Logano's Richmond win will not earn him a playoff spot

C-_Up87UwAE96f6.jpg:large
You saying it's a big pickle they've gotten into?

I see...Wasn't Gibbs messing with the rear attachment points? Is that where they need to be welded?
I'd guess they're all "messing" with the truck arms at both ends. I'd be disappointed if they weren't. Clearly, there is a huge advantage if you're rear-steering efficiently and competitors aren't.

You have to be able to remove the housing and / or truck arms at the track without a plasma cutter.

"The penalty came after the No. 22 team violated section section 20.14.2 of the NASCAR Rule Book: the Truck trailing arm spacer/pinion angle shim mating surfaces must be planar and must be in complete contact with corresponding mating surfaces at all points and at all times."

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASC...oganos-Team-Penalized-after-Richmond-Win.aspx

The pinion angle shim sits between the truck arm and its mounting bracket on the rear end housing.
Hmmmm? I would have to see this. Makes no sense to me. A "rounded off" spacer would allow pinion change but i don't see how it would effect rear skew.
attachment.php

In above picture, location of pinion angle spacer, look directly above the guys head. It is above the small diameter tubular brace on the RH side at mid-point of tube. You can see a spacer that appears to be about 1.5". Above it a sliver spacer about 3/8" think. THAT 3/8" spacer is what they are talking about from my understanding. Ever followed an old pick-up down the road that was "dog-tracking"? You could see all of LH side of truck while following but would have to pull waaaaay over to right to see RH side. THAT is skew. Typically center bolt broken which allows differential housing to move forward/backward. Normally will go forward as more pressure produced by acceleration than braking. Acceleration makes differential try to climb up under the car or move toward front of car. Mounting system resist movement. Car moves forward. During braking, torque at ends of differential housing push UP on chassis. THAT is what causes brake hop. Some generalization in my explanation.

some other driver is encumbered, I think it is Harvick..They need to have a big "E" on their suits so we can boo at them. booooooooooo your encumbered.

Looks like Logano's "encumbered" is the most serious on so far

What it means: This is the first time since the “encumbered” term entered the NASCAR lingo last fall that it’s really had playoff implications. This will be a key moment if Logano somehow misses the playoffs (unlikely) or turns out to need those five playoff points sometime this fall (more likely). Logano still gets the trophy and is the official winner of the race, just without the playoff benefits.

http://jeffgluck.com/

If he misses a round that these 5 bonus points he loses also would have got him through it will matter then.
Speaking of points, is the only penalty the loss of the Chase spot?
Was thinkin’ a can of Flex Seal® but I guess the rice thing is OK.
Case of Turtle Wax, a full set of the Encyclopedia Britannica, and a copy of 'NASCAR: The Home Game'.

Speaking of points, is the only penalty the loss of the Chase spot?

Case of Turtle Wax, a full set of the Encyclopedia Britannica, and a copy of 'NASCAR: The Home Game'.

Close,

Additional penalties are a $50,000 fine and two-race suspension for crew chief Todd Gordon, and the loss of 25 driver points and 25 owner points.

Close,

Additional penalties are a $50,000 fine and two-race suspension for crew chief Todd Gordon, and the loss of 25 driver points and 25 owner points.
I assumed it had to be more than just the post-season penalties.

I absolutely cannot believe I just used the phrase 'post-season' in reference to NASCAR.

Kind of poetic that Joey Logano's encumbered win comes one week before the 2nd of four races ran with encumbered engines. When you really think about it, isn't a restrictor plate win and encumbered finish of sorts?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

Back
Top Bottom