Montoya out of EGR in 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that I was rooting for Montoya to do well in the Cup series. But, while he has certainly had some good runs, he's just never been able to put together a long run of success.

I'm wondering if Montoya would want to go to a lesser team. I don't think Indycar is open to him since he's been away for so long. At 37 and without a stellar NASCAR career he might have limited opportunities. Who knows, name recognition might pick up a ride.

Don't forget Ganassi has an indycar team. The competition is not as stiff, so not saying that is going to happen, but it sure would create a stir in the Indycar ranks if it did happen.

Yeah there might be something there. Pruett's partner Rojas has been screwing up lately, or part time at the big races. I don't think we will see the end of Juan. He will be driving something unless he wants to retire from motorsports.

I'm wondering if Montoya would want to go to a lesser team. I don't think Indycar is open to him since he's been away for so long. At 37 and without a stellar NASCAR career he might have limited opportunities. Who knows, name recognition might pick up a ride.
The Lemans Series

Montoya could end up at RCR if they decide to run Burton out of there because either Newman or KuBush will get Harvick's seat. But I think they'll keep Burton one more year, especially to help with Austin.

I am a race fan, a fan of good hard racing. When I watch a race I focus on where the action is and over the years more often than not it centers on one or two drivers both of whom are well known for being the hardest drivers in Nascar to pass, the biggest pain in the asses of the other drivers and that is Newman and Montoya. Neither Newman nor Montoya is one of my favorites but my eyes gravitate to where they are racing more often than not because they will be stubbornly trying to keep somebody from getting around them or stubbornly trying to get around somebody. That is what racing is, you try and keep people behind you and pass people in front of you and that's why I'll miss Montoya and Newman whenever they do leave or if they wind up in third rate equipment where they cant race and just ride around. I wont miss some of the so called stars in top equipment that piss and moan and bitch about people racing them too hard when they leave.

Well said. I never considered Montoya to be wreckless, but we seem to be in the minority.

Montoya could end up at RCR if they decide to run Burton out of there because either Newman or KuBush will get Harvick's seat. But I think they'll keep Burton one more year, especially to help with Austin.

I think RCR has some HUGE decisions to make in the next few years.

Looking at the chassis selections each week for the teams it seems that a lot of teams are running last years equipment. This info is posted every single week prior to the race.

last years equipment in that the chassis is the same. the COT car has been run since 07. with nascar's mandates about what can be done there is only so much you can do with a chassis. The test is how much ballast the car has in the frame rails. If that is one of the key measures its a wonder why teams don't run the cars even longer. check out SHR its rare for them to run a brand new car and if you look at the chassis numbers they are typically a year older cars than what hendrick is using. The team running the most new cars is penske.

as to stenhouse that is a mystery but then again edwards and biffle haven't lit up things this year. edwards one win was more of a track position win.

They should remove Burton but I think he will drive for RCR until at least 2015 :p

It'd be funny if Montoya won this week.

More likely that he would win at Richmond. Even better would be if he went on a run, got two wins somehow, got in the chase and then won the title!

That would be awesome and Hilarious.

More likely that he would win at Richmond. Even better would be if he went on a run, got two wins somehow, got in the chase and then won the title!

That would be awesome and Hilarious.

Bet there'd be some reconsideration with his contract if that happened.

The good news is JPM will not win again this year. I will become Villanueve's biggest fan for 2 weeks if he does.

That's not really a fair bet Captain seeing as how Villanuve doesn't even race cup.

The good news is JPM will not win again this year. I will become Villanueve's biggest fan for 2 weeks if he does.

How many top 5 and top 10 finishes do you think he'll have in the last 14 races?

More importantly, which manufacturer and team they will align themselves with. I think that's the root of their problems the past few years. I highly doubt they can beat HMS in a Chevy.
More importantly? don't know which rock you crawled out from under.:confused:

Anytime Gordon has a cool paint scheme he wrecks it. Nicorette, Superman, Transformers, .... Drive To End Hunger

Most of those wrecks are not his fault though.

He mostly runs special paint schemes at plate races where his luck is just as bad as his luck at the Glen.

More importantly, which manufacturer and team they will align themselves with. I think that's the root of their problems the past few years. I highly doubt they can beat HMS in a Chevy.
You will never see Childress run anything but a Chevy, just can't see it, especially when the #3 is on a Dillon car.

Montoya's just had bad luck - like everyone else, apparently.

Jeff was just awful at the Glen :p

Most of it is suckage but 2007 and last year coupled with misserable finishes at the Glen qualifies as bad luck I'd say.

I'd be happy if we can skip that race next year. :D

Never thought I'd see a day that I'd be rooting for someone else's driver more than they were, especially Jeff Gordon. As a life long DE fan, Jeff was my sworn enemy. Outside of Tony Stewart there's not another driver in the modern era that will ever equal Gordon's talents at a road course. The guy has 42 attempts at a road course wining 21% of the time. In Jeff's own words, that's awesome! He's not the guy he used to be, that's for sure, but who is @ 42?

Never thought I'd see a day that I'd be rooting for someone else's driver more than they were, especially Jeff Gordon. As a life long DE fan, Jeff was my sworn enemy. Outside of Tony Stewart there's not another driver in the modern era that will ever equal Gordon's talents at a road course. The guy has 42 attempts at a road course wining 21% of the time. In Jeff's own words, that's awesome! He's not the guy he used to be, that's for sure, but who is @ 42?
As a huge Jeff Gordon fan, I will be the first to admit that he isn't the driver, or person, he was several years ago. Things change. If I had what he had going on in his off-track life I'm sure I'd be a little more careful too. The guy who would stick his car in a lot of places he did in winning like 13 races in one season wasn't a father. Life changes and your priorities change. If they don't, then you are seriously missing the boat.

As a huge Jeff Gordon fan, I will be the first to admit that he isn't the driver, or person, he was several years ago. Things change. If I had what he had going on in his off-track life I'm sure I'd be a little more careful too. The guy who would stick his car in a lot of places he did in winning like 13 races in one season wasn't a father. Life changes and your priorities change. If they don't, then you are seriously missing the boat.

I agree that these veteran drivers don't often charge three wide into the corners anymore . I'm not sure that it's just becoming a father that's the cause . It could also be that the risk vs reward odds are pretty slim that it's gonna work out well. Rookies will try it every time and expect one of the other two drivers to give them room . After a few grey hairs , the risk analysis works a little different . Good thing ? Bad thing ? I guess fans would call it a bad thing . Same thing with the bump and run . Rookies will try it a lot until they are cruising to a certain win and someone does it to them . That causes drivers to reconsider their actions . Hard to look into the camera and say .."That's racin. I did it to him last week. "

He'll end up driving sports cars for Ganassi.
Sports cars would be a good fit for him. He has run well in the 24 Hours of Daytona for Ganassi. People have been wondering if Scott Pruitt will retire but he is still competitive in that series. The two sports car series are merging next year so there might be opportunities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom