NASCAR announces 2019 MENCS rules

That big ol spoiler will slow them down alot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not if they have 750hp, the team's will find a way to get that spoiler down out of the air. If a big old truck can do 185 in the draft with a huge spoiler, a cup car will be able to go a hell of a lot faster with more horsepower.

Races are gonna last longer I think

I'm gonna wait and see how this does once teams put more time in to R&D.

As a fan I'm hoping they'll be tough to drive, but preparing for it not to be.

Fans: No more splitter. #TeamValence

NASCAR: Make the splitter BIGGER!

It’s what the fans want.

Jeff Gluck brings up a point that could or could not be true about developing a smaller engine and other OEM's joining the series in the future

https://jeffgluck.com/column-nascar-2019-rules-package-opinion-analysis/
A recent quote from IndyCar president of competition Jay Frye entered my mind. In talking about why IndyCar was going toward lower downforce and higher horsepower, he said: “Every motorsports series has its thing, and we’re going back to being fast and loud. These cars are hard to drive and cool to look at.”

Someone hire this man for NASCAR IMMEDIATELY.

A recent quote from IndyCar president of competition Jay Frye entered my mind. In talking about why IndyCar was going toward lower downforce and higher horsepower, he said: “Every motorsports series has its thing, and we’re going back to being fast and loud. These cars are hard to drive and cool to look at.”

Someone hire this man for NASCAR IMMEDIATELY.
Indy Car will be getting the money I allow for racing attendance. Looking at Iowa, Road America and St. Pete. I’m so bummed this package has become a reality.

Bottom line...if the race is 400 miles the drivers will ride around for 350. If it is 500 miles they will ride around for 450. The best drivers and teams will still win. Nothing changes.

Anything is possible but I don't anticipate other manufacturers getting into NASCAR unless the sport levels off and shows some potential for growth.

Bingo ...we have a winner.
And it came out that Indy Car is going to try to come out with a 900HP engine in 2021. It’s never been more of a good time for Indy Car to make some headway here, I feel like if they roll out that beast....along with today’s announcement...things are looking optimistic for Indy Car

And it came out that Indy Car is going to try to come out with a 900HP engine in 2021. It’s never been more of a good time for Indy Car to make some headway here, I feel like if they roll out that beast....along with today’s announcement...things are looking optimistic for Indy Car
Not unless they actually add ovals to the schedule.

nah I stick to Nascar and I have a feeling you still be watching too.

I just realized my brother’s Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat will be faster than a Cup Car next year. 705HP to 505HP. We’re loading up the trailer.....

they explain the package very well on Nascar America and this package is not going to make all the race pack racing like many of you are fearing its just going to help them be able to pass and put on a better show for the fans.

nah I stick to Nascar and I have a feeling you still be watching too.
Oh I’ll be watching, can’t give up the addiction. Not sure if I’ll be actually attending though, my wife has never been to a Indy Car Race.

they explain the package very well on Nascar America and this package is not going to make all the race pack racing like many of you are fearing its just going to help them be able to pass and put on a better show for the fans.
Why are you so angry?

Why are you so angry?

I'm not angry just sick of the crying on here exp about a package thats not even been use hey yall might like it I know it got rid of the plates at daytona and dega so that should you happy cause everyone here heated plate racing.

Well that sounds like a problem for you. I’m just stating my opinion if you don’t like it, there’s an ignore button I think

all i'm saying you should not complain about it until you see how it does. I got a feeling its going to make the racing better and elimate this aero push crap when u catch someone but can't pass them and thats all I want.

all i'm saying you should not complain about it until you see how it does. I got a feeling its going to make the racing better and elimate this aero push crap when u catch someone but can't pass them and thats all I want.
Okay that’s fine. And that’s your opinion not a fact. I wasn’t even complaining I don’t think... but it’s my preference I like what we have now. Some like it now some are excited for today. I’m not here to change anyone’s thinking. Or call people typical crybaby’s because they don’t subscribe to my line of thinking

Okay that’s fine. And that’s your opinion not a fact. I wasn’t even complaining I don’t think... but it’s my preference I like what we have now. Some like it now some are excited for today. I’m not here to change anyone’s thinking. Or call people typical crybaby’s because they don’t subscribe to my line of thinking

Okay maybe I came on too hard here its I've seen alot of it on facebook today I gotta stay away from there lol.

Okay maybe I came on too hard here its I've seen alot of it on facebook today I gotta stay away from there lol.
FB comments are the worst. Reddit is a close second. I find most here insightful, reasonable and knowledgable. I’m hoping more of our regulars come onto this topic because I’d like to see why they think this is a good idea or a bad idea.

No offense, but you have no idea what it will do, and neither does NASCAR.

It's very possible (I'm betting on it) that one team will hit on something and win about 15 races next year. This is gimmickry of the highest order.

Per Racer.com- The package will be on track Wednesday during a Goodyear tire test at Phoenix, marking the first time drivers will get experience with it.

Back
Top Bottom