Logano's Richmond win will not earn him a playoff spot

I remember when BKez was bitching about HMS's alleged cheating and began beating his chest about what a righteous organization Penske was as they would never do anything like that. Within a couple of weeks they were penalized for some infraction and have been penalized multiple times since then.

He and his buddy Matt lost 30 minutes of practice last week for swerving after Bristol. I think sometimes it takes Nascar awhile to figure out what teams are doing, they know something isn't quite right, but they can't put their finger on it. Kinda like Elmer Fudd and that sneaky wrabbit.

Just for fun....Can anybody explain exactly what they did?
Not like it will matter. He will win again and get into chase with or without that win

The hell it won't matter. Rear steer is huge, and explains a lot about Penske performance. If they back away from the burner on this, they become very normal. Changes the game.

The hell it won't matter. Rear steer is huge, and explains a lot about Penske performance. If they back away from the burner on this, they become very normal. Changes the game.

Wonder if the gibbs cars are doing it too? Maybe not to the extent Penske is but possibly because the 20 was swerving at bristol? Regardless like you said get back in the box and let's race :)

Wonder if the gibbs cars are doing it too? Maybe not to the extent Penske is but possibly because the 20 was swerving at bristol? Regardless like you said get back in the box and let's race :)

Hell yes, they were trying to get caught up. Might change direction now.

NASCAR has shown they aren't messing around when it comes to screwing around with these cars. Now that NASCAR knows what Penske has been up to and what to look for it will be interesting to see how this impacts Penske's performance.

Q: When is a penalty not a penalty? A: When Nascar issues it as they have no meaningful ramifications in 99% of the cases.

This has serious ramifications for what Penske does from this point forward. A penalty in this case is more than just the immediate consequences.

I wonder if the 2 car used the suspension setup.

I guarantee he did. Harvick was commenting on the strange rear skewing happening when Brad was able to attack the corners so aggressively.

Reactions: Pat
it will be interesting to see how this impacts Penske's performance.

I agree. I know what the taking away the fans and welding truck arms did to my Toyotas. It will change the game unless Penske has a back up plan.

"The penalty came after the No. 22 team violated section section 20.14.2 of the NASCAR Rule Book: the Truck trailing arm spacer/pinion angle shim mating surfaces must be planar and must be in complete contact with corresponding mating surfaces at all points and at all times."

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASC...oganos-Team-Penalized-after-Richmond-Win.aspx

The pinion angle shim sits between the truck arm and its mounting bracket on the rear end housing.

The opinion angle shim sits between the truck arm and its mounting bracket on the rear end housing.

Right, but isn't all of that welded solid now--no longer a linkage right? Sounds like they had kind of a curved surface to allow movement? ...but how if all of that is solid?

I have it on good authority they used 8 count bolt threads instead of the mandatory 10 count
bolt threads which holds the shims at a mandated 30 degrees on the sway bar hydraulic
lift posts which makes the whole rear end 1/4 of an oz light.:sarcasm:

Eh - just the mood I am in because its good weather for Dega baby!

Right, but isn't all of that welded solid now--no longer a linkage right? Sounds like they had kind of a curved surface to allow movement? ...but how if all of that is solid?
Bolted.

The linkage is / was at the front attachment point, where linkage isn't actually required.

Take away the win, money and all points. Offer a box of Rice-a-Roni as a parting gift and a thanks for playing.

Reactions: MRM
Take away the win, money and all points. Offer a box of Rice-a-Roni as a parting gift and a thanks for playing.

Was thinkin’ a can of Flex Seal® but I guess the rice thing is OK.

Bolted.

The linkage is / was at the front attachment point, where linkage isn't actually required.

I see...Wasn't Gibbs messing with the rear attachment points? Is that where they need to be welded?

Paul Menard reacts to news of the Logano penalty.

Paul Menard Reacts.jpg

Back
Top Bottom