Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series

I love the hypocrisy here. Here are the cars for the FIA World Rallycross Championship, sponsored by none other than Monster Energy. Notice anything?

9530.jpg

Now we get Monster as a sponsor of NASCAR, and we're stuck with Monster on the front and names on the back where nobody will see them. Tell me, how many promo shots do you see of cup cars featured from the ass end compared to front on?

Say what you want about tradition, not being able to see or whatever. It matters. You try explaining who is in what car to a complete newbie when paint schemes change every week and DW or Rick Allen can't stop talking long enough to correlate who their yapping about to a car number. The fact is we shouldn't let one sponsor treat the 2nd most popular motorsport in the world worse than a dogsh*t extreme sport spinoff just because they paid Brian France.

Correction, they paid Nascar. Brian France is an employee who has bought shares in the mother ship. :sarcasm:

Really weird some are that upset about names on the car. Drivers name on the car is such a small detail you hardly notice them during a race anyway. I'd be ok if the name was completely gone from the windshields and just be above the driver door like most already have. Just silly to be mad at Monster for doing something every other series sponsor already does.
Well, its the off season, and without any races on to provide materiel to complain about, complaining about something so trivial is the next best thing I guess.

When Nascar uses a lottery to crown its champion and the yellow flag to manipulate races a little thing like the topic at hand doesn't register a blip.

A lottery to crown it's champion,that's a good one.I like that.This newbie to this forum would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.Now I got to load the suv up with my wife's long list.I might need to invest in a trailer to pull behind it.

will affect will the plastic cover have on the windshields to prevent grease with the name change?

I'm just glad Brian was able to sign a sponsor so he can continue making his support payments.
Sprint was a lousy name considering it isn't even known in Canada. At least we sell all the brands of Monster, however the name Cup will still prevail as it should.
Ahem....and we have Monster down under. :cool:

from jayski.....

NASCAR unsure if they will use "Premier Series" with "Cup" staying: NASCAR Senior VP & CMO Jill Gregory said it is to be determined whether the recently introduced term "premier series" will remain part of the NASCAR lexicon now that the term "Cup" remains in its top series' title. While NASCAR deliberated about whether to keep "Cup" in the days leading up to its Dec. 1 announcement naming Monster Energy as its new title sponsor, the sanctioning body, teams and tracks in the sport began referring to the top series as its "premier series." Some in the industry favored dropping "Cup," which has been in use since '71, believing that fans had gone from saying "the Sprint Cup Series" to simply saying "Cup Series" or "Cup," as opposed to NASCAR's secondary series, the Xfinity Series, where fans refer to it as "Xfinity." Some believed that made the entitlement less valuable. However, now that "Cup" is being retained after Monster saw value in keeping it, some wonder whether "premier" will be used at all. Gregory last week noted that "premier series" will not play a leading role in marketing materials going forward, but was not ready to comment beyond that. The new name -- Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series -- still is somewhat of a switch from the past in that it places the brand name prior to the "NASCAR Cup Series" wording.

Maybe Brian can get into yoga.

Add a photographer 'n you're spoken of.

from jayski.....

NASCAR unsure if they will use "Premier Series" with "Cup" staying: NASCAR Senior VP & CMO Jill Gregory said it is to be determined whether the recently introduced term "premier series" will remain part of the NASCAR lexicon now that the term "Cup" remains in its top series' title. While NASCAR deliberated about whether to keep "Cup" in the days leading up to its Dec. 1 announcement naming Monster Energy as its new title sponsor, the sanctioning body, teams and tracks in the sport began referring to the top series as its "premier series." Some in the industry favored dropping "Cup," which has been in use since '71, believing that fans had gone from saying "the Sprint Cup Series" to simply saying "Cup Series" or "Cup," as opposed to NASCAR's secondary series, the Xfinity Series, where fans refer to it as "Xfinity." Some believed that made the entitlement less valuable. However, now that "Cup" is being retained after Monster saw value in keeping it, some wonder whether "premier" will be used at all. Gregory last week noted that "premier series" will not play a leading role in marketing materials going forward, but was not ready to comment beyond that. The new name -- Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series -- still is somewhat of a switch from the past in that it places the brand name prior to the "NASCAR Cup Series" wording.
Sorry @dpkimmel2001 I didn't see this before I posted it in the Random thread. :cheers:

Sorry @dpkimmel2001 I didn't see this before I posted it in the Random thread. :cheers:
Noting to be concerned about. One place is as good as the next. Personally I thought it was strange that was even being said. I mean, Monster had already stated what their name for it was and it included the word Cup. Why in the world would NASCAR even bring it up that they may or may not be using the word? It seems that was already last week's news.....

Perhaps it’s time for another driver to announce the drink will bring an “edginess“ to NASCAR.

Been a couple weeks….

maybe they will have another no bull 5 program?

I would rather they bring back something like the Winston Million. Make it $2 million for inflation. Make it 3/5 because I guess the Brickyard should be included as one of the prestige races (hell, might help attendance top 10,000 this year).

I would rather they bring back something like the Winston Million. Make it $2 million for inflation. Make it 3/5 because I guess the Brickyard should be included as one of the prestige races (hell, might help attendance top 10,000 this year).
And what do you think the other four races should be? Don't let tradition tie you down.

And what do you think the other four races should be? Don't let tradition tie you down.

Talladega is the outlier. It was mostly there, I think, because the race was the Winston 500. I might substitute the Bristol night race for that one. The others deserve to remain.

I just adorned the Sierra with a Jimmie Johnson 7 time champ rear window sticker, Monster is now the sponsor. Life is good.

I would also like the Winston million to come back..... but..... keep the original four races... Indy has no business being considered.... Oldest, Longest, Richest and Fastest...... the most boring should not be included.....

Keep it to 4 races, just like 4 majors, 4 slams. Then again horse racing has a triple crown.

The four most prestigious, well known races in NASCAR.

Daytona 500
World 600
Bristol night race
Southern 500

Set it and leave it alone for 20 years.

Keep it to 4 races, just like 4 majors, 4 slams. Then again horse racing has a triple crown.

The four most prestigious, well known races in NASCAR.

Daytona 500
World 600
Bristol night race
Southern 500

Set it and leave it alone for 20 years.
I can see where you want Bristol........ I understand.... but.... I stll think it's 'Dega ...... like it's always been.......

I can see where you want Bristol........ I understand.... but.... I stll think it's 'Dega ...... like it's always been.......
If I remember, the year Elliott pulled it off was before restrictor plates were introduced. Two plate races out of four takes a challenge and renders it into a double crap shoot.

Already known but now official, I guess.....

Sponsor logos on front windshield in all three series: The names of drivers no longer will appear on a Cup car's front windshield, according to an addition to the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Rule Book. Instead, Monster Energy will have its logo and name across the top of the front windshield with the car manufacturer's logo. Both Xfinity and Camping World have their names across the front windshield of the vehicles in their series. The driver's name moves to the rear windshield on Cup cars - matching where a driver's name is located in the Xfinity and Camping World Truck Series. The move was made to align the Cup series with the Xfinity and Camping World Truck Series in series sponsor placement on the vehicle. The driver's name has adorned the front windshield of Cup cars since 2013. During the opening round of last year's Cup playoffs, the Twitter handles for each title-eligible driver was placed on the front windshield instead of the driver's name.(NBC Sports)

from jayski

What is their presence at the track going to be? Hopefully they can hand out some of the free Java Monster.

Back
Top Bottom