NASCAR announces 2019 MENCS rules

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by FLRacingFan, Oct 2, 2018.

1. 2 Sweet

2 Sweet Legend

You could actually see under those cars a little bit, and suspension travel was a thing back then.

Larsonfan1995 and FLRacingFan like this.
  2. kyle18fan

kyle18fan Proud member of Rowdy Nation Contributor

Call it what you like, As long as it skews the bully out of another championship :lol2:

3. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

It sounds like it will be 'more difficult' in that you'll be running in traffic more and will need to finesse your way through the field more in terms of using the draft and not losing momentum with a bogged-down engine too much. Not nearly as difficult in terms of driving the car or racing the track though. Goodyear even said they can't use the softer tire philosophy NASCAR thought they would use because mid-corner speeds and tire temps are the same because they have more downforce to compensate for the lower power. The cars are power-limited, not mechanical grip-limited so it didn't make sense for Goodyear to develop a softer tire.

4. Thegeneral23

Thegeneral23 Team Owner

Damn u nailed it!!!

5. Revman

Revman Stop asking me about the package!

Don't mind it a bit when his year is spoilered.:lol2:

Larsonfan1995 and kyle18fan like this.
  6. Ventisca

Ventisca Team Owner Contributor

Enjoyed Homestead -- KyBu finishing fourth gave him a good look at Harvick's blade... :)

7. Revman

So I want to clarify the rules this year.....A caller on NASCAR Radio asked a question which Claire B. Lang couldn't answer because it was about NASCAR and not some "Chase tries hard, Joey is so determined, or Austin Dillon is on kill" stupid narrative. The caller said that Danny Lawrence (if you don't know who he is ignore this post) said that the cars would run a restrictor plate under the spacer for plate tracks after Daytona (after the 500 because we don't want to waste inventory---for the biggest race of the year---I digress). So, post 500, does anybody know what the hell the caller is talking about. I thought that after the 500, they would be running the All Star stuff without the plate, but with the spacer.....Just found this. Caller must be full of crap....

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...series-no-restrictor-plates-dayton-talladega/

8. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I thought you said stay off social media

LewTheShoe likes this.
  9. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Yeah Idk what that guy's talking about, it'll be the spacer plus the other 2019 aero bits which, in theory, will keep the speeds the same at Daytona and Talladega but they'll just race differently. Those cars that suddenly spin by themselves which you've seen at Daytona (especially) and Talladega the past few years will probably be much more stable.

10. Revman

@Thegeneral23 I am not letting you go away. We need you here. Stay strong brother!

Thegeneral23 and Charlie Spencer like this.
  11. Charlie Spencer

Charlie Spencer Short tracks and road courses rule.

One of the few things Rev and I can agree on.

Thegeneral23 likes this.
  12. Revman

Gotta start somewhere I guess. :D

13. Thegeneral23

Thegeneral23 Team Owner

Hahaha :punkrocke

14. Thegeneral23

Thegeneral23 Team Owner

It’s hard though man.. I just don’t see this going good at all .. and I’m about 80% sure it won’t lol

15. Revman

Rowdy is Rowdy, and we would watch him race shopping carts my brother. It will be okay.

16. rd45usa

rd45usa Team Owner

Jeff Gluck‏Verified account @jeff_gluck 4h4 hours ago
    At a Goodyear tire test in Fontana, cars driven by Truex, Logano and Suárez just did a run together before lunch. The drivers seemed to hold it wide open for several laps before tires started to fall off — and they ran very close together for almost the whole run. #newpackage

17. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

3 wide down the straight.

18. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

and it was Suarez first into turn one, looked like he over cooked a bit and Joey and Truex looked like they were going to pounce.

19. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

over 2 minute clip

rd45usa likes this.
  20. Mispeedway15

Mispeedway15 Team Owner

Man it’s gonna be so difficult this season to deal with such close racing and finding the slingshots

Thegeneral23 likes this.
  21. DUN24

DUN24 Skeptical of the Spectacle

"But we haven't even seen them race yet"

Wide open around a track that usually requires a good bit of turning to the right. 'Greatest drivers in the world' in freeway traffic. Driving side by side does not equate to GoOd rAcInG.

:owquitit:

22. Turtle84

Turtle84 Team Owner

Yup, hybrid plate track wide open. I am at least impressed at the engine noise they're still cranking out.

23. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Any comments from the drivers after yesterday?

24. Charlie Spencer

So a guy with two years experience (and no previous time with this car or crew chief) can hang with the two most recent Cup champions? I don't see this as a good thing; just me, I guess.

25. Team Penske

Team Penske Team Owner

That might change when there is 33 more cars running with them.
    Does anyone know what spoiler squares had? :D

26. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

somebody please save the cars, they were choking and coughing. Nascar needs something like the ASPCA. Some of us older fans will be having heart attacks with three wide racing, please Nascar stop it. :D

27. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

When has track position not been "massive"

Charlie Spencer likes this.
  28. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Charlie Spencer and rd45usa like this.
  29. Turtle84

Turtle84 Team Owner

"TURN HARD LEFT ON THAT SOB". Guy's this was the moment, I think we might be owed an explanation here.

:sarcasm:

30. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Can't catch that new stang bro. Looks like the new body has speed. :punkrocke

31. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Idk what to think or feels at this point.

Atlanta better be good that's all I have to say at this point.

2 Sweet, FLRacingFan and AdoubleU24 like this.
  32. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I believe at Atlanta they aren't using the ducts. Pocono, Homestead and Darlington also.

33. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

I think the dress rehearsal at Las Vegas will be pretty telling at the end of the month. 14 drivers involved with Kurt, Kyle, Kez, Clint, Jimmie, Preece and Matt D. Alot of the gang will be there.

Turtle84, rd45usa and Kiante like this.
  34. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

I'm trying to stay optimistic. I just want the sport to move in the right direction and it seemed like last year it was. Now, it restarts over with this new package. The sport needs good news and positivity, I hope this package can be the answer.

Turtle84 likes this.
  35. Charlie Spencer

Yeah, that would be nice to stream live.

StandOnIt likes this.
  36. Snappy D

Snappy D 2017 Pick Em Champion 2018 Bold Predictor

A118E991-C88F-4313-9426-6BC46E08283B.jpeg Found this on the Twitter....thought I’d post. It’s the rules package schedule for each track. Now we can schedule our bitching sessions based on the HP run for that track.

37. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

LOL just saw this on Reddit and came here to post it.

Let me go ahead and print this out to hang up at my desk that way I know what level of bullshitery to expect on a weekly basis :rolleyes:

#team750hp

38. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

Awesome nugget of info!

[​IMG]

39. AdoubleU24

AdoubleU24 Team Owner

Can we be sure to include what package and engine are being used each week in the pre-race threads? Very important. I'm sure the TV networks will have to make a segment each week to let us know too. Air duct function will be gone over 342,873,659 times.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  40. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

Childers is working on the ducts, called in the heating and A/C guys