NASCAR Death Bed

The sport is in trouble, most people here can see that, it's contracting, it's up to Nascar to stop the bleeding not make the wound bigger which they seem to want to to. Trying plate racing on a 1.5 track comes to mind as putting a band aid on an ever increasing problem. Nascar has done this continually for over 20 years. You have tracks downsizing their seating from over 150k to 60-80k, that should be a clear indicator things are not doing very well. Seems Nascar apologists abound around here, makes me wonder if they actually see what is going wrong ?

Seems Nascar apologists abound around here, makes me wonder if they actually see what is going wrong ?
NASCAR apologists...
heads-in-sand.gif

where is this better racing with better drivers making more money in front of more people?
I don't care how much driver's make, the highest paid drivers doesn’t equate to great racing, often times it's the opposite. The best racing is on the short tracks across the nation and before you go and tell me to watch that instead, remember why this discussion is taking place in the first place. The quality of racing in Cup has gone down, the fans are leaving, empty seats even at places like Martinsville and Richmond, why is that?

I don't care how much driver's make, the highest paid drivers doesn’t equate to great racing, often times it's the opposite. The best racing is on the short tracks across the nation and before you go and tell me to watch that instead, remember why this discussion is taking place in the first place. The quality of racing in Cup has gone down, the fans are leaving, empty seats even at places like Martinsville and Richmond, why is that?
where did the fans go? They sure haven't flocked to the short tracks or any other racing series. Can you go find the lost herd somewhere? :D

The talk of Nascar dying and predicting a date of death is textbook straw man speak as I think Nascar will always exist in one form or another. The acute problems facing Nascar are many including an overall lack of interest, declining viewership, declining attendance, declining sponsorship dollars and a really old audience. The experts don't know how to reverse these trends as they have been ongoing for many years so spaghetti is thrown against the ceiling and none of it sticks so more spaghetti is thrown with the same results.

This crap can go on forever and ever and ever. I have yet to read a single idea that actually helps to preserve stock car racing. NASCAR is still the biggest game in town as it pertains to stock car racing. Where will it be ten years from now? Not a single person on this forum can answer that question. Not one. There are speculations galore, they're worth a bucket of warm spit. If you delight in the downturn in NASCAR, why are you here? If you have all the answers, go buy yourself a three piece suit and a brief case, head down to Daytona and become a consultant. I'm sure they would appreciate the help. If everything is all bad and negative, go attend a Chicago White Sox game. They had a whopping 945 show up for a game this past week. In other words, IT AIN'T JUST NASCAR!!!!!!!!! So would some of you please find another dead horse to beat on? Watch Bristol this afternoon, try to enjoy it. If your mind is already made up that it's going to be a pathetic race, then why bother? Geez, How hard can it be?

https://www.si.com/mlb/2018/04/10/white-sox-rays-low-attendance-chicago

Unfortunately for Nascar there is no herd as lot have galloped off and many left are only fit for the glue factory.

doubt if you have figured it out. Most of us have though, and it is no basis for comparison to the racing of today other than a statistic.

Unfortunately for Nascar there is no herd as lot have galloped off and many left are only fit for the glue factory.

Then what is your solution? How can it be fixed? You really think those of us that are still avid fans are so stupid we can't see the decline? It's obvious things aren't what they used to be. The smug attitude of the ones such as yourself doesn't do anything to fill the stands or make folks tune in. An album cover of a clueless fool unaware what's going on around him is supposed to say what exactly? Oh right, it's aimed at the lesser intelligent such as myself who actually would love to see an upswing for the sport.

OK, this is getting really nasty and personal. Some need to take a break from this thread, please.
Or maybe I just shut lock it down and let it die. But some seem to take a rather perverse pleasure in keeping it alive.

Classic. A thread about NASCAR's death bed and being told to stop beating a dead horse. I'll stop beating a dead horse when the horse quits heading in the wrong direction, makes a turn-a-round, and attempts to right the ship.

There is a small but dedicated group of apologists firmly in lockstep with Brian on most issues including "the racing has never been better than today." That is perfectly fine as different people see the same thing in different ways. Unfortunately for Nascar millions and millions have exited the series because they don't see things the way Brian does.

There is a small but dedicated group of apologists firmly in lockstep with Brian on most issues including "the racing has never been better than today." That is perfectly fine as different people see the same thing in different ways. Unfortunately for Nascar millions and millions have exited the series because they don't see things the way Brian does.

where did they go? I guess Brian influenced them so badly they don't want to see another race car anywhere again. :D:p

where did they go? I guess Brian influenced them so badly they don't want to see another race car anywhere again. :D:p
Huh...that's funny, short tracks here draw just fine, Icebreaker had 36 cars in it for the race, had 27 last year I believe. Seems fans are watching short track racing more than Cup.

Classic. A thread about NASCAR's death bed and being told to stop beating a dead horse. I'll stop beating a dead horse when the horse quits heading in the wrong direction, makes a turn-a-round, and attempts to right the ship.
And I'll politely ask how all this arguing and complaining on a message board will get NASCAR to right the ship.
I really would like to know --- I'm not blowing hot air. I'm really curious how this will help.

And I'll politely ask how all this arguing and complaining on a message board will get NASCAR to right the ship.
I really would like to know --- I'm not blowing hot air. I'm really curious how this will help.
If more fans leave, how much more can Nascar sustain before it no longer becomes profitable?

Huh...that's funny, short tracks here draw just fine, Icebreaker had 36 cars in it for the race, had 27 last year I believe. Seems fans are watching short track racing more than Cup.

probably because of other short tracks closing the field got larger? In case you aren't aware racing is declining everywhere. Anybody who is a racing fan should be aware of that. Whining about any series isn't helping anybody

945 showed up for a white sox game, you might be better served talking about the end of baseball. :p

I don't think anything discussed about Nascar on this forum shapes its future in anyway at all. I do think that in other parts of the forum individual lives can be changed through the encouragement and education by other people and I think that is great.

Noting that the good people at NASCAR radio seem to skim through some of the comments here and on other forums, and talk about them, it can't help. Who knows a good idea might pop up. Of course, it will be met with resistance by those that can't see that some fans care enough to write about the issues within the sport.

Also, as a administrator of the board you can shut the thread down to quiet what it appears some are hitting the reporting button about. If you want a cheering section about the sport and only the positive then say so or just lock the thread. I'd suggest you lock the ratings thread too if you don't want negative about where the sport is trending.

Noting that the good people at NASCAR radio seem to skim through some of the comments here and on other forums, and talk about them, it can't help. Who knows a good idea might pop up. Of course, it will be met with resistance by those that can't see that some fans care enough to write about the issues within the sport.

Also, as a administrator of the board you can shut the thread down to quiet what it appears some are hitting the reporting button about. If you want a cheering section about the sport and only the positive then say so or just lock the thread. I'd suggest you lock the ratings thread too if you don't want negative about where the sport is trending.
you didn't answer the question :confused:

Apparently you missed the fact that posting on a forum board about anything serves no purpose except for the poster to voice their own opinion.
Here is the question..In other words you aren't in a position to do any good what so ever

Here is the question..In other words you aren't in a position to do any good what so ever

Maybe Nascar might actually listen to the fans someday :idunno:

Back
Top Bottom