NASCAR Death Bed

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/s...e-playoffs-driver-best-chance-win-first-title
An interesting article from about a year ago with some nice deathbed stuff. Enjoy.
The sponsorship extension, which covers about 85 percent of No. 17 inventory through 2021, according to the team, allows Stenhouse Jr. to set his sights on one goal — getting back to Victory Lane.
Ricky has 3 more shots to win this year and if he does look out.......there could be enough money on the table to bring back the 16 car although with as much as charters are worth it could be cost prohibitive.

My guess the fenway angle goes by bye very soon.
Could be. I dont know what return he's getting off of this venture but i find it difficult to believe its much if anything. Maybe a few percentage points off of the sponsorship, but I doubt that. I'm sure every penny is going in to the team and then some. Gotta be a loss, tax write off?

Could be. I dont know what return he's getting off of this venture but i find it difficult to believe its much if anything. Maybe a few percentage points off of the sponsorship, but I doubt that. I'm sure every penny is going in to the team and then some. Gotta be a loss, tax write off?

With those valuable charters and 85% of sponsorship in place for the 17 team John and Jack could be sitting on a gold mine.

I would think so,I know his major interest sports oriented are the Red Sox and his soccer team, I think he jumped into Nascar when it was booming and the "in thing" to do.

I think thats a pretty good deal to have those three signed through 2021. Unfortunately the 6 is a money pit.
Something isn't right, I'm guessing Bayne has sponsorship money. If not it is a no brainer to put somebody else in the seat. A whole gang of better drivers out there without any sponsors.

Fenway controls RFR, everything except the race team. My guess they are raping the company leaving very little money for the cars. Jack is probably getting money for his RYE deals.
Of course I could be totally out to lunch on this.:p

Something isn't right, I'm guessing Bayne has sponsorship money. If not it is a no brainer to put somebody else in the seat. A whole gang of better drivers out there without any sponsors.
I think he does have some relationship with Advocare. Toyota is overbooked and Ryan Preece needs a shot.

I think he does have some relationship with Advocare. Toyota is overbooked and Ryan Preece needs a shot.
I don't think Preece to RFR would be a good move for him until he has sponsorship's of his own.
Better to show his talent in a car that has winning potential. To bad they wouldn't run another car with the #78 team.
I think however there are many young drivers with very little senior drivers so the climb to the front is a bit easier.

yeah he is on a short list, Hemeric, and Bell also IMO all of them could out drive Bayne. I think Preece would be the best choice, he knows a lot about what a car needs for setup

I don't think Preece to RFR would be a good move for him until he has sponsorship's of his own.
Better to show his talent in a car that has winning potential. To bad they wouldn't run another car with the #78 team.
I think however there are many young drivers with very little senior drivers so the climb to the front is a bit easier.

Roush shows up with fast cars and Stenhouse more often than not drives them into the wall the first practice. If he doesn't Bayne does. Awful hard to set up a car when the teams are swapping out the engine to the backup car.

Roush shows up with fast cars and Stenhouse more often than not drives them into the wall the first practice. If he doesn't Bayne does
So maybe the cars are not good enough and the drivers are trying to hard. A good driver goes to the edge then back to the pit for adjustments. The others just go back to the pits for the back up car. Not smart enough to be patient and give the team a chance to make adjustments.

Everyone knows his potential. He is a now in the " i dont have to bring money" caliber of drivers and someone is gonna snatch him up and I dont see a Toyota seat right now.

Everyone knows his potential. He is a now in the " i dont have to bring money" caliber of drivers and someone is gonna snatch him up and I dont see a Toyota seat right now.
I believe that is why Childress is putting Hemeric in a self sponsored cup car this weekend. He is trying to hang on to him. He is down a car, also Newman? who knows what his deal is.

But he only got a JG's car because he rented the ride in the first place. Not many drivers don't bring a sponsor with them these days.

Can someone explain why Brian France handed Truex his championship ring the way he did?

If the Death Bed mentality needs promotion in the media, NBC's crew of jabbering clowns is on the job. Dale Jr. states plainly that no new rules package could be worse than the current racing and that Charlotte has to be "fixed", and Burton and Jarrett spend time describing themselves as traditionalists who nonetheless think that "something" must be done. Here are the faces of one of NASCAR's two broadcast partners pining on-air at great length for the product to be basically anything different than what it currently is. Good stuff. :rolleyes:

The Wall Street Journal writes a huge article about a 11% decline in the viewership of the Today show. People are in a panic about it. The same thing happens race after race in NASCAR and we are fed spin about how great everything is in NASCARville.:D

We have met the enemy and he is us.

Walt Kelly/Pogo

The Wall Street Journal writes a huge article about a 11% decline in the viewership of the Today show. People are in a panic about it. The same thing happens race after race in NASCAR and we are fed spin about how great everything is in NASCARville.:D

People have floated all sorts of excuses as to why Nascar is circling the bowl and the rotten economy was the go to reason for a long time but even the greatest of the apologists rarely uses that one today. We then went through a period of people blaming Nascar's demise on the fad fans that came out of nowhere and then vaporized. Recently I have read 1 person claim that Nascar is in no different position than the NFL as they are all losing fans at about the same rate. I kid you not!

Back
Top Bottom