur here at the ol' R-F.

Yeah, like that's REALLY an option. Maybe after I accomplish that, they will let me address a joint session of Congress. The fact that none of these people would even let me in the front door doesn't make them right and me wrong or vice-versa. Having the power to do whatever they want with impunity doesn't make their opinions more correct. Since you seem to love these people so much, why don't YOU set up the meeting? Surely they'll listen to YOU. When you get it all set up, I'll head on down to the beach for a little pow wow. I'll even put on my good suit........
There is a reason for that

Back
Top Bottom