nascar ended up with a corrupt race

Dr. Jerry Punch is a regular guest on a Knoxville sports talk show every Monday. He's been doing this for several years now. Even he has been coming down on MWR for this. He's basically saying Bowyer was instructed to spin. Dr. Punch really sheeps it up for NASCAR on a regular basis. So if he's saying what he said, you know something really did happen.

They didn't change the outcome of the race. That is how it is different.
It did affect the championship in a huge way, but one is just team racing rather than 2 guys battling it out themselves. What we saw Saturday, especially the Logano 'passes', goes too far, IMO. I knew for sure Menard spun intentionally, and I'm still suspicious as to why JJ was out there affecting the chase lineup and how he hit the wall on the front stretch when he wasn't even braking, so I kind of see Bowyers spin as business as usual.

Clint Bowyers paint scheme for Chicago.

BTv0HLPIgAEm95e.jpg:large

That's VERY unrealistic. Bowyer would never say sorry to Jeff.

I just saw Bowyer's in-car camera footage and heard the radio chatter seconds before the spin. Sure looks to me like Clint is guilty, and that is sad. Despain said, if NASCAR finds Clint guilty, he should be dicked 450 points so that even if he wins every Chase race, he'll still finish 12th. That sounds good to me but I'd like to see at least a $100,000 fine, as well.

Dustin Long ‏@dustinlong 16s
It's 5 pm ET. Typically #NASCAR has official Cup race results out by now (especially for Sat race). So far nothing. Hmm #AskMRN @MRNRadio

hmmm....maybe nascar is keeping their chase options open. I hope they don't screw the #22 team to try and 'make things right'. The kid did what he had to do, and has no control over all this other stuff.

Dustin Long ‏@dustinlong 16s
It's 5 pm ET. Typically #NASCAR has official Cup race results out by now (especially for Sat race). So far nothing. Hmm #AskMRN @MRNRadio

hmmm....maybe nascar is keeping their chase options open. I hope they don't screw the #22 team to try and 'make things right'. The kid did what he had to do, and has no control over all this other stuff.

No, those in control were 15, 55 and MWR

I just saw Bowyer's in-car camera footage and heard the radio chatter seconds before the spin. Sure looks to me like Clint is guilty, and that is sad. Despain said, if NASCAR finds Clint guilty, he should be dicked 450 points so that even if he wins every Chase race, he'll still finish 12th. That sounds good to me but I'd like to see at least a $100,000 fine, as well.

I'm hating on Bowyer but honestly, I have alot of the hate on MWR. They run things, if Bowyer doesn't do what he's indirectly told, who knows what would happen.. Certainly their would be some kind of friction within the organization..

I think Logano paid MWR to order Vickers to slow down so he would make the chase! I demand a full investigation into the corrupt Joey Logano and his race-fixing practices!

I think it's more like Tuesday before penalties or NASCAR statements are made. It may take an extra day to come up with something for this one anyhow.

I'm hating on Bowyer but honestly, I have alot of the hate on MWR. They run things, if Bowyer doesn't do what he's indirectly told, who knows what would happen.. Certainly their would be some kind of friction within the organization..
This.

I've always liked Bowyer and I still do. I'm pissed about this but I'm not really sure how many options that he'd have in that situation this past Saturday. He knows who signs his checks.

I think NASCAR may come up with a (another) BS reason to find that there is not enough conclusive evidence to find Bowyer guilty. Just so they can save the season.
What was the radio chatter about just before the spin? Clint is a chump. I always knew Mikey was.

Ricky Craven stated on ESPN today that he's "sickened" by what MWR had done. Pretty strong words on a pretty big network. If nothing else I feel completely justified for feeling the way I do about this. At some point I'll just move on but I may have to break my own rule about not booing drivers. And I already have a plan for a NASCAR Raceday sign for next June at MIS if not sooner.

Kick Bowyer and Truax out of the chase. Add Gordon in as the 10th seed behind Logano, replacing Bowyer as one of the top 10.
Put Newman in as the final wildcard replacing Truax.

A penalty against the 55 means nothing now, deduct all points earned in the 2014 Daytona 500, as well as having an assured provisional.

Those penalties are applicable they away what the manipulation tried to accomplishment.

Inform all that any team collusion during a race in the future is subject to discipline.

They figured out a way to cheat and alter the standings going into The Chase. NASCAR needs to step up and make an example of them.
Sucks for Newman; he got hosed by SHR (and his crappy pit crew) and MWR and he drove his ass off to get in The Chase.
I'm really anxious to see how NASCAR handles this one.

Err, again for the clueless. WHEN did Bowyer WRECK Gordon? Gordon puts the bumper to more drivers than anyone in the field, and that's a fact. He lined up 3rd after Bowyer spun him at Martinsville, and in fact Jeff put Bowyer in the wall for what he did and was proud he did. "I made sure he didn't win". That should have been the end of it, especially because Jeff fell all the way back to 14th on those old tires of his.

During the rest of the season, there was SLIGHT contact with Boyer just twice. All of Jeff's whinings about being wrecked by Bowyer all year are total BS, and I think you know it.

All this whining by Gordon fans is getting old. I guess his fans are much like him, getting old and cranky and losing their eyesight.

Sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about. Go watch the end of the Martinsville race again.

Bowyer drove like a douche all year and Gordon finally decided to take him out. Right or wrong, all you 24 haters need to get over it.

Spot on....But still was walking the fence in fear of NASCRAP reprisal....

Anybody got a response from Mr Excitement...That should be good...

So , If you tell your driver to stay out instead of pit to help a teammate its ok? Or you slow down to let him gain a position its ok, Or come down pit road and say I got a vibration its ok, Maybe even try something experimental in the last race knowing your car won't last and you will most likely never finish the race. Dude this kind of stuff has happened more than any of us will ever know. IMO you can't draw a line of black and white, right way wrong way. Just eat a snickers and enjoy life a bit more!!:D

No I'm not saying you should go to great lengths to prevent something from happening. But if you're already in a position to help out your teammates by being out front in keeping that guy from leading, then do that. Big difference.

Err, again for the clueless. WHEN did Bowyer WRECK Gordon? Gordon puts the bumper to more drivers than anyone in the field, and that's a fact. He lined up 3rd after Bowyer spun him at Martinsville, and in fact Jeff put Bowyer in the wall for what he did and was proud he did. "I made sure he didn't win". That should have been the end of it, especially because Jeff fell all the way back to 14th on those old tires of his.

During the rest of the season, there was SLIGHT contact with Boyer just twice. All of Jeff's whinings about being wrecked by Bowyer all year are total BS, and I think you know it.

All this whining by Gordon fans is getting old. I guess his fans are much like him, getting old and cranky and losing their eyesight.

Buddy, we've been here before.

Like I said, your trolling needs a hell of alot more work if you think I'm going to take that sorry bait that Gordon felt from 14th all on his own and that he wrecks the most drivers in the field. :D

Sorry but you have no idea what you're talking about. Go watch the end of the Martinsville race again.

Bowyer drove like a douche all year and Gordon finally decided to take him out. Right or wrong, all you 24 haters need to get over it.

Sorry, I'm exactly right. Go watch yourself.

Back
Top Bottom