Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series

This is my phone. It's a Phone. I can talk to people and even text if I want to go high tech. I got it free when I signed a two year contract with Verizon.

Samsung-Convoy-2-1.jpg
I had a Nokia bar phone up until about 2 years ago. Even after they quit making them I bought 5 new ones on e-bay and used them until I bought my new i-phone6. Between my phone and my jet pack for my laptop I pay about $200.00 a month. Damn I miss my old bar phone. Getting back to the thread topic...I'm looking forward to the new Monster sponsorship.

Last edited:
Absolutely not Mr. negativity. Those are $30 throwaway's. A replacement Convoy 4 is about $200.

Yep.

It was a reference to the style not the quality as I am sure you would not carry a substandard throwaway. I apologize for not being clear enough.

Talk about making it more difficult for the casual fan (not us diehards), NASCAR will put Monster logos on the front windshields and the driver's name on the back of the car.

According to Bob Pockrass Twiiter:

Yes @realmrhereford I am being serious. Like this:

C0Oebw3UAAAEUsI.jpg

yes names on back will actually be better for TV i would think.
Main Sponsor has the right to do that. I was most likely something Monster Demanded and was not up to NASCAR! Lets not forget there was not a long line of sponsors lining up also. and rumor has it, deal is for 2 years with an option for 2 additional

Lol @ the outrage of fans who abhor the change of the longstanding NASCAR tradition since 2004.

Please. Fans will know the names/numbers of drivers the same way everyone has for decades - by looking at the scrolling position graphic.

I never saw what the benefit of having a driver's name on the windshield was in the first place so if it is moved to the back or removed entirely I am just as happy. The bigger challenge for me is the constant changing of primary sponsors on many of the teams as it makes it very difficult to pick up cars in traffic and just as you are getting used to a paint scheme it changes. No complaints as the teams have to do what the money they receive dictates but it was easier for me when the #1 car was the Skoal Classic, #2 MGD/Lite, #3 Goodwrench, #4 Kodak etc, etc.

I never saw what the benefit of having a driver's name on the windshield was in the first place so if it is moved to the back or removed entirely I am just as happy. The bigger challenge for me is the constant changing of primary sponsors on many of the teams as it makes it very difficult to pick up cars in traffic and just as you are getting used to a paint scheme it changes. No complaints as the teams have to do what the money they receive dictates but it was easier for me when the #1 car was the Skoal Classic, #2 MGD/Lite, #3 Goodwrench, #4 Kodak etc, etc.
The constant changing of sponsors and schemes is why having the driver name up front was a good idea in the first place.

Moving it to the back just makes it easier for a driver to tell who he's about to punt without having to ask the spotter.

The constant changing of sponsors and schemes is why having the driver name up front was a good idea in the first place.

Moving it to the back just makes it easier for a driver to tell who he's about to punt without having to ask the spotter.

I see your point as having the name across the windshield could help. I can't say I ever remember seeing a close up during a race that showed the name which is not to say it didn't happen with regularity though.

I know what Kyle Busch's car looks like so I could care less about his name being on it. Makes more sense to have it on the back though.

Okay, but what's your point?

It limits the fans’ view of the driver in the cars thru the windshield.

A new Camry or Fusion doesn’t sport such a thing.

The banners look like a noun that would raise the lady’s blood pressure if I used it.

Why not put the ads on the one-way stuff they use on light rail cars so no one outside can see how empty they are? Then they could cover all the Lexan.

I love the hypocrisy here. Here are the cars for the FIA World Rallycross Championship, sponsored by none other than Monster Energy. Notice anything?

9530.jpg

Now we get Monster as a sponsor of NASCAR, and we're stuck with Monster on the front and names on the back where nobody will see them. Tell me, how many promo shots do you see of cup cars featured from the ass end compared to front on?

Say what you want about tradition, not being able to see or whatever. It matters. You try explaining who is in what car to a complete newbie when paint schemes change every week and DW or Rick Allen can't stop talking long enough to correlate who their yapping about to a car number. The fact is we shouldn't let one sponsor treat the 2nd most popular motorsport in the world worse than a dogsh*t extreme sport spinoff just because they paid Brian France.

Reactions: Pat
Really weird some are that upset about names on the car. Drivers name on the car is such a small detail you hardly notice them during a race anyway. I'd be ok if the name was completely gone from the windshields and just be above the driver door like most already have. Just silly to be mad at Monster for doing something every other series sponsor already does.

Really weird some are that upset about names on the car. Drivers name on the car is such a small detail you hardly notice them during a race anyway. I'd be ok if the name was completely gone from the windshields and just be above the driver door like most already have. Just silly to be mad at Monster for doing something every other series sponsor already does.

This driver names custom in NASCAR dates to 2013. I was fine with no names on the windshield for decades before it. I was fine with names on the front windshield, names on the rear, whatever. I agree with you here, of all the things to get up in arms over. Craftsman was on the front windshield of the truck series in the late 90s or early 00s, and Camping World after it. Nationwide and Xfinity have both been on the front windshields in that series.

I love the hypocrisy here.

That's not what hypocrisy means.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom