Martinsville Pre-race Race Thread

YOu have a point. Possibly the wrecks and ensuing drama makes for good tv and ticket sales and God knows nascar needs both right now. I would still preferre Rockingham or another date at Darlington.

I like the tradition of Martinsville and would love to attend a race there but will still watch all of the events there this weekend and probably enjoy it just the same.

Those hotdogs do look kind of gross but I'd still try one - if Andy isn't guarding the concession stand like a rabid pit bull ;)

They may look disgusting but if you having one, your butt is @ the track. That's not a bad thing at all.

They have the best hotdogs at a local track here. It's pretty much impossible not to eat at least three. Off topic I know but they're just that good.

This looks like one of Andy's orders.

BG3GVQFCcAANVE1.jpg:large
Looks like a chili dog and I love them! :)

I wonder..... Do you think that any of those hot dogs that they're serving are leftovers from 1949? Some actually taste like it.

Looks like a chili dog and I love them! :)
The dogs start with boiled Jesse Jones hot dogs, wrapped into what is more of a roll than a hot dog bun, and then topped with chili, mustard, onions, and vinegar-based slaw. The concoctions are then then wrapped in some wax paper and left in a steamer to keep in their warmth.

The dogs start with boiled Jesse Jones hot dogs, wrapped into what is more of a roll than a hot dog bun, and then topped with chili, mustard, onions, and vinegar-based slaw. The concoctions are then then wrapped in some wax paper and left in a steamer to keep in their warmth.
Oh my, .....that sounds good :)

Did you know?

At Martinsville, fans sitting in the south terrace are able to have food delivered directly to their seat? A cool service by the track IMO. People will come out and take your orders during the caution flags and deliver the food directly to you, excluding beer.

66 posts in and nobody has mentioned Princess Sparkle Pony yet. This Smoke vs. Home Slice shemozzle must be worse than I thought.

Hehe, I found that funny because of a certain show that I watch.

Anyways, hopefully we'll have a good race with some good hard racing!

Did you know? The curbs at Martinsville Speedway have been nailed more than Lindsay Lohan.
At least the curbs know who's nailing them.
The Martinsville hotdog looks disgusting.....and I like hotdogs.
And they're not as good as they look. :bleh: Fortunately, the view over the top of one usually makes up for it.

7682.jpg

I'm excited to see how Chase does this week in his first truck race.

So am I! That is a Turner motorsports truck for those that dont know. I just hope he can keep the fenders on it and finish. He is only 17 and has no experience in the trucks at all. This is one race I will be watching.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............drool.

BHBkE5hCUAEtpDy.jpg:large

Looks like they scaled the air Titan down a bit. Pickups instead of tractor trailers.

Oh yeah, I'm just saying that it'll be some tough sledding for Chase. I hope he does alright.

Actually, its tracks under 1.1 mile so Chase will be able to race at Dover and Rockingham this year. He is pretty limited on where he can drive. That are also racing at Iowa, Bristol, and Phoenix in the trucks. Pretty sure they are racing about 5 ARCA races with one being Pocono. I dont know how they managed that unless the rules are different for that series. Maybe somebody on here knows. I am pretty sure Chase will not be 18 till november.

I have seen him go door to door with Kyle Busch and Tony Stewart. I just hope he can finish because this is the big time and you know the regulars are going to rough him up. Not to mention there are some real knuckheads still racing in the trucks like Bodine and Hornaday.

So am I! That is a Turner motorsports truck for those that dont know. I just hope he can keep the fenders on it and finish. He is only 17 and has no experience in the trucks at all. This is one race I will be watching.
thx moron ITS A CHEVY.

I have never viewed Hornaday as a irresponsible driver. Bodine at times, maybe. But i really havent seen anything bad out of Ron

The truck drivers for the most part aren't as skilled as the upper tiers, and neither is the equipment, takes a few laps to get the junk off the track. Chase is hooked up pretty good running for Hendrick, and using Turner/Scott equipment. He has nine races in trucks and 5 ARCA. Hope he shows them something.

you didnt say CHEVY.

Well pardon the hell out of me. I will try to be more thorough in the future. I made the assumption that most knew Turner ran Chevrolets. Point being more than anything that Turner has pretty decent stuff. To heck with the brand.

Actually, its tracks under 1.1 mile so Chase will be able to race at Dover and Rockingham this year. He is pretty limited on where he can drive. That are also racing at Iowa, Bristol, and Phoenix in the trucks. Pretty sure they are racing about 5 ARCA races with one being Pocono. I dont know how they managed that unless the rules are different for that series. Maybe somebody on here knows. I am pretty sure Chase will not be 18 till november.
He gets to run Mosport in Trucks too. He can run Pocono in ARCA because they lowered the limit to 17 for it and Kentucky.

He gets to run Mosport in Trucks too. He can run Pocono in ARCA because they lowered the limit to 17 for it and Kentucky.

Anything to get that boy up the ranks. I hope he does well but he's being rushed up too fast now (he's not been great in K&N and he's been mediocre, at best, in ARCA) - way too much hype.

Back
Top Bottom