Montoya out of EGR in 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like he won't even race for Ganassi in IndyCar or USCR.

Michael Andretti is trying to find a sponsor to bring Juan Pablo Montoya back to IndyCar with Andretti Autosport.

"I have talked to Juan about IndyCar and told him 'Hell yeah, let's find a way to put something together,' " Andretti told The Associated Press on Monday. "I've driven against him and I think he's one of the best drivers I've ever driven against. It just comes down to sponsorship. So we're looking, and if it's a possibility, we want to do something with him."
http://racing.ap.org/article/andretti-talking-montoya-about-indycar-return-0

I like it though. I think it would be good for IndyCar.

I agree with both of you. It funny how everyone complains about the lack of racing in Nascar yet hate on a driver like Montoya for his hard driving style.
The complaining about the lack of racing in nascar is for the lead, not racing for 20th place.

So ESPN is reporting a rumor that Montoya may be signing with Andretti Autosport next season for IndyCars once again. If this is true I ask: why didn't Gnassi just move him back into one of his IndyCars, he only has a 3 car team right now I think. Montoya had the majority of his success as a professional race driver in IndyCars so why not I mean unless he just wanted to be done with him all together.

So ESPN is reporting a rumor that Montoya may be signing with Andretti Autosport next season for IndyCars once again. If this is true I ask: why didn't Gnassi just move him back into one of his IndyCars, he only has a 3 car team right now I think. Montoya had the majority of his success as a professional race driver in IndyCars so why not I mean unless he just wanted to be done with him all together.
Thought the same thing..maybe they didn't part ways the best of friends. If Montoya is pissed, maybe he will get up on the wheel and drive for Andretti. the word I heard was that Montoya was always home in Miami and didn't spend much time at the track with the team.

1 franchiti ---indy--nascar--indy.........was enuff !

Oh man, I guess indy car decided they need more wrecks to keep fans entertained...whatever...

He is done, I never thought he was a nascar driver in the first place. If he wants to go back to indy car let him go.

I hear what everyone is saying about juan and its all pretty much true, but if the chips fall slightly different the guy has 2 wins this season on OVAL tracks.

I hear what everyone is saying about juan and its all pretty much true, but if the chips fall slightly different the guy has 2 wins this season on OVAL tracks.
Richmond probably, but he wouldnt have won at Dover even if Tony hadnt came blazing by.

Hard to wreck anyone in open wheel without wrecking yourself in the process.

Juan will find a way. I mean he crashed a ****** jet dryer.

Being canned and going to work for a new owner might just be the atitude adjustment he needs to become a better racer . I'd like to see what he could do with Furniture Row or RCR for one year.

I 'd be curious to see him in another ride before he leaves Nascar . I 've only seen him in the Ganassi car . He's improved a lot and has become a top fifteen driver . Maybe ,with a change of scene and attitude he could be a top ten driver .

I 'd be curious to see him in another ride before he leaves Nascar . I 've only seen him in the Ganassi car . He's improved a lot and has become a top fifteen driver . Maybe ,with a change of scene and attitude he could be a top ten driver .
I wonder where he will end up. all I have heard him say is that whatever he drives it will be a winning car. Was that a backhanded slap at Ganassi that his cars weren't winning equipment? I have never heard him bad mouth the equipment before, even when it was obviously bad, like after it blew up, or he was junk the whole race. So I'm with you on that, until he drives a different car in Nascar, I am not throwing dirt on the guy. He won it all in Cart, did well in F1, I don't think he is any Jimmy Johnson, but without running a different car, it is hard to tell how good or bad he really is.

3rd at Bristol. I guess he's outperformed some expectations. He'll have a ride in Cup next year.
This is a strong type track for him, as much as I like the dude a 3rd at Atlanta would be more impressive ten-fold.

This is a strong type track for him, as much as I like the dude a 3rd at Atlanta would be more impressive ten-fold.

Any short track or road course shows off a drivers talent more than a mile and a half or superspeedway . Those tend to reflect on the crew chief and pit crew . IMO. .Juan did a heck of a job to showcase himself for next year.

Keep in mind that Bristol was a wreckfest. And by virtue of the wrecks, a FRM car finished in the top 12 (and a BK car would have too if they wouldnt have wrecked) so that doesnt say a whole lot. Its kinda like getting a top 10 at Dega.

Keep in mind that Bristol was a wreckfest. And by virtue of the wrecks, a FRM car finished in the top 12 (and a BK car would have too if they wouldnt have wrecked) so that doesnt say a whole lot. Its kinda like getting a top 10 at Dega.

You hate Juan we get it but if you think he didnt earn that Bristol finish you're out to lunch. he had a top five car all night and his line was the reason why.

Chip will make his official announcement on Friday as to who the replacement is. Insiders are saying Kyle Larson.

You hate Juan we get it but if you think he didnt earn that Bristol finish you're out to lunch. he had a top five car all night and his line was the reason why.

Juan Pablo Montoya Bristol Performance Chart - Definitely a good car. Personally I think he was one Kasey Kahne attempted bump and run on Kenseth away from getting his first oval victory. Both Kahne and Kenseth's cars probably would have finished that race on the apron while JPM celebrated in victory lane.

graph_it

Carl had the best car but Juan was right there and if not for the speeding penalty, he probably would have won or at least made it more interesting. When he was in second at the end, his tires were gone.

I know the flaws Juan has but his ability to race a good car is not one of them.

BREAKING NEWS: Kyle Larson to move to Sprint Cup Series with Ganassi Racing in 2014

KL.jpg

Kyle Larson isn't staying put very long.

Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates will move the 20-year-old upstart to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series fulltime in 2014, multiple sources confirmed Tuesday to The Observer and ThatsRacin.com.

An official news conference to introduce the team's new driver is scheduled Friday at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

Reached by phone on Tuesday evening, a team spokesman declined comment.

Larson and team members of the Ganassi organization were notified of the decision this week, sources said. Larson will replace Juan Pablo Montoya in the No. 42 Chevrolet.

from here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom